[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Honestly what was his problem? Why was he such a tortured soul?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
Honestly what was his problem? Why was he such a tortured soul? He didn't get laid the whole movie spanning so many years maybe his cock was small?

In all seriousness though what was the meaning of his character if there was supposed to be one?
>>
He wants to get away from everyone.
He hates most people.
He looks at people and sees nothing worth liking.
>>
>>63833203
But why exactly ?
>>
>>63833437
He wants no one else to succeed.

Seriously though, he seems to identify it as something inherent to himself, something he was born with. "If it's in me, it's in you," he ays to his perceived "brother".

He seems to consider being a misanthrope as his own defining character trait.
>>
he was straight $cammin the whole movie
>>
>>63833170
He just wanted to be better than everyone else, and thus never really connected with anyone.

In the end, he became the best, sort of, but it shows the cost of it
>>
>>63833170
because 9deep5u so gritty wow
>>
>>63833512
Yeah but he hurts himself with it. Like at the end where he's cussing out his adopted son. He loved his son but he still spew hate at him for no real reason. Whys he so self destructive like that? I don't even think being alone makes him happy
>>
>>63833753
>for no real reason.

He was going to make his own company and become competition.
>>
>>63833875
His son said it wasn't like that tho and he wouldn't even hear him out. Could have been another market. World less globalised then Mexico far from where they were
>>
>>63833753
lol why isn't everyone perfect
>>
>>63833170

A lot of things are hinted to but nothing is confirmed.

He has this thing for keeps and being sure kids are treated well and particularly are not hit. It was one of the few good moral stances he continues to make among so many compromises. This probably tells me he was heavily abused as a child.

Also how he latches on to HW and later his "brother" suggest a need for family. He was very lonely and probably didn't have a good family life when young and the fact he never mentions his father or mother is interesting.

This bad start made him distrustful of people and seeing the worst in them (except when they are kids).

So he wants nothing to do with them and cares only about his success cause that lets him get away from them and proves (to him) that he is better than them.
>>
>>63833997
Well memed friend well memed ;-)
>>
>>63833170
give me the blood, Eli
>>
>>63834009
Why didn't he at least get laid though? Prob small dick right? I really think having a micro cock was his main problem
>>
>>63833170

His ambition destroys his soul.
>>
>>63834125
It was common back then for men to go years at a time without even seeing women as they pursued their ambitions in inhospitable locations. Take into account that masturbation wasn't nearly as ubiquitous back then and it wasn't unusual for some men to become largely asexual and remain that way even after coming back from the boonies and rejoining society. There is a protagonist in the Lonesome Dove series who is like this. He gets laid and has a son, but he spent so much of his life apart from women and children that he is never able to connect with his kid or the mother and never really pursues women or sex after she dies young
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.