[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What did /tv/ think of the new "Cantina" scene?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1
What did /tv/ think of the new "Cantina" scene?
>>
boring
>>
>>63867696
Just proved to me even further that J.J. has never had a single original idea in his life.
>>
>>63867696
a glib facsimile
>>
>>63867696
Where was the bathroom?
>>
It was great. The only people that hate it are redditors.
>>
>>63867764

Really?

I thought it was rather shallow and pedantic.
>>
>>63867696
I didn't understand why White Grace Jones decided to contact The New Order, was she financially motivated or was she a spy?
It's the same thing with the groups of raiders on Han's ship. Why would they care about the Empire and their plans? They are clearly not on the side of the law, so why give a shit.
>>
really nice callback and well done when viewed in a vacuum

In terms of its place in the film it was pointless. It was just a place where the person told them where to go to get the thing
>>
>>63867696
Like a chinese knockoff with slightly altered characters
>>
At least there were no wolfmen or satans
>>
>>63867696
I want to remove Orange Yoda/Whoopi Goldberg
>>
>>63867901

I think White Grace Jones was a spy. The raiders were financially motivated.
>>
>>63867696
a glib facsimile
>>
Dr Who esque garbage
>>
>>63867696
I want to fuck the spy girl dressed in black
>>
>>63867970

or flying jew moths
>>
>>63867972
A live action Goldberg probably would have been a better choice, to be quite frank with you family.
>>
>>63867696
It was iconic.

Oh wait, no. I mean it was completely forgettable.
>>
>>63867696
It was a brilliant environment, I loved the Resistance robot and First Order chick.

But the scene itself was pretty boring. Han and the new kids just sit around with an orange goblin who's only there to give them a lightsaber. The humour of the rest of the film isn't present and it's just a boring conversion explaining the plot, plus a cliched "emotional" exchange between Finn and Rey.

Luckily it ends with a sick-ass battle and that boring castle gets blown to pieces.
>>
>>63867696
good aesthetic design; dumb camera usage and dumb story moment and dumb grannie alien
>>
>>63867970
There was a wolfman wasn't there? You see him walking along when they first enter the place.
>>
>>63868165
Grannie Alien was chill as fuck, one of the few characters who wasn't in a hurry to deliver the next line.
>>
>>63867696
Dr Who extras: the scene
>>
>>63868165
>hating the little orange lady
she was cool though. called Finn out for being a little bitch
>>
>>63867696
I liked the music. Maz Kanata was a good character but she should have been a puppet or creature makeup. Zero reason for her to be cgi.
>>
>>63867696
Weren't enough Star Wars aliens. I didn't see a single Twi'lek in the whole movie.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.