[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why didn't Scully believe in aliens despite having seen
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7
File: Scully.png (1018 KB, 981x804) Image search: [Google]
Scully.png
1018 KB, 981x804
Why didn't Scully believe in aliens despite having seen probably a gajillion aliens during the course of the show? Was she retarded?
>>
she was being obtuse.
>>
>>63852340
She was too busy wanting my hot beef injection and I gave it to her ;)
>>
>>63852340
she wanted the mulder hatefuck that never came
>>
How come Hamada is a sadist in every episode despite being a kind, non-obstructive guy?
>>
because this isn't star wars
>>
>>63852340
She does. By the time Mulder disappears she is the believer.
>>
she likes anal
>>
She never actually sees aliens until late in the series. Only the audience, the victims, and occasionally Mulder actually see the aliens.
>>
>>63852340
this meme is awful
she didnt believe becasue she was the sceptic of the show and the voice of normality, science and logic.

she does believe after she sees some hard evidence i.e she has a fucking alien chip in her body.
>>
>>63852763
i wish every girl liked anal.
>>
>>63852763
no girls like anal
>>
File: guy.png (949 KB, 977x735) Image search: [Google]
guy.png
949 KB, 977x735
>>63852868
Stop spreading lies.
>>
>>63852868
gillian anderson likes anal
>>
Yes. She was supposed to represent Republicans and the show is about Al Gore and his fight against global warming. Only idiots back Skully
>>
>>63852340
Being any kind of Christian by definition means believing whatever you like regardless of the information presented, it's literally the anti-scientific theory

>hurr durr god are just testing muh faith herp derp derp

That's the irony of her being an expert on "hard science"
>>
scully was/is a qt
>>
>>63852868
Only frigid girls don't enjoy anal, famille.
>>
scully will never keep you in chastity
>>
>>63852450
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRicf3NvhAs
>>
>>63853245
theres this massive subculture of people that obsess over scully and mulders love
>>
File: mommy.jpg (414 KB, 1280x2035) Image search: [Google]
mommy.jpg
414 KB, 1280x2035
Yes.
>>
>>63852340
Early on some of the aliens she sees are off in the distance or explained as something else, it isn't enough to overcome her skepticism. Even her abduction and implant get explained as government testing.
Later after she's definitely seen aliens, she still doesn't believe. This only lasts for a couple episodes, it's nuts and doesn't work any more and even the writers can see that. So they change the set up - Mulder introduces the case and speculates it's some paranormal stuff like the alien impregnation, the Fiji Mermaid or foxfire, and then it turns out to be some completely different paranormal stuff like a shapeshifter, maneating siamese twin or slow-aging cannibals. Scully gets to be justifiably skeptical of what Mulder's saying and the show still gets to be paranormal.
By the second to last season, with Mulder off the show and Reyes and Dogget taking over, she's now fullblown I-seen-some-shit and can only shake her head at T-1000's naive skepticism.
>>
>>63852782
She literally holds an alien fetus in her hands during the first season.
>>
File: 1446594384262.jpg (58 KB, 754x734) Image search: [Google]
1446594384262.jpg
58 KB, 754x734
>>63852340
Her job was to debunk the X-Files.

She was a flipside to Mulder. Mudler believed that seeing was believing. He could believe without any proof. Fox believed because he wanted to believe. Dana didn't function that way at all. She needed cold hard evidence. It wasn't enough to just see aliens.
>>
>>63852976
>Being any kind of Christian by definition means believing whatever you like regardless of the information presented, it's literally the anti-scientific theory

lmao
>>
>>63853876

thick
>>
>>63852340
>Was she retarded?

No, just female
>>
>>63852340
for at least the first two seasons, every close encounter was of the "it may have been real or it may not have been" variety. either that or scully would come running up just after the paranormal event ended or the monster had run off. the alien fetus was the only thing she really got a good look at and even that was the sort of thing that you find yourself making up explanations for after you've seen it. she also got good looks at things like toombs and the sewage leech monster that werent aliens.

tl;dr her skepticism was handled well, at least for the first couple of seasons. agent moulder and we the viewers got much clearer looks at the UFO shit than she did
>>
>>63852763
Good.
>>
Why does this thread keep getting made almost five times a week?
>>
>>63855516
>complaining about this
>every other thread is non-sheev star wars shitposting
>>
>Less than one month for the new season
>Literally 0 hype

FUCK STAR WARS
>>
>>63855516

I just want to know why Scully was so retarded and obsessed with science.
>>
weren't they releasing blurays of all the old seasons? when was that supposed to come out.
>>
>>63856388
dunno but I'd be into that
>>
>>63856388
Dunno but x264 rips of the blurays pred a while back
>>
File: hosei.jpg (8 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
hosei.jpg
8 KB, 250x250
>>63852689
Part an act, and part his actual character
>>
>>63856388
All the remastered episodes are on Netflix.
>>
File: 1447534025322.jpg (137 KB, 1500x1127) Image search: [Google]
1447534025322.jpg
137 KB, 1500x1127
>it's a david duchovny was too hungover to act so the writers were too lazy to write episode
>>
File: deadyhwy.gif (899 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
deadyhwy.gif
899 KB, 500x500
>>63852340

I want to watch this series but i hear the last few seasons are skippable; where should i stop to get the most of of this show?
>>
>>63858030
Once mulder leaves you're good to drop
>>
>>63858030
You could watch until season 8. That's about as far as I go when I've rewatched it.
I guess you could stop earlier. Some of the episodes are more light hearted and funny after the early seasons, but I'm ok with that.
The best part of the series really were the creature of the week episodes.
>>
Wife and I are trying to watch the entire series and both movies before the mini-series starts. We're going into season 7 and honestly I'm bored with it. I think the biggest problem is that there are just too many episodes with pointless crap after awhile. And really, why the fuck is Scully still so skeptical of the paranormal after all of the things she's seen and experienced?

Bitch has seen everything from live Aliens to to Golems...after awhile you would think that she would just begin accepting strange things for what they appear to be
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.