[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
this guy got more screen time than i thought he was going to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6
File: poe.png (2 MB, 832x1216) Image search: [Google]
poe.png
2 MB, 832x1216
this guy got more screen time than i thought he was going to

and it wasnt enough
>>
I expected to see him more and at least dick Rey desu
>>
>>63879783
i was reading JJ planned to kill it at first, then changed his mind, correct?
>>
>>63879783
Captain Phasma got less screen time than I thought and she ended up shit. Guess it balances it out.
>>
>>63879783
>and it wasnt enough
I think that's wrong.
I feel we got just the right amount. It keeps us wanting more.
>>
So Rogue One is going to be a spin-off? Or will it directly impact the rest of the trilogy? I'm hoping for the latter so that Isaac's fully fleshed development in Rogue One leads to much more screen time in VIII and IX.
>>
>>63879783
>Finn and Poe immediately get separated instead of having fun buddy-cop style adventures trying to outrun the First Order
>>
>>63879863
I expect we will see a lot more of him in the next too. We don't really know much about him yet.
>>
File: hey im sheev.png (756 KB, 1200x816) Image search: [Google]
hey im sheev.png
756 KB, 1200x816
>>63879783
>mfw he and rey didnt have even a single line of dialogue this entire movie

for what literal purpose? if theyre supposed to be 2 of the big 3, why not have them even acknowledge each other when they both get back to the resistance base?
>>
>>63879880
I don't think Oscar Issac is in Rouge One.
>>
File: 1450202530168.jpg (106 KB, 644x781) Image search: [Google]
1450202530168.jpg
106 KB, 644x781
>>63879915
>tfw no Finn & Poe wacky adventures throughout the galaxy
>>
>>63879880
It's based on the OT and how they got the Death Star plans, so no Poe.
>>
>>63879915
They're saving that for the next one when Rey is away with Luke f am
>>
>so who talks first?
>you talk first, i talk first....
>choke

only one liner i thought was funny and not cringey, like "what, what's that, why are you doing that with your head"
>>
>>63879981
>>63879985

Oh... I thought Isaac was supposed to be the primary lead in his own SW movie. Is that bad information?
>>
>>63879783
Isaac is truly a great actor. He had the best performance, by far.
>>
>>63879953
yeah, especially when it's in the Force Awakens novel so it probably was a scene that was cut out at some point
>>
>>63880058
Yeah that was a line that actually felt right and wasn't forced. Fit Poe's character.
>>
>>63880130
what happens in the novel?
>>
Even tho its completely retarded writing how him and Finna instantly became best buddies I gotta admit they had great chemistry and I want to see more
>>
>>63880201
Here's a quote from the end when they complete the map.

Rey and Poe were not excluded, though their sudden, tight clinch of shared excitement led to a moment of mutual awkwardness.

“Uh, hi,” the pilot mumbled. “I’m Poe.”

She nodded slowly, searching his face and finding that she liked it. “I recognize the name. So you’re Poe. Poe Dameron, the X-wing pilot. I’m Rey.”

“I know.” He smiled back, a little more at ease. “Nice to meet you.”
>>
>>63880245
what the fuck, that sounds like a great scene. probably one of the only genuine ones that didnt have some bullshit joke in it

>cutting oscar isaac scenes

GODDAMMIT JJ
>>
File: 1382548457513.jpg (25 KB, 579x570) Image search: [Google]
1382548457513.jpg
25 KB, 579x570
>>63880245
>y-y-you too...
>>
File: 200_s.gif (58 KB, 357x200) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
58 KB, 357x200
>>63880245
goddammit, that sounds cute as fuck

and if it ends up being true theyre love interests, making all that happen in the next film without any set up at all, like this scene wouldve done, is stupid
>>
>>63880245
>Finn is a good friend
>She likes Poe's face
NTR NTR NTR
>>
File: 6454.jpg (19 KB, 396x385) Image search: [Google]
6454.jpg
19 KB, 396x385
>>63879783
Dont worry dude
Finn x Poe in EP VIII
>>
>>63880093
I don't think he's getting his own movie. You were probably misinformed. We are getting a Han Solo. I would've preferred a movie based on Poe.
>>
>>63880245
HNNGGGGGGGGG!
Where is this novel?
>>
Is that Rodrigo Lombardi?
>>
>haven't seen the movie yet
>Oscar Isaac is based and no problems with Boyega
>everyone keeps saying they have GOAT chemistry

