[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, what was the point of Captain Phasma? We saw her do nothing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: captain phoopa.jpg (239 KB, 2048x1024) Image search: [Google]
captain phoopa.jpg
239 KB, 2048x1024
So, what was the point of Captain Phasma? We saw her do nothing but walk around and give orders and then get trash compacted. She didnt even give her life for the First Order, she just deactivated the shields for them. I'm not sad shes gone, but what even was the point of her character?

Also, whats Kylo's rank? He gave the orders to kill all those civ's on Jakku, but gets pushed over by Hux.
>>
She was probably the most overhyped character of the movie, but maybe she'll play a bigger role in ep VIII

I mean, it's not obvious that she was killed
>>
>>63867714
Kylo had something similar to Vader, like a sort of Religious Official that had command over lower echelons of the Imperial force. But technically while he didn't owe allegiance directly to anyone apart from Palpatine, he couldn't order around Generals and Admirals.
>>
>>63867714
Do we know for sure that she was trash compacted though?
>>
She'll be in big trouble for lowering the shields.
The next episode sees her fleeing the First Order which will start her on the road to redemption.
>>
>>63867803
>>63867826
Yeah, looking back on it we never saw her die, so she'll probably turn up in VII, but still

>>63867821
I see. He seemed a lot less feared then Vader, though I was getting a crybaby-Anakin vibe, but I guess thats the process of becoming a Sith and losing it to your emotions, and by IV Anakin/Vader was matured enough
>>
>>63867803
>>63867826
Gwendoline Christie is confirmed in the sequel.
>>
>>63867714
We didnt see much of her because their are still 2 more movies... she has only been introduced so far.

>>63867803
>>63867826
Yes she will return for the next movie/movies. This was confirmed.
>>
>>63867714
She was just a high ranking stormtrooper so Finn had someone to get revenge on. She's obviously a minor character in the film, it was only the marketing that built her up.

>>63867821
That's the impression I got. He has a special position and can order people around but Hux is the guy who actually controls the military.

>>63867892
I think everyone knows he's Snoke's favourite so no one can touch him, even if they hate him.
>>
>>63867714
It doesn't even matter if she survived. She was so shit in this movie that she's lost all credibility.
>>
she was originally a male character with no name attached to play the role but when they got the she bitch from got and advertised as girls stronk to sell her toys they had already finished filming her parts when they realised she was selling more toys than leads so they gave her an offscreen death and will probably give her a story arc in the next 2 movies
>>
File: phasma.jpg (82 KB, 868x888) Image search: [Google]
phasma.jpg
82 KB, 868x888
>>
She exists purely for marketing purposes, so they could also have a strong female antagonist.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.