[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Force Awakens rage general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 38
Post all your suitably spoiler tagged bullshit about the new movie and how badly it shat on the established lore. Don't let the apologists sway you with their stupid fucking theories or reasoning.

Let's get the ball rolling:

>Rey somehow knew what the fuck a Jedi Mind Trick was when 10 minutes prior, she thought the Jedi were a myth and had no idea on what their powers actually were. She was then able to use it to perfection without ever even being taught how to do it
>Rey somehow managed to defeat a seasoned Dark Jedi Knight/Sith Apprentice when she literally picks up a saber for the first time in her life. The same Dark Jedi/Sith who killed off the entire new Jedi Order
>Han died like a little bitch, despite the entire movie showing he went back to his old ways and was a weary smuggler once again. Son or no son, there's no way in hell he'd die the way he died. Was literally written by a hack
>"We're going to destroy the Republic and it's fleets!". They then proceed to destroy a few planets we have no idea what they are or where the Republic fleets even are, and are meant to be believe that these planets being destroyed would somehow also destroy massive separate fleets of MC cruisers, re-purposed Star Destroyers, and retrofitted CIS warships which were apparently ALL in drydock/low orbit when this happened in these handful of planets

And for the shit that doesn't need to be spoiler tagged:

>The New Order insignia literally makes no sense at all. The Republic symbol was a 9-spoke roundel to signify the force. The Imperial symbol was a bastardization of this, much like an inverted cross. The New Order symbol is just a whole bunch of lines in a circle that make no sense as to what it's supposed to represent
>A junker girl on an isolated planet with no formal education knows how to fix a Corellian YT-1300 even better than the owner himself

What triggered you?
>>
>>63831144
i might be an autistic faggot but i wouldve loved for something like

>Kylo is talking to Han
>He sees Mace Dindu, Manish Luke, and Chewie have him dead to rights
>Instead of crying and saying faggot shit he goes "A wise man once told me, when things look bad you should always shoot first" and then kills han and force pushed his corpse out of the way
>>
File: Based Obiwan.jpg (21 KB, 250x361) Image search: [Google]
Based Obiwan.jpg
21 KB, 250x361
>>63831314
More like

>Han feels Ren moving the saber towards him
>Pulls out his blaster to finish his son, knowing there's no redeeming him
>Ren uses force to grab the blaster bolt mid air like he did at the start of the movie
>Han stairs in disbelief as he thrusts the bolt back straight through Han

Han never believed too strongly in the force and what it could do. He realized it was a thing, but even until the end ROTJ, he still acted like his blaster was more proficient. Would have been ultimate pottery.

Also

>"Take this"
>"I don't need it, I can handle myself"
>"I know, that's why I'm giving it to you!" and not "Trust me, you're gonna need it"

They fucked up so much and butchered so many quirks these characters had. I swear this movie is only being rated highly by non-fans and new fags.

Fuck what they've done to this franchise.
>>
File: 1450207773822.jpg (187 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
1450207773822.jpg
187 KB, 900x1200
JACEN IS HAN'S SON REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
>>
It's amazing how many people in here are so sold on this feminist-pandering new heroine trend. The problem with it is obvious: they are recasting male-type heroes with female actors, and creating unbelievable figures that are obviously there for the sake of upholding the political status quo.

That's not to say you can't have female heroes, but a female hero wouldn't be some rambo with a gun or lightsabre. I'm sorry, but women just aren't like that, in any society or any period in history.

A more believable female hero would be a guru figure, like an Obi Wan. I do think there are women who display heroism in the form of spiritual advice and counsel. Or maybe somebody working inside the Empire (I forget what the new Empire is called sue me) who is secretly with the rebellion, and tricks Kylo into not killing Finn or something.

These are reasonable types of heroines that a writer purely pursuing literary merit and with not a shred of political motive could write. But the prominence of these "female fighter" characters in recent films is clear political pandering and Rey is part of this fad. I'm not saying that no women are ever like that, the occasional Joan of Arc or Rhonda Rousey does exist, but it's not in proportion into how these characters are in EVERY FUCKING CULTURALLY SIGNIFICANT MOVIE THESE DAYS.

It also subtly disparages femininity by arguing that "strength" for a woman means living up to the male ideal, instead of cultivating a uniquely female ideal. In fact, there is no shortage of feminist critics echoing these exact same points; I recall a Jezebel (yes yes I know) author writing recently that these 'strong female figures' are a product of male ideals, and how the writers are just trying desperately to shut feminists up by writing them. The author went on to say how these characters usually lack any depth and are usually defined by their ability to fight as their sole personality trait... She's not wrong, and Rey is definitely part of the tradition.
>>
>>63831144
This guy's in lava had his arms and lets fucked up and he's still functioning, kinda, but he's still functioning. and that's after he and obi wan fought for the better part of a half hour over several miles, jumping and skipping and trying to avoid the other's saber.

and that's the capabilities of active force users. Which Kylo was.