At least I can hype for something
>>
>>63880520
It's published as a ebook for now. Print version is coming later.
>>
>>63880560

Oscar Isaac works with anyone. The guy is just a marvelous actor.
>>
>GOD TIER
bb8
poe
TR-8R

>GREAT TIER
han
hux
kylo ren
chewie

>GOOD TIER
finn
rey

>MEH TIER
leia

>BAD TIER
phasma
maz

>WE'LL SEE TIER
luke
snoke
>>
>>63880741
>finn in good tier only

fuck of back to /pol/ you racist fuck
>>
>>63880798
when he was with poe he was fun and cool, and i liked him then

but the dialogue they gave him trying to be "funny" really lost him point, and his whole backstory also didn't make sense (indoctrinated storm trooper suddenly turns traitor after seeing one massacre. at least give him some other reasons or something more); that lost him some points too
>>
>>63880798
He's got Han in great tier, when it was a shitty performance by Harrisson.
>>
>>63880245

I have known this feel, but it was a long time ago.
>>
>>63880893
>>>/pol/

>>63880918
Yeah he is obviously a stormweenie disregard all his opinions
>>
JJ said he was originally going to kill him off
>>
>>63880245
Im happy this was removed

Finn x Poe is the only OTP in the new Star Wars
>>
>>63880918
Do you think we will ever get a movie where Harrison will give it his all. I would like to believe he will in the new Blade Runner, but he is probably all pissed if they go along with the Deckard is a replicant and keep the voice overs.
>>
>>63880741
Good rankings

I'd bump finn up to great tier and hux down to good for my own one
>>
>>63881025
I don't. Ford is way too old for it. He did it for the paycheck and not much else.
>>
>>63881002
>Wanting Hispanic Hotness to end up with unattractive Boyaga

Fuck off
>>
>>63881106
Hey, John may not be the prettiest, but he's got heart
>>
>>63880955
>>63880798
Stop false-flagging anti-/pol/ posters, /pol/. I know it's you. You've got to be more subtle, since the guy you replied to never even mentioned race to begin with.
>>
That fucking scene where he was flying in Yavin absolutely destroying the enemy fighters
When are we getting a webm of that?
>>
>>63880977

I wouldn't have been surprised if they did at the start, but the fact that there was no body pretty much explicitly says he's going to be coming back later in the movie.
>>
>>63880245
So whats more canon? The movie or the novel?
>>
>>63881347
movie however i wouldnt be suprised if they add the scene in on dvd/bluray
>>
>>63881177
Finn was easily the best actor/character in the entire movie. Saying he was only mid tier just points out your racism

nice conspiracy mentality polcuck
>>
>>63881347
The novel doesn't contradict the movie. It just expands on some stuff and adds small things like that scene although I didn't read it that closely so maybe there are errors. Both of them can then be canon naturally. But of course I doubt the makers of the next movie will consider anything else than the current one so I doubt the novel will matter that much even though it is said to be official canon.
>>
>>63881561
>best character
he, like rey, started strong. he started off as a guy who ran away from something he thought was terrifying and horrible (even if it is slightly unbelievable, considering he was conditioned since birth). his bromance with poe was cool too

but he quickly devolved into a comic relief character around the same time rey devolved into a mary sue girlpower protag, and stayed that way for a lot of the movie, which fucking sucked because they both started off strong

poe was better at being funny, plucky, and likeable

>best actor
>in a movie with oscar isaac

hux and kylo were both better than finn. those comedy lines again just killed him, they looked like he was from 2015 and totally destroyed immersion.
>>
It's to build up to the next movie.

Now that Finn are Poe have been established to be the only good main characters while Rey is off Mary Sueing with Luke, they're going to bro-up and have space adventures in the next movie

It'll basically be a Han Solo/Lando spinoff
>>
>>63881839
They felt out of place, but if I think they may have worked if they were maybe worded differently or if Phasma had some more actual screen time with Finn.
>>
>>63880741
I think this is correct but I'd put Phasma in good tier, she barely did anything but she was really good in what she did do.
I would also put Finn in great tier.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.