[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Saw this last night, had some thoughts on it. Spoilers, obviously.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: Kyloren.png (592 KB, 720x855) Image search: [Google]
Kyloren.png
592 KB, 720x855
Saw this last night, had some thoughts on it.

Spoilers, obviously.

Things I liked:
>Great looking and great sounding film, brought the retro-sci-fi vibe of Star Wars on a modern level in a way that was very similar to JJ Abram's first Trek movie
>Kylo Ren is a great villain, maybe the greatest Star Wars villain ever in terms of actual characterization
>Every new main character was at least semi-interesting, and the movie made me want to know more about them
>Han Solo death scene didn't feel forced and felt like it gave the characters connected to him some development
>Classic characters were fun, but never over-used to the point where the new characters are forced into the background

Things I didn't like:
>Pretty generic score, I'll have to listen to it on its own, but nothing really stood out for me
>The whole 'Mary Sue' thing with Rey didn't bug me as much as it did some, but it did get kind of annoying after a bit
>Some characters like Snoke and Phasma were hyped in marketing but were underdeveloped
>They go full-Episode 4 near the end and it came close to ruining the movie for me, thankfully the ending sequence wasn't too similar to the trench run of A New Hope
>That flashback/vision scene was baffling and may be the worst scene I've seen in a while because I had no idea what the fuck was going on and it was literally never explained
>>
This isn't your blog, /r/movies
>>
>>That flashback/vision scene was baffling and may be the worst scene I've seen in a while because I had no idea what the fuck was going on and it was literally never explained

this was actually very obvious for those of us who aren't pea-brained
>>
>>63831260
Unless you had a vision yourself during the screening, I'd love to hear what you made of it.
>>
>greatest SW villain

yeah, fuck you.
>>
>>63831302
Maybe not in terms of being powerful or looking cool, but certainly in terms of actually being a a character with motivations and personality. I love Sheev too but he did very little except 'be smart and act evil'.
>>
>>63831154
Why did Leia hug a literally who that just got rescued and she never met before as soon as they landed instead of fucking Chewbacca and then sent her to find Luke?
There had to be more dialogue there.
>>
File: Constable-Zuvio_Big_2[1].jpg (49 KB, 403x545) Image search: [Google]
Constable-Zuvio_Big_2[1].jpg
49 KB, 403x545
Did this guy even appear in the movie?
>>
>>63831531
Yeah, for a bit.
>>
>>63831154
>Spoilers, obviously.

then you use the spoilers, retard.
>>
>>63831661
Why would you read past that spoiler warning if you didn't want to be spoiled?
>>
>>63831154
Hello Reddit!
>>
>>63831531

They need a character as cool as this guy
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.