[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Sith >Clones WTF? They totally ruined it. These two words
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2
File: image.png (89 KB, 500x300) Image search: [Google]
image.png
89 KB, 500x300
>Sith
>Clones

WTF? They totally ruined it. These two words make the prequels canon. These two fucking words make midichlorians, Jar Jar and Anakin canon.

You had one job Disney...
>>
>>63876642
these things were always canon
>>
The execution was retarded but there's no reason to erase the prequels from existence

Outside of midochlorians, which I'm gonna assume is just some primitive misconception from the age of the Republic
>>
Calm down bruh

Midichlorians was stupid, yes, but if you're so mad about them how would you make them then?
>>
>>63876755

There is tho... They ruined the whole mythology and gimmicks that made the universe very cool, like Yoda or the Force or the worst of all, light sabers.
>>
>>63876642
>Le prequels are bad may-may
>>
I honestly never understood peoples beef with midichlorians.
>>
>>63876642
Anakin was always canon. They say his name in Episode V and VI.
>>
It's only a matter of time before Disney makes a movie set in the prequel era. They are just cashing in on nostalgia for now. They most certainly won't throw away over 80% of their canon. There is more than 60 hours of The Clone Wars tv series alone... The OT is like a small spinoff compared to that.
>>
>Clones
But Obi Wan said he and Anakin fought in the Clone Wars together in Star Wars (1977).
>>
>>63877081
He was a good friend
>>
I can understand not liking the prequels, but I don't get not liking the story of the prequels, including midicholrians and clones.
>>
People who hate the prequels fall into one of three camps.

1. Reddit teenagers who think "prequels suck" because the internet told them to think that. Their brains are literally not developed enough to form opinions outside of groupthink.

2. People who were edgelord teenagers when the prequels came out and "hated" them because they hated everything. Probably just unintelligent in most matters.

3. Baby boomers who won't accept anything but Harrison Ford and Mark Hamill.

The prequels are excellent science fiction movies. Objectively, there is no reason to dislike them.

>Jar Jar

A narrator for children. You might as well hate C3PO too.

>too much politics

Lucas was trying to explain his world and tell a story. If you're really just after POPCORN XD, there are plenty of other shitty franchises to watch.

>bad acting/dialogue

Star Wars always has had and always will have overwrought dialogue, because it is modeled as an epic. In fact, any dialogue involving the force is infinitely more ridiculous in the original trilogy.

>bad CG

It is much better than most films of the time.

The prequels are not bad movies. They are simply not STAR WARS as braindeads in the aforementioned groups understand it. Now Disney has catered to these, combined with the normie "fans" who don't know anything about Star Wars, and produced Avengers IV: Lightsabers, without an ounce of creativity.

This movie is truly bad. It is truly worse than any of the prequels. And it will truly ruin this franchise. Fuck whoever likes The Force Awakens.
>>
>>63877290
I can't tell if you're being serious or not, but I sort of agree with you regarding the prequels. TFA was all right though, but literally just a re-hash of an old story line.
>>
The prequels had a great story, everyone who denies this is a retard.
But the acting, dialogues, and many characters were terrible.
>>
>>63876999
>trying to offer an explanation for magic
>not stupid

u wot
>>
>Maz explaining the Force
>Not a single mention of MIDIchlorians
good enough for me desu
>>
>>63876642
Guess they don't give a shit about your feelings about movies that came out 10 to 16 years ago.
>>
It would be mean to erase the prequels from canon. The least that can be done is just ignore the lame parts of it for find logic that goes around it. Like the Force is back to being a mystical thing used by religious believers in it instead of the Midichlorians causing it. Midichlorians are still there, but they're just more drawn to and present in highly Force sensitive people and there for can be calculated to see the Force potential in a person.
>>
>>63876963
>>63876999
Faggot.
>>
Nice fedora OP
>>
>>63878289
Reddit
>>
Midichlorians are canon faggot. That's why Kylo lost to Rey, he was bleeding midichlorians all over the place and his force powers weakened.
>>
>>63876999
Because they are stupid.
I am not even joking.
They think that midichlorians = the force when the point is that those things live in the bodies of people strong with the force as an effect of it.
>>
>>63877398
>microorganisms are stupid
>magic being highly advanced science is stupid
>>
>>63876755
The prequels didn't add anything of value that wasn't deduced from the OT. So erasing them doesn't erase the clone wars or the empire forming from an existent power structure. It just erases the idiotic ways lucas chose to illustrate those concepts.
>>
>>63876642
Apparently Ewan has a line in the movie, so there you go.
>>
>>63878422
quigon explicitly stated that midichlorians were entirely responsible for people's connection with the force. They weren't a side effect of force connection, they were the sole means of force connection.
>>
File: pic_1292353844_9.jpg (22 KB, 240x260) Image search: [Google]
pic_1292353844_9.jpg
22 KB, 240x260
>>63876642
>prequels
>bad

Reddit detected.
>>
Midichlorians are just a corruption of "mitochondrion"; they're organelles present in the cells of living beings in the Star Wars universe that are responsible for generating force awareness.

The problem isn't that they exist, or that they "explain away the force" or whatever.

The problem is that it was a wholly unnecessary scene. That shit should be saved for the autistic technical manuals and visionary dictionaries or whatever. I don't want the movie to stop in the middle and bring the pace to a grinding halt to explain how warp drives work, and I don't want it to do so with the force either. It's the principle of the thing, not the content.
>>
>>63876642
>WTF? They totally ruined it. These two words make the prequels canon.

clones were mentioned in a new hope. Sith in the novelization of a new hope
>>
>>63878711
One of the better scenes of the OT was yoda lifting the x-wing out of the swamp and depositing it on solid ground like it was nothing. So all the lines surrounding that about how size doesn't matter, and luke failed because he didn't believe were made irrelevant, because midichlorians changed the relevant variable from willpower, belief, to how many parasites you have in your bloodstream.
>>
>>63878553
No
>>
>>63878987
ebin
>>
>>63876999
This. It's the same thing as science in real life ruining the "magic" of the world as people once knew it thousands of years ago.
>>
>>63877290
this
>>
>>63877290
Glib copypasta. Discarded.
>>
>>63877290
This T.B.F. (to be f-am)
>>
itt people who dont know shit about sw tbqh
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.