[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how did they suddenly appear in the millennium falcon??
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6
how did they suddenly appear in the millennium falcon??
>>
why didnt chewbacca ever get a haircut???
>>
>>63859805
they went inside
>>
File: 1352350007396.jpg (35 KB, 273x217) Image search: [Google]
1352350007396.jpg
35 KB, 273x217
>>63861656
>>
>>63859805

I think everybody with any critical thought at all cringed when the Millennium Falcon appeared for no reason on not-tatooine.
>>
>>63861656
but how if it was in the first order's base?
>>
>>63861831
It wasnt.
>>
>>63861831
...They were piloting the freighter that it was captured by you stupid goddamn fuck.

HOLY SHIT EVERY FUCKING NEGATIVE CRITICISM OF THIS FILM IS DUE TO PEOPLE NOT WATCHING THE FILM
>>
>>63862024

Do people on /tv/ really throw tumblr-tier tantrums like this?
>>
>>63859805
they tractor beamed it into their freighter after they saw it flying around
>>
>>63859805

They've been actively searching for it ever since it got lost the first time.
>>
>>63861782
Yeah that was kind of stupid.

Hell it would have been better if it was han and chewie in the falcon sitting in for repairs when they charged in and they pull a "shit the last time this happend" bit of banter... I think that would have been better than

"CHEWIE WERE BACK" tagline dialog.
>>
>>63862075
im kind of high, i meant to say when Fin-du and Marysu were running from the Order
>>
>>63862041

>Han goes back to being a smuggler after events of ep 6

Tell me how much sense this makes to you.

>Han and Leia raise son
>Send son off to be trained by Luke
>Son falls to the dark side

Welp, I'd better go back to being a smuggler and wait 20+ fucking years before getting convinced by two random strangers to track down my own son who's fallen to the dark side.
>>
>>63862150

They separated, Leia has responsibilities, but Han fell back on his old bad habits without her.
>>
>>63862150
people do weird stuff when they lose their child
>>
>>63862177
This
Han couldn't handle it, so he basically relapsed and left Leia. It's better than a happily ever after sort of thing, I'd think.
>>
>>63861782
that scene was great, fuck off.
>>
>>63862239

He didn't lose his child.

I think people know that this movie was mediocre at best. The nostalgia is causing people to go into denial.
>>
File: 1438335948889.jpg (182 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
1438335948889.jpg
182 KB, 1024x1024
I'm more of wondering how Han fucking instantly found/captured it basically 5 minutes after it got up into space.

Was he just around the area by ridiculous coincidence, as opposed to anywhere else in the fucking galaxy? Or were there trackers on it that would let him instantly see where the Falcon was from anywhere as soon as it was fired up?

I knew he said he had been trying to track it down for years, but him happening to be right where they were in a timely fashion was rather ehh. Honestly to me it happening to be there on Jakku belonging to the portions guy either is coincidence too retarded to swallow or it plays into that Rey absolutely had something to do with the OT mains if a ship with that much meaning was sitting around basically right under her nose this whole time for years, and she had no idea.
>>
>>63862050
Yeah? I mean, what?

Go to any anonymous commentary section (in any form) on the internet.

Bitching makes the world go round.
>>
>>63862302
What happened was worse than losing his child.

His child disowned his family, went around murdering people, and joined the space-Nazis.

I'd rather my son died if I had that choice.
>>
>>63862334
They had it powered up and were flying it on the planet too.

Basically, the entire time they were trying to avoid TIE Fighters, they had activated all of the systems in the Falcon, and that's what Han and Chewie were tracking.
>>
>>63861782

I think everybody with any critical though at all realized that a lot can happen in 30 years so expecting everything to be left as it was following the original trilogy is unrealistic.
>>
>>63859805
He mentioned there's a tracking device on it and the first order can follow it too.
>>
>>63862050
oh no, we would never act in such an uncivilized manner because "we" are /tv/ and we are all the same and think alike and act alike and do everything alike. "we" certainly do not want to be associated with tumblr, so by comparing "us" to them and then saying "tantrums" as if "we" are acting like children makes "us" want to defend ourselves and be ashamed of ourselves. :(
>>
>You two stay here. I'm going to go open the door for these dangerous mercenaries. The droid, who has the map to Luke Skywalker that the first order is after, should come open the door with me.
>>
>>63862150
I wonder if Han also felt like he should have done more to prevent his son from joining the dark side, or if his scoundrel ways some how passed to his son.
>>
>>63862559
What I wonder though is how they could detect the Falcon from presumably many light years away instantly. If it takes going into hyperspace for anything to move around faster than light to begin with and presumably the tracker can't just send data through hyperspace without itself having a hyperdrive, well, you get the point, how in the fuck can that even work?

