[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Star Wars 7 is making me sad as you read this post
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (55 KB, 480x320) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55 KB, 480x320
I'm sitting in on this gay shitster piece. At least I'm not as disappointed as I was with terminator genisys, but I'm nowhere near as excited as I was watching episode 2 and 3 as a 12 year old. Call the prequels shitty if you will but they were not a cash grab. They were a silly autists attempt at bringing taut political thrills to a truly epic space saga and it didnt mesh too well as RLM is quick to point out.

My big problem with this movie is that its too fast paced where I don't have enough time to give a fuck about anything and it feels like they copied A New Hope and rearranged its component parts.

I just noticed midwriting that they seem to be ripping off prequel Anikans premonitions of his wife's death. With the girl.

Also this movie is way more racist than 4chan. The black guy is portrayed as being completely incompetent. Kylo Ren (vader 2.0) goes epicly crazy which is hilarious if your 8 or my dad.

Is this movies Tarkin 2.0 a gay guy because he seems gay and I can't imagine any reason other than diversity for his cast. Pretty lame, and I'm saying this as a gayman myself. Pretty depressing really.

Pic unrelated, but I'm on the phone. Sorry but not a lot of options.
>>
>>63851163
>but I'm nowhere near as excited as I was watching episode 2 and 3 as a 12 year old.
You felt that way because you were a child, it has nothing to do with the film itself
>>
>>63851163
>I'm saying this as a gayman myself

shut up fag
>>
>>63851220
Still enjoy them though. You can make the valid point that I probably wouldn't have felt as excited for 1, 2, and 3 being released today, but if I saw Star Wars 7 as a child I contend I would feel almost exactly as I do now. The pacing is just obnoxiously fast.
>>
>>63851220
Not OP.

I saw III when I was 15. I liked it more than most movies that had come out up until that point.

I like to think I was past "nostalgia" age.
>>
>>63851220
Still enjoy them though. You can make the valid point that I probably wouldn't have felt as excited for 1, 2, and 3 being released today, but if I saw Star Wars 7 as a child I contend I would feel almost exactly as I do now. The pacing is just obnoxiously fast.
>>
You sound like a 15 year old
>>
>>63851380
iPhones are shit. Sorry for the double post.
>>
>>63851220

> it has nothing to do with the film itself

this is literally all of the star wars movies

I loved star wars through elementary school, and even in middle school because I didn't fit in and needed an escape, but I just finished watching A New Hope as an adult and it might be one of the worst movies I've ever seen since growing up. The characters feel like they were pumped out of a Star Trek TOS episode and mingled with the juices of a Kurosawa movie cast, and the music, while iconic, (and this is probably because I've heard it so many times) sounds like it was from a Disney movie. SW IV really feels like a Disney sci fi movie grab from today, except nauseating because of all the 70s haircuts and new age spirituality.

I'm rewatching V and VI tomorrow and I'm really hoping those have aged on me a bit better. Watching IV, I honestly had the impulse to watch the prequels again, because they hardly felt out of place with the poor acting, mindless action, etc. of the first.

R2D2/3P0 and the various monster costumes were the only positive aspect of the movie.
>>
>>63851415
Nah. 20. Same difference i suppose.
>>
>>63851163
I wouldn't mind the lame rehashy nature of this film if it were a video game. As a man who just recently got a job with which to purchase games or upgrade my shit computer to a gaymen machine, what should I look into.

Only Star Wars games i ever played are episode 1 racer, Star Wars bounty hunter, and shadows of the republic. All of them fine games IMO, except that bounty hunters fighting mechanics were pretty shit but the worlds they built were detailed and beautiful testaments to this acidic universe.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.