[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can Carol survive the hype?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: Carol-offical.jpg (69 KB, 729x266) Image search: [Google]
Carol-offical.jpg
69 KB, 729x266
The reviews at letterboxd are Boyhood-tier in overblown hype - do you think this will actually be good, or is it a bad case of try-hards trying hard?
>>
>>63871349
/tv/ cares only about the lesbian sex scene.
>>
tell me I finally get to see Blanchetts delicious feet
>>
File: Far_from_heaven.jpg (36 KB, 307x454) Image search: [Google]
Far_from_heaven.jpg
36 KB, 307x454
>>
is it true we don't get to see cate's tits?
>>
>>63871349
Blanchett was brilliant, but I didn't really buy into the emotion of the film. I just didn't really care about the characters enough.

There's a screener out by the way
>>
>>63871657

Aside from the hype, Roon's my only real interest here - any reason you could see why it's getting such hype, or was it Blanchett just being that good combined with the period it's set in?
>>
>>63871349
I've seen it. There's nothing wrong with it, but the story just isn't very interesting or dramatic or even very cinematic.

It comes off as a novel that didn't need to be adapted.
>>
File: 1433790276496.png (211 KB, 498x479) Image search: [Google]
1433790276496.png
211 KB, 498x479
>mfw Blanchett is getting old
>>
>>63871634
if so, DROPPED
>>
It's probably no better than Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens

Have you guys seen it already?
>>
>>63871349
I thought this was out worldwide already. came out in britbongland last month.

It's insanely overhyped. I couldn't believe some of the hyperbole it got from some british critics.

It's basically Far From Heaven from the gay person's perspective and instead of pastiche they just go straight for authenticity. Underwhelming.
>>
>>63872204
>came out in britbongland last month.
limited release?
>>
>>63872204

Yeah it doesn't look like it's coming to most major cities in America until Christmas Eve or Christmas Day. Any Rooney ass in this one?
>>
>>63872317
You see her butthole for literally 4 seconds.
>>
>>63872384
sold
>>
>>63872252
yeah pretty limited. It's still playing in some places.

It's also pretty shocking how bad Rooney is in it too. You never once believe she's in love or actually seduced by Carol. She always has the same look of a surprised lemur throughout the entire film.

>>63872317
There is a sex scene at the end but compared to something like Blue is the Warmest Colour it's basically de rigeur Hollywood softcore. You see butts and Rooney's boobs, some Cate sideboob, but that's it.

The closest comparison I can think of is Brokeback Mountain. Once you get the premise, it doesn't really do anything new with it.

Cinematography is fucking gorgeous though.
>>
>>63871349
Just watch the screener and find out
>>
>>63871349
no hype can survive on /tv/, anon, be real
>>
>>63872460
>comparing Todd Fields to faggoty Ang Lee
I'll presume you didn't get it.
>>
>>63872633
>Todd Fields
yikes.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.