Whatever, I guess that tracking technology existed in the OT too and I had never pondered how unbelievably unrealistic it really is until now.
>>
>Not once in 30 years did Han use Chewie's bowcaster
>>
File: image.jpg (99 KB, 500x684) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
99 KB, 500x684
Luke, did I ever tell you about Maz Kanata? When Darth Sidious issued order 66 to kill all the Jedi, she was fortunately left alive, despite having a very deep knowledge of the force. Even a smuggler like Han Solo knows that. She's also much older than Yoda, and probably even knew Darth Sidious because she's so old and knows the Force. She's also modeled after the crazy lady from the movie Poltergeist. You should go visit her sometimes... Or not. She was a good friend.
>>
>>63862820
Bow caster also didn't have a massive kickback recoil only chewie could handle when it would blow the fuck out of stork troopers. That's what's really bothering me about the movie it's so pathetic that it is tho.
>>
>>63862800
Star Wars handwaves this by having "subspace communications" which are basically instantaneous or something.

Science Fiction bro.
>>
>>63862302
In a way, he could very well consider his son was dead. I've definitely read stories where parents disowned their children completely.
>You're dead to me

Although in Han's case, it's probably more that he just didn't want to think about it and fucked off back to being a smuggler.
>>
>turns out they weren't actually home
>>
File: chewbacca_400x400.jpg (29 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
chewbacca_400x400.jpg
29 KB, 400x400
You don't believe in the force, bro?

Dude, this one time on my home planet, this little green dude with a laser sword and telekinetic powers fucking helped us, it was tits man.
>>
>>63862851
She just knew about the Force... but plenty of people still did.

Ackbar even referenced it.

Maybe had a bit of talent in it, but wasn't a Jedi... and we already know that order 66 didn't have a 100% clearance rate even on Jedi that were out in combat when it went through.

So an old lady without ties to the Jedi living in the middle of nowhere was probably lower on the Emperor's shit-list.
>>
>>63862851
LUKE DID I EVER TELL YOU ABOUT A PODRACER NAMED MAZ KANATA? SHE NEVER ACTUALLY RACED A POD, BUT SHE ALWAYS WORE RACING GOGGLES.
>>
File: image.jpg (75 KB, 763x625) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
75 KB, 763x625
Luke, did I ever tell you the trick to Jedi mind control? All you have to do is keep repeating it like a magic spell, and you close your eyes and hope you can do it. There's no reason for you to go spend 3 years on Dagobah wiyh Yoda. It's cool how you proved to the audience at the beginning of ROTJ how powerful your Force use had become, but it was all for nothing.
>>
>>63862994
Maybe Sheev let her little psuedo-medieval-castle bar/cafe lounge place stick around because he relied on the place to score some prime dank shit from to smoke.

Really though Maz and that place had a sort of old hippie feel to it, especially since it looks like she wears a beanie and the cokebottle lenses are slightly like round 60s glasses.
>>
So when are we gonna get edited gifs from the very start of the film where Rey is shaking the last drops of water into her mouth?
>>
>>63863069
>All you have to do is keep repeating it like a magic spell

it didnt actually have any effect until the eye contact was made which private dickweed let happen when he tried to exchange banter with her
>>
>>63862050
After seeing the stupidity on 4chan over the years, maybe Tumblr are the ones in the right and we're the ones in the wrong.
>>
>>63863432

>we're the ones in the wrong

Maybe you should go back to tumblr then.
>>
>>63863463
I've never been to the Tumblr website, but it does seem like 4chan's ignorance and desperation have skyrocketed in the last 3 years.
>>
>>63863198
Its fucking water, not honey. The directing was seriously fucking half-assed. The actors all look confused on screen the entire fucking movie
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.