[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Took my wife's son to see The Force Awakens and he said
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3
File: 789789347497309893.jpg (42 KB, 493x768) Image search: [Google]
789789347497309893.jpg
42 KB, 493x768
Took my wife's son to see The Force Awakens and he said he couldn't understand why the bad guy always has to lose.

He says Kylo spent years training and he got beaten by someone who was simply genetically better than him.

I couldn't really disagree with him, he has a point - why do the bad guys always lose?
>>
Fuck off
>>
Wife's son meme is old my friend. Please go to [s4s] to stay on top of the latest memes.
>>
>>63872372
They don't always lose. Especially in Star Wars. The second movie the bad guys won, the entire shit prequal trilogy was won by bad guys.

Tell your wife's son that winning doesn't mean necessarily mean being able to beat someone up and you'll have taught him one lesson that'll bring him closer to being a real winner.
>>
>>63872372
>Kylo spent years training

When was this stated?

>>He is still to complete his training

Might have done hours for all we know.
>>
File: 1308513223750.jpg (100 KB, 830x541) Image search: [Google]
1308513223750.jpg
100 KB, 830x541
>"spent years training and he got beaten by someone who was simply better genetically than him"
>he said to his stepdad

I know this is bait but it gave me a chuckle
>>
Because he was pretty injured and fought both finn and rey.
Also, rey was angry because he killed han and (almost) finn.
>>
>>63872551
>When was this stated?
it was mentioned that Kylo was trained by Luke
>>
>>63872612
So... you think that Rey's fighting ability would be improved by going berserk?

You really don't understand anything.
>>
>>63872551
It's pretty much implied since he was the one who killed all of Luke's students and Snoke picked him up to train him.
>>
She's not genetically better she was mind wiped and left on Jakku by Luke, who was training her but realize she was falling to the dark side.
She wasn't a child, that's just what he put in her head so she's stay.
>>
>>63872673
What if Luke's students aren't dead, and are actually the Knights of Ren?
>>
>>63872643
maybe snoke is the one who killed everyone
>>
Kylo was injured first by Chewie's bowcaster that we saw constantly blow stormtroopers back 10ft. He was then hurt by lightsaber when Finn landed some lucky strikes. Rey was also a seasoned fighter who was able to fend off against 2 thugs no problem. Her fighting style does not change when The Force Awakens™ inside her. She is then able to "see things before they happen. That's why (s)he appears to have such quick reflexes." ©®™
Proof of this is that she still poked kylo with the lightsaber like she tried to do many times before.
>>
>>63872657
in star wars the good characters generally get stronger the angrier they are.
see obi wan in ep 1 and luke in ep 6
>>
>>63872372
>He says Kylo spent years training and he got beaten by someone who was simply genetically better than him.
Impossible. The only way she could have a higher midichlorian count than kylo ren would be if she was vaders daughter.
>>
>>63872799
Not stronger. Easier. More seductive. Desu
>>
>>63872553
poetry
>>
>>63872692
The mind wipe theory is ridiculous. She was like 4 years old when luke left her there. 4 years old initiate do not learn mind tricks and sword play.
>>
>>63872372
Because they deserve to. Your son sounds like he's probably going to start torturing small animals soon, if he hasn't already.
>>
>>63872882
Reread the last line of the post
>>
File: face punch.jpg (160 KB, 777x490) Image search: [Google]
face punch.jpg
160 KB, 777x490
>>63872372
He should of messed that posh bitch right up. Walking around that whole movie with her mid-shit face on. apart from the times she had that empty eyed giddy schoolgirl look going for her... Loved Kylo though, especially when he gave his old man a taste of the dark ale... Great scene, laughed my ass off in the movie theatre.
>>
This is the worst criticism this flick has, I think. He'd been shot with the bowcaster. He was patting his wound during the lightsaber fight so it was bugging him. Why don't you complain about actual problems, for example the entire film was just a rehash and the main character, Rey, was just completely unlikable.
If you've played KOTOR, she's like Bastila but worse.
>>
>>63872551
>When was this stated?

MEME IT BRO
E
M
E

I
T

MEME THAT DAISY IS CUTE, THEY'LL FORGET SHE'S A MARY SUE

MEME ABOUT PLOT HOLES, PEOPLE WILL GET INTO DETAILS FOR NOTHING

MEME ABOUT FINN BEING FUN, THEY'LL FORGET ABOUT THE INTERACIAL SUB TEXT

MEME IT BRO

JUST MEME IT

MAKE NOISE, A LOT OF NOISE, EVENTUALLY YOU'LL BE RIGHT
>>
>>63873071

Seriously, this movie has been so BTFO'd so hard already nobody can defend it except with the most trivial things or by comparing it to the prequels.
>>
>>63873159
I called it too that Mike would love it and Jay would passively agree with him. I don't know who he knows now but he clearly doesn't want to upset them.
>>
>>63873266
Well Max is basically holding the door for them. It's clear they wanna soft their shit before upgrading. Kinda like this place before it was sold.
>>
>>63873071
>THE INTERACIAL SUB TEXT

Whut?
Finn was crushing on Rey, she wasn't interested.
You are mentally ill.
>>
>>63873336
>she wasn't interested.

And that didn't remind you of how Leia would always reject Han? Do you even star wars?
>>
>>63873266

And now for the next week, we're never going to hear the end of "contrarians on suicide watch," until Star Wars fails to beat Avatar in its box office performance.
>>
>>63873330
Why do people always sell out when they get bigger? We need more Thrumps.
>>
>>63872372
>my wife's son
Bet you bought used tickets too
>>
Look up the philosophy of two, there are only ever two Sith (note Sith =/= Dark Jedi). The master and the apprentice, with only one apprentice it is easier to subjugate them and stop them from supplanting you. Even Vader only started answering directly to Sidious later in the OT. Kylo Ren is a buttfrustrated child whose training is only taking seriously once Snoke realises the Jedi are looking to become a threat once again.
>>
>>63875069
is the Rule of Two not prequel shit/non-canon?
>>
>>63873028
Yep that shit was hilarious
>>
>>63872372
Because people don't watch movies to see the bad guy win, simply really
>>
>>63876800
I don't mind movies where the good guys lose. Maybe that's because I'm not 12 anymore
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.