[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone else find the Death Star II to be more iconic than
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: Death_star_2.jpg (351 KB, 1385x785) Image search: [Google]
Death_star_2.jpg
351 KB, 1385x785
Does anyone else find the Death Star II to be more iconic than the original?
It just looks a lot more sinister to me, and when someone says "Death Star" that is the one I think of.
>>
>when someone says "Death Star" that is the one I think of.

Same
>>
>>63880867

Trivia: in French, in episode IV, it's called the "étoile noire", or Black Star, then in episode VI, it's called the "étoile de la Mort", or Death Star. As a kid, I wasn't even sure they were supposed to be the same star or two completely different objects.
>>
>>63880974
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYcI4ScPI_M
>>
>>63880974
I actually like that better than just adding a 2
>>
nice thread startards
>>
>>63880867

Its ragged, unfinished sides do give it a lot of character.
>>
>>63880867

When I was a kid I originally thought they were rebuilding it from pieces of original Death Star. Instead of if being constructed I thought that that was all there were able to salvage. And missing parts were battle wounds and damage.

I imagined is as a Frankenstein monster. Reanimated corpse brought back to life.

In short, destroyed and now damaged, wounded, brought back from the death itself. And name DEATH star had more sense.
>>
File: 1353951750756.jpg (7 KB, 299x274) Image search: [Google]
1353951750756.jpg
7 KB, 299x274
>tfw they build a Starkiller II in Episode IX
>>
>>63880867

Its also bigger.
>>
>>63883257
I thought I was the only one...
>>
>>63883257
>>63884194

Yeah, me too. But it might have to do with the fact that in the French version, they aren't called "Death Star I" and "Death Star II", they're called "Black Star" and "Death Star", which gives them very distinct personalities.
>>
>>63884361
ah shit someone beat me to it
>>63880974
>>
>>63880867

yeah, when you put it that way I always remember Death Star 2 more.

When I was little, I thought it was the first death star and they just didn't blow it up all the way the first time.
>>
>>63883320
it's as big as a galaxy and can destroy three galaxies in three different timelines and alternate realities at once and they will use it to reboot the series
>>
>>63883320
It can now target enemy Death Stars!
>>
>>63884485
I want to say how fucking stupid this sounds but knowing how franchises have been headed for the last 10 years or so, I know it's certainly possible.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.