[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why was Slavoj Žižek in Episode VII?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: 1450579482938.png (520 KB, 1053x523) Image search: [Google]
1450579482938.png
520 KB, 1053x523
Why was Slavoj Žižek in Episode VII?
>>
Because the dark side is pure, absolute ideology and must be fought.
>>
>>63872390
I would watch that series. Zizek is everything cool about unapologetic old communists combined with /pol/-tier hatred of political correctness.
>>
>>63872390
keke
>>
>>63872390
Zizek is a fascist so it only makes sense.
>>
>>63872390
>Rebels
>anything but commies
>>
>>63872390
>staying alive, staying alive
>>
*picks nose* *tugs cape*
giv me lightsabre and so on
>>
>>63872523
>Zizek is everything cool about unapologetic old communists combined with /pol/-tier hatred of political correctness.
Not really, he's just a retarded town drunk with scribomania who's career has been pushed heavily by various secret services starting way back in ex-Yugoslavia.
>>
>>63872390
Because what must be must be and so forth
**tugs on shirt sticking to moobs**
>>
>>63872390
Because a galaxy far, far away is UC Berkley.
>>
File: 19232351.jpg (31 KB, 540x652) Image search: [Google]
19232351.jpg
31 KB, 540x652
>>63872390
Rey's training consists of many sniff sniffs and pure ideology
>>
AND SHO ON AND SHO FORSH
>>
>>63874123
I'm hardly a commie or a leftist, and I fucking hate this postmodern mumbo jumbo, but I've seen him twice speaking IRL and he's entertaining as fuck. He's also an extremely nice and unpretentious person.
>>
PURE IDEOLOGY
>>
Happy to know I'm not the only one who thought of him at the reveal
>>
>>63874274
>he's entertaining as fuck
Yeah, until you see 2-3 of his performances, then it's literally the same thing all over again, just in slightly different order. His books are the same, it's just copypasted shit, he's completely autistic, like that guy who tells you the same handful of stories every time he sees you.

He's also a cultist (Lacanian psychoanalysis is basically Scientology) who was involved in quite a lot of dubious shit to say the least.
>>
File: commies amirite.png (50 KB, 1058x1060) Image search: [Google]
commies amirite.png
50 KB, 1058x1060
>>63874238
schhhlep
>>
>>63874558
I remember reading about how he took therapy with his doctoral supervisor, who was none other than Jacques Alain Miller (Lacan's son in law and one of his most important commentators).
This apparently fucked with Zizek's head to such a degree that he became suicidal. He also accused Miller of being a hack.
>>
>>63874642
Yeah, he's totally against it, that's why he always talks about practicing it on himself and others, and letting others practice it on him, and that's why he wrote a dozen books on Lacan and keeps regurgitating his bullshit even though no one takes him even remotely seriously anymore.
>>
>>63874806
Just telling you what the man wrote.
>>
>>63872390
>Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not. For my ally is ideology, and a powerful ally it is. Logos creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Mediated beings are we, not this crude matter. You must feel ideology around you; here, between you, me, the newspaper, the internet, everywhere, yes. Even between the land and the ship.
>>
>>63874558
>I'm illiterate

stick with capeshit, leave the heavy lifting to the people who know how to breathe through their noses
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.