[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So What's /tv/ Think of "F is for Family"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7
File: maxresdefault.jpg (131 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
131 KB, 1280x720
While I didn't do anything wrong persay, it didn't do anything with its premise that I hadn't seen done many times before (blue collar dad who yells a lot, hates his more successful neighbor, slacker son, stay at home wife who wants more etc) and it used characters swearing a lot as a way to cover its weak humor. Overall I'd give it three keks out of five.
>>
File: f-is-for-family.jpg (52 KB, 734x402) Image search: [Google]
f-is-for-family.jpg
52 KB, 734x402
how to spot a shill - they always use images that contain their product name, in this case 'Netflix'.

It doesnt matter if OP is pretending to be critical as the real point is to advertise their product and spark conversation hoping that some people will check it out.
>>
>>63863133
this desu
saw this same thread yesterday
>>
It feels like a meaner Bobs Burgers
>>
>>63863133
Dude, maxresdefault is the name of the thumbnail for any Youtube video. Google any show or movie and search images and you'll get a version of it.
>>
>>63863133
>>63863143
Fuck you I said it wasn't that good. I don't work for Netflix, it was just the first pic that came up in google image search to attach in the thread. I'm not going to hunt for one scrubbed of its channel for your sake.
>>
File: copy1.jpg (247 KB, 1440x505) Image search: [Google]
copy1.jpg
247 KB, 1440x505
>>63863226
>the first pic that came up in google image search
no, its not
>>
>>63863361
Yeah you got me, it's the second image. My god you're a sad little autist. Now do you have something on topic to talk about or not?
>>
>>63863226
>Fuck you I said it wasn't that good
>d-do I fit in now guys?

>>63863188
>>63863226
>>63863485
all this damage control xD
>>
>>63863485
>this level of damage control
I thought Netflix marketing could afford better
>>
>>63863533
If I was trying to fit in here I'd have asked you which episode of Everybody Loves Raymond is the comfiest.
>>
File: giphy[1].gif (429 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
giphy[1].gif
429 KB, 320x240
>>63863622
>>
>>63863546
lmao, check this out:
OP took this image here >>63863133

and created a new shill thread here >>63863535
(note that Bojack Horseman is also on netflix)
talk about damage control
>>
>>63863691
Opinion of Bojack is first season was better than the second. 1 had more of an arc while season 2 is moreso zany sitcom antics.
>>
File: shekels.jpg (340 KB, 1426x595) Image search: [Google]
shekels.jpg
340 KB, 1426x595
>>63863226
>I don't work for Netflix
>>
>>63864124
Wooow four. I sure am impressed. So are all the Star Wars threads right now made by one Disney employee then? Because fuck there's like 3 times that many Star Wars threads right now.
>>
File: wdS2qjw.png (672 KB, 710x988) Image search: [Google]
wdS2qjw.png
672 KB, 710x988
He needs to hire new animators
>>
>>63864224
And yet all those Star Wars threads don't have the same image with the same filename and the same "So..." introduction
>>
File: 1450604819551.png (256 KB, 494x359) Image search: [Google]
1450604819551.png
256 KB, 494x359
>>63864224
>>
>>63862998
trying to repeat All In The Family has been the shtick of the early Simpsons, Family Guy (literally) and Married With Children. But each one actually pulls its punches on things like equality for women or minorities that they directly addressed with All in the Family.

The big problem is that the state mandated Nuclear family of Reagan and Bush was long dissolved by the 90s. In the aughts we have tons of kids, now in their twenties or late High School who are by far mostly raised in single parent households with a mother supporting them badly through out their lives, many never knowing their fathers - this goes across the board, white, black, hispanic, asian americans all basically raised by extremely isolated single mothers (no fucking grandma or grandpa or ANYONE to help their welfare supported utter desperation) and they've always been DIRT poor.

This isn't like the 30-40 year old people today who had maybe a step dad or mom, a slightly stagnated extended family, no, ZERO support system. Absolutely nobody, not a fucking cousin or a great grandparent who gives two shits. They were on their own growing up, and have nothing to show for it. College is so fucking expensive and scholarships are rare as god damn gold compared to a few years ago. So not only do you have massive obligation to that one person who did their best to support you through life, you have no prospects and no future possible besides fast food/grocery store jobs or a life of crime in an era of massive surveillance and state of the art forensics. We are going to be living in the Clinton's dream of 99% incarcerated losers supporting the 1% working for free for the five or six corporations that control private prisons.

There is no solution, but these shows don't reflect even the smallest sliver of modern families, we are living in the age of media delusions trying to make their fantasies true.

The only fucking hope is to 'buy gold'. Fucking sad.
>>
Actually pretty comfortable, the animation, themes and human feel like classic KOTH, Simpsons 1-5 and nothing like Memes burgers
>>
>>63864850
>irrelevant rant about 'muh boomers'
Next time just say you're from reddit up front so I don't waste my time reading your blog and expecting it to relate to the thread topic in some meaningful way
>>
>>63865204
I think it's pasta
>>
>>63865283
According to 4plebs it isn't, though it might have been posted before
>>
>>63862998
Just keep the threads to once per day please, Mr. "I don't work for Netflix trust me XD".

I love Bill Burr and after 3 episodes I enjoy it less than I enjoy Bill Burr. It's not bad but I expected something greater.
>>
>>63862998

because we need another dysfunctional family cartoon

The saturation is killing me. Capeshit, star wars, terminator, seth mcfarlane, assorted man child shit like transformers etc... Make it stop please.
>>
>>63865503
I don't work for Netflix! If I did I'd be posting about this on sites with socially relevant members that would generate views like the TGWTG forums or Kiwi Farms
>>
>>63865610

tell your boss that nobody wants to see b-movies from the fucking 90s and I switched to amazon because they have original series worth watching.
>>
>>63862998
>used characters swearing a lot as a way to cover its weak humor

So you're 70 years old then, got it
>>
>>63865996
I'll bet you think AVGN is hilarious too because he says "poop" and the "f word" D:
>>
Netflix has been shilling this pretty hard lately
>>
>>63867142
and you'll keep eating it up because what other option do you have? going outside for sunshine & fresh air? getting up to put in a bluray? even shifting to your other ass cheek to reach for the remote is asking a lot when there's already Netflix on the TV, just keep watching. always keep watching.
>>
>billy old tits shilling on /tv/
probably not him but still
>>
>>63867345
>implying: the post
Not that anon but I browse this board routinely and yet have never used Netflix in my life. Fuck off with the marketing and stop trying to pretend your product is the norm
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.