[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm sorry, but if you like the 1970s version, you are blinded
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
I'm sorry, but if you like the 1970s version, you are blinded for nostalgia for an era that you weren't even born in.

The 2005 version is better in every aspect.
>>
It's really not

I watched both of them as a kid and recently
Both times I prefered the original
>>
>>63877979
>being a nigger
>not understanding that both have their merits, but the 70's one is ultimately superior
I'm not even a nostalgiafag, your opinion's just wrong.
>>
I actually prefer the oompa loompa songs in the remake.
>>
>>63878069
>Actually musically interesting and varied
>Use the source material's hilarious lyrics

Why is this a controversial opinion, again?
>>
Who are you trying to trigger?

Not even children think that.
>>
>>63877979
NORMAN!
>>
>>63877979
The new one is a much better movie but the old one has a better wonka.
>>
>>63877979
>annoying portrayals of the characters
>modern day bullshit
>lame backstory for Depp
>awful songs
>Mary Sue Charlie Buckett

The 70s was great because it felt magical and it still does. Plus all the characters feel real or at least have flaws to make them real.
>>
>>63879215
Exactly what I'm talking about in the OP.

Literally all of those things are nostalgiagoggles.

>awful songs

ESPECIALLY this one. This one is objectively false.
>>
Neither of them is as good as the book, not even remotely

For opposite reasons: the 70s version is way too sweet and dumb, the 00s version is way too edgy and retarded
>>
>We are the music makers....
>>
>>63878020
>both of them as a kid

How fucking old are you
>>
>>63879456
Are you mentally disabled? Watching it as a kid doesn't mean he watched the movie when it came out you fucking retard.
>>
>>63879215
This. And the humor in the 70s one was much better. That scene when they're interviewing Augustus family and they ask the Dad how he feels and he bites off the head of the microphone. I still don't understand why the author got so incredibly pissy over the original it came out great.
>>
>>63877979
Book > Original Movie > Remake
Yeah i think there is pretty much a consensus at this point that the original movie is better than the remake. I could go on and on about how lame and forced everything felt in the remake, but it really comes down to a magical, unique feeling that the original movie gave, which was absent in the remake.
>>
>>63879797
>Agustus's mom panicking
>Wonka's half-assed "Help. Police. Murder."
>>
File: g4f0hdko.jpg (396 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
g4f0hdko.jpg
396 KB, 800x600
you just know
>>
>>63877979
This is b8. It's not even good b8. I don't really have much nostalgia for the original film, but the new one was fucking garbage
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.