Rey wasn't and had never used the force for anything at all, at least according to the film suddenly she's out force using Kylo telepathically and with a saber some time later?
>>
>>63833137
>MUH EU

hahaha faggot. Vong sucks, Admiral "I defeat enemies by looking at paintings" thrawn sucks, Jacen sucks, Mara Jade sucks, Luuke Skywalker sucks

eat shit
>>
Independence Day had a better death for the father.
>>
>>63833221
Honestly Leia in the OT was the perfect heroine
>>
>>63834311
Luuke was great though, Luuuke is where they jumped the shark
>>
>>63834311

>Jacen sucks
>but the even more emo faggot Jacen is great because I can relate to him

kill yourself
>>
Only thing that annoyed me is that the data was on R2D2 the whole time and noone had bothered to check.
>>
I thought the movie was ok. However, the fact that they cast 2 of the most badass actors in The Raid yet they let them die like a bitch somewhat irked me. I never seen them fight. It was a wasted opportunity.
>>
>>63831144
trying this hard.
>>
File: LmSId.jpg (106 KB, 1680x623) Image search: [Google]
LmSId.jpg
106 KB, 1680x623
>>63831609
>Pulls out his blaster to finish his son, knowing there's no redeeming him

fucking this on so many levels. Han became a total bitch in his old age.
>>
>>63834997
R2 spends 30 years in a sadcoma
>>
>>63835160
Just bypass him out of that, he's a droid.
>>
>>63835160
hes a god damn droid, a piece of machinery, find the original manufacturers and override his fail safes. not that fucking hard.
>>
>>63831144
Nice dubs

Starkiller Base killed the film for me. I could have overlooked more of the flaws if not for the hollow reiteration of the legendary ANH Death Star sequence.
>>
I didnt really dislike it but i didnt really like it. I was indifferent about it. Too much of it just felt like 4 but remade for this generation of tumblrs.

Any time something happened i just thought about how I already saw this. I went in completely blind, not even seeing the trailers, hoping to see something new to the story.

Instead what I got what Star Wars: Episode IV: A New Hope: SJW edition. So many questions were raised than answered.
What happened before all this? How did keylime become seduced to the darkside?
When did this neew order have time to become a threat? After the death star blowing up again and losing the only 2 in charge, how did the rebellion not manage to keep a leash on things? Especially Leia. She could have easily prevented any new threat from becoming powerful.

IDK, part of me just wishes it didnt happen and just ended after the prequels.
>>
>>63831144
>Somehow this guy knew how to masturbate without being taught at all! Impossible!
>Having a bullet wound in you and another wound from Bongo makes you worse at fighting somehow
>He tried to show his son compassion for Leia but his son betrayed him while he thought he had changed him, and thats no way someone would die? What?
>Why do you think every single Republic ship would be out on patrol? Most of them were probably docked, and even then, what the fuck are the fleet supposed to do when all their population is dead?
OP is a butthurt tard /thread
>>
> Lol I don't want to kill anyone guess I'm just a regular guy now despite being raised to do nothing but kill
> lol sanitation despite the fact I am clearly a soldier and there are other non-trooper staff for non-military jobs
>>
>>63833137
THIS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>63831144
The New Order symbol represents them hanging out on the Rim planets noob
>>
>>63835386
>When did this neew order have time to become a threat? After the death star blowing up again and losing the only 2 in charge, how did the rebellion not manage to keep a leash on things? Especially Leia. She could have easily prevented any new threat from becoming powerful.

The Empire still controlled most of the galaxy and had a huge fleet
>>
>Ren
>Sith
>You
>Not a dumbfuck
>>
>>63831144

When they started doing the trench run I leaned over in my seat and whispered to my friend "another fucking trench run? seriously?"

Other than the entirety of the death star 3.0, which should have been talked about, but not revealed until maybe the next movie I overall enjoyed it.
>>
>>63835416
>lol I don't want to kill anyone!
>fires TIE fighter weapon systems at former comrades
>>
>>63834311
>Jacen sucks

Jacen is the greatest character the EU ever invented, what a fucking epic yet tragic story.

