[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>TFA is a good film, just not a good star wars movie can
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: anakin meets grievous.jpg (82 KB, 959x486) Image search: [Google]
anakin meets grievous.jpg
82 KB, 959x486
>TFA is a good film, just not a good star wars movie

can we all agree on this at least?
>>
No. TFA is a good video game that plays itself.
>>
Fuck off, /v/
>>
It isn't a good film at all
Go back to /b/
>>
>>63837796
>TFA is a good film, just not a good star wars movie

Word
>>
>>63837796
NO, fuck you

>Star Wars is a good film and a good Star wars movie
>>
It's a flick at best, kid.
>>
they said the same about nu trek

they both suck
>>
TFA is unironically better than every Star Wars movie and you all know deep down I'm right.
>>
File: TheGifThatMoves.gif (17 KB, 383x317) Image search: [Google]
TheGifThatMoves.gif
17 KB, 383x317
>>63837796
>Contrarians getting this desperate
>>
File: XYztoJOz7f1x.jpg (150 KB, 612x459) Image search: [Google]
XYztoJOz7f1x.jpg
150 KB, 612x459
>>63837796
>Kylo Ren, my grandson, you're shorter than I expected.
>>
>>63837796
But it is a star wars movie. A reboot.
>>
>>63837796
>TFA is a good star wars movie, just not a good film
ftfy
>>
>it's good, just not a good Star Wars movie
>it's just a rehash of Episode IV

have some consistency in the shitposting, please
>>
Star Wars: The Force Awakens is essentially an imposter: it is a reboot, not a continuation. There is no way that the events of Return of the Jedi are continued here--the plot just doesn't make sense or connect the dots between the movies. It is not Star Wars 7 (as it said on my ticket). I felt like I was watching a Star Wars movie for the couple minutes when it opened with the title crawl and John William's score. That was it. I wouldn't say it was the worst Star Wars film--just that it isn't really a Star Wars film at all but a J.J. Abrams blockbuster.
>>
>>63837796
TFA felt far more like Star Wars than any of the prequels, if you don't agree with this then you're probably a millenial who was introduced to Star Wars through the prequels
>>
It's by far better than the prequels and arguably better than one of the originals (take your pick at which one).

It is a good Star wars movie by all accounts
>>
>>63838229
It feels more Star Wars because it's just a rehash of IV.
>>
>>63838229
The only people praising TFA are the ones that grew up with the prequels and have capeshit sensibilities you mid 90s babby lmao

It was a great attempt at pretending otherwise I'll give you that, /co/
>>
>>63838299
Abrams wasn't the first to introduce poetry into the writing, he just did it well
>>
>>63837796

actually it was the opposite

a good star wars movie (because basically it was just episode 4)

however it was not a good film because of pacing and plot holes
>>
>>63838334
The action sequences in the prequels resembles capeshit far more than anything in TFA, try again
>>
>implying every Star Wars installment hasn't been a sub-par film
>>
>>63837796
TFA is more a Star Wars movie than the prequels could ever hope to be.
>>
Loder's review is in:

https://reason.com/archives/2015/12/18/movie-reviewstar-wars-the-force-awakens
>>
>>63838229
Not really. If you take away all of the blatant nostalgiab8, that primarily being Han Solo, what is left of Star Wars? The stormtroopers and, uh... the basic plot of the first movie of the original trilogy? The Force Awakens feels more like a shitty Star Wars rip off than it does an actual Star Wars movie.
>>
>>63837796

Too many blanks and nonsensical plotpoints to be a good film. It's only mediocre.
>>
>>63838647
but return of the jedi was the basic plot of the first movie of the original trilogy. Is this a rehash of a movie that's already been rehashed?
>>
>>63837796
it's not a good film.

it starts out being about finding Luke, then just totally gets distracted by the plot of ANH until the end. then Luke is found because R2's DLC bonus content is unlocked.

it has some nice moments but they don't add up to anything.
>>
>>63838082
>Adam Driver: 6' 3"
>David Prowse: 6' 6"
>Mark Hamill: 5' 7"
>Carrie Fisher: 5' 1"
>Harrison Ford: 6' 1"
???
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.