Out of all the EU nothing was as good as the story of Jacen becoming Caedus

you sir are a faggot
>>
>>63835549

This bothered me too. He was obviously shaken at the death of his friend on that planet. Assuming it was his friend anyways, considering he stopped for him and they had a little feels moment, but then in the next scene hes nuking a hangar bay full of guys just doing their job
>>
Ok, here are my complaints.

We already have 6 SW movies so enough with teasing and hinting. We know the setting so let's just get on with it. There's no reason to omit setting-important information like the state of the New Republic, its relation to the Resistance, what the First Order is about and how it came to be and who Snoke is and what his agenda is. Stuff like this should be central to the plot and instead it's only referenced in passing or not at all.

An important facet of the plot that we got is that Luke's new jedi order has been wiped out. This all happened in the "past" so why not have THAT be the plot of the movie instead of everyone dancing around this development and teasing us without giving solid information. All of this is just dangled in front of us the entire movie but never really explained or resolves.

Instead the movie has a really uninspired giant weapon plot and "let's find Luke" nonsense.
I mean the entire script can be redone so they actually DO find Luke after the first act so we can get on with the actual story instead of the whole movie feeling like an introduction. Again, we're 6 movies into the story already, just get the fuck on with it.

Essentially I have a feeling that this movie could be completely skippable and the next one is where the sequel trilogy will start properly and having skipped this one will basically not even matter.
>>
>>63835608
Not him, but while I liked Jacen turning to Caedus, Mara Jade and Thrawn.

Holy fuck, I hated the Yuuzhan Vong. So fucking much. Vong non canon, best day of my life.
>>
The movie is shit only fit for normies. The prequels are better star wars movies than this heap of garbage.
>>
>>63833221

>women just aren't like that

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lyudmila_Pavlichenko
>>
>>63835642
Its a,most like they want to release information at a steady pace throughout the trilogy instead of dumping it on you in one dense, messy blob so the audience doesn't get bored. You know, like every movie saga ever made.
>>
>>63835608
Jacen is cool. Even more cool is him giving Luke chances to talk shit. Oh you went after the ambulance ship because you're edgy trash, never saw that one coming!
>>
>>63835007
WHo cares about a couple Chinese actors?
>>
>>63835642

They definitely let the real world influence the script of this one. Its been 30 years since we've seen these guys on screen, but in their world, its just another day in the life. You're completely right that it felt like an introduction, when in reality its just a continuation of a story already set in place, yet they didn't treat it as that.
>>
>>63835241
>>63835181
>kids with no knowledge of droids
>>>/r/eddit/
>>
>>63835549

Nah, its either escape or die, bro.
>>
>>63835160

Nah, not 30 years. He went into a sadcoma when Luke went into exile, which was probably like, 10 years ago or something. Luke was still around training a new Jedi Order, with Kylo included. Everybody seems to think that Luke has been missing for 30 years, which is not the case.
>>
>>63834311
fuck you, mara jade was amazing.
>>
>>63835699

Yeah and they wasted an entire movie already on a flimsy rehash of ANH with the plot barely moving at all.
>>
>>63835642

This. I have the feeling that JJ basically introduced all this interesting backstory so that it could be explored later, but then made this movie a carbon copy of ANH with some elements of Jedi and Empire just assure people that this wasn't going to be the prequels. Basically Plinkett shills made JJ so paranoid that he was afraid to actually make a new movie.
>>
>>63833137
Kylo is literally just Jacen in all but name. They are the same character
>>
>>63835542
>I leaned over in my seat and whispered to my friend

Did the same at that moment and it went like this:
"Let me guess, there's a hole at the end."
"Nah, they can't be THAT stupid to even reuse THAT again."
>hfw there was a hole
>>
>>63831144
>A junker girl on an isolated planet with no formal education knows how to fix a Corellian YT-1300 even better than the owner himself

That's not that bad, if you actually watched the original trilogy you would know that it's Chewie that does the maintenance not Han.
>>
>>63835642
Problem is you're looking at it through the lens of knowing a lot about star wars because you probably weren't born when the first one dropped. Watching ANH for the first time you have NFI what is going on. Who is Vader? Why is he in the suit? Who is the emperor? Who are the rebels? Why is Obi-Wan on Tattooine, etc. The whole film alludes to things without explaining any of it. It's part of the feel of the movie. All JJ did here was replicate that feeling. One of the major problems with the prequels was the exposition sucked the mystery right out of it. When Jedi just sit around talking for hours there is no mystery to them at all.
>>
>>63835610

Fin's defection from the First Order was rushed as fuck. It would have been far more interesting to see it build up. Also idk how I feel about the whole kidnapped from birth thing with the Stormtroopers. It seems like a missed opportunity to explore why people might want to work for the First Order.
>>
>>63835699
It's almost as if they just want to feed us CGI action sequences with Star Wars seasoning without actually moving the story along so that they can squeeze as much money out of us as possible.

And too late, this movie was boring.
>>
>>63831314
>a wise man once told me

lol never write a movie.
>>
>wanted alright movie
>was ready to accept some MUH PROGRESSIVE JEW JEW ABRAMS AND DISNEY TANDEM
>they just remade A New Hope with MUH FEMINISM and MUH BLACK GUY and MUH RACE MIXING and MUH NAZIS WERE THE BIGGEST EVIL

For fucks sake Disney...
>>
>>63835549
he literally says 'i don't want to kill anyone FOR the first order"
>>
>>63835991

You can definitely tell Disney is trying to distance themselves from their Nazi origins
>>
>>63835991

You realize that the original Empire were based on Nazis too right?
>>
>>63835868

Oops, you're wrong. Remember when Han is trying to fix the hyperdrive and the tool box falls on his head?
>>
You know what I found ironic?
Right when they first landed on the base, there was a scene where niggerboi revealed that he was lying about knowing how to destroy the shields. Han then said LIVES ARE RIDING ON THIS. Niggerboi then said something along the lines of we'll figure something out, use the Force. Han replied, THATS NOT HOW YOU USE THE FORCE.

A while later, lightsaber battle between Ren and Rey. After she was pushed to the edge of the cliff, Ren suddenly mentioned the Force. After a moment of self-reflection, she became godlike and trashed Ren utterly. Is that supposed to be her using the Force?

So, the film made a joke about usage of the Force and then proceeded to make the usage of the Force a joke. Well done.
>>
>>63836059

Or when Han has to correct chewie "No no no, THIS one goes there, THAT one goes there"
>>
File: 0001-1328735411231.jpg (57 KB, 400x550) Image search: [Google]
0001-1328735411231.jpg
57 KB, 400x550
TFA was really good, 8.5/10, close to OT level.

It has flaws, but none of the ones listed ITT and certainly not the ones in the OP.

EVERYTHING OP listed has been explained at least 701 times in most SW threads since release.
>>
>>63836049
Yes but Moff Tarkin didn't walk up to a bunch of soldiers and give a speech in an absolutely identical way to Hitler in front of soldiers who literally did a SIEG HEIL
>>
>>63831144
I know it's popular to bash this movie, but the thing I hated about was that it felt so...generic. Not a Star Wars movie, just a typical Disney sci-fi 2010s action movie. Like John Carter, Avengers, etc.

Unlike the original trilogy, there was no real sense of gravitas here. I didn't feel like anything was at stake, it felt more like a parody of Star Wars than actual Star wars.
>>
>>63836247
>>63836206
>>
>>63836108

>IT WAS EXPLAINED IN THE FORUMS

Go back to /reddit/, JJ.
>>
my rages:

>troopers stolen and raised from birth yet somehow you still need to inspire them with long winded speeches and a random one knows "what is right" also instantly has a personality like a normal person
>many rebel spies died to get the plans to the death star but really you only need 1 sanitation guy
>captain phasma being a complete pushover and lowering the shields
>>
>>63835549
Yeah that was stupid. They played the scene out like he was shellshocked, horrified by the reality of war.

And then five minutes later he's whooping and blowing up niggas by the dozen, and it's fine because they are the bad guys?
>>
File: starkiller.jpg (19 KB, 304x299) Image search: [Google]
starkiller.jpg
19 KB, 304x299
>Oh geez, I can't believe a fatal design flaw found its way into our super humongous planet destroying base! Whoops! lol

>This is literally our third time building one of these things after the rebels blew up its two predecessors and we should really know better but let's just make it EXACTLY THE SAME, but bigger!

>No, really! Let's centralize all of the vital components into a single oscillator vent and have the controls to the entire planetary base kept in a remote, closet-sized room. A check system? Alerts? We don't need that! The shields will be deactivated with a single button push!

>Let's hope a ragtag bunch of rebels with a backpack full of well-placed grenades doesn't infiltrate the base and make the weak point susceptible to aerial strike!
>>
>>63836455
to be fair it wasn't as simple as shooting a bomb into it
>>
File: Jacen motherfuckin solo.jpg (127 KB, 227x572) Image search: [Google]
Jacen motherfuckin solo.jpg
127 KB, 227x572
>>63835854

A'IGHT HOL DA FUK UP, YO

Did Kylo have any bad ass side splittin' jokes about Rancors, skyhoppers and shit? Did Kylo Ren momentarily achieve near perfect oneness with the force and take down the horde of eco-nut space urukhai whose puppet master leader thought he was one of their fucking gods? Did he subsequently go nuts from this experience and become a Sith Lord who wanted to protect and secure the galaxy so that it wouldn't be devastated by another possible intergalactic threat? Did he impregnate his qt red head hapan princess classmate and then kidnap their child? Did Kylo turn his dead brother's grieving and tortured girlfriend into his Sith acolyte and then bang the shit out of her? Did he let himself die by his own sister's hands instead of taking victory because he wanted to save his daughter from being killed?

How dare you compare that emo faggot in Disney's new movie to this based motherfucker. The guy that was simultaneously the most successful Jedi Knight and Sith Lord the galaxy ever fucking knew by the time he was 32

This nigga wuz like the Madara Uchiha of the fucking Star Wars universe
>>
>>63836455
>not knowing that the Starkiller base was a deliberate plot device by JJ to tell the audience that Star wars is about the characters and not about the superweapons

I'm sure Poe's token attack on the big weapon being so disconnected from the battle of wills between Kylo Ren and Rey as well as Poe getting all the credit from the faceless masses, while only Leia cares about our true heroes, Rey and Finn, was just a coincidence. Language of cinema and trying to convey a message through visual storytelling is just a meme
>>
>>63836424
One sanitation guy still doesn't explain how they obtained the schematics to plan the attack to begin with.

This entire movie is lazy as fuck.
>>
>>63831144
>Rey somehow managed to defeat a seasoned Dark Jedi Knight/Sith Apprentice when she literally picks up a saber for the first time in her life. The same Dark Jedi/Sith who killed off the entire new Jedi Order

Kylo Ren had been shot by Chewbacca. He was not even close to in fighting shape.
>>
Why could Rey communicate with the saber?

Why does the saber have a will of its own?

How can it spark visions?

How can it "deny" Ren, but accept Rey?

I thought a saber was just a piece of techno-metal with a rock inside.
>>
>>63836483
They're just fluffing up the runtime.
>>63836556
You're looking too far into it. They're just reviving popular Star Wars iconography because they're meme-loving fucks.
>>
File: paulie 2 funny.jpg (19 KB, 388x327) Image search: [Google]
paulie 2 funny.jpg
19 KB, 388x327
>>63836455
fuck this movie
>>
>>63836650
>You're looking too far into it.

Yeah because a deliberate overhead shot of Poe being swarmed by the faceless normies while only Leia approaches our true heroes was just a shot JJ chose out of nowhere, language of cinema is literally a meme and directors never try to convey a message through visuals

JJ may have been told to put in a superweapon because that's what the masses want but he was trying to say something by using one, too
>>
>>63836743
He still did it and he's a fucking pussy and I hate him.
>>
>>63836809
Force Awakens is still better than any movie to come out of this franchise since 1980, sorry bub
>>
File: harrison.jpg (660 KB, 3192x2124) Image search: [Google]
harrison.jpg
660 KB, 3192x2124
>>63836847
>>
Force awakens was an absolute mess. If I wanted to watch episode 4 I would have. It was practically a shot for shot remake
>>
>>63836108
>explained
You mean suggested.
"No she know Jeedai Head Confuse because someone naughty naughty enter her mind before and she MIGHT have heard bedtime stories about scary Jeedai!!!" is not a fucking explanation.

Riddle me a few other things. How did Han track down the Millennium Falcon? How did Kylo Ren forget to use the fucking Force against Finn and Ren in the duel against them, especially since if you'll remember, the fight started with him Force pushing Ren out of the way? How in the world did Rey and Han's little party manage to sneak around the base when they were caught in an instant on a planet? How did Ren find out that Han Solo was present in the base, yet was still unable to find him? How did Finn manage to pinpoint the structural weakness in the new superweapon, despite him being a janitor, a quick Google search?
>>
>>63836915
why didn't the fellowship just fly the Eagles to Mordor?
>>
>>63831144
>What triggered you?
My first one was how eager Din Dun Uffink was to blast his former comrades-in-arms whe he helped Poe escape.
>>
>>63836559
yeah, my post was meant to be sarcastic
>>
>>63837003
and not just comrades, but people he probably grew up since birth with
>>
>>63836963
The problem is that TFA constantly have unexplained moments.

I am okay with a few of them. But when the pile of unanswered questions starts to get really huge it's really fucking annoying.
>>
>>63837003
THIS

all sad because one if his buds dies in the opening
In the hanger with Poe "LoL let me wholesale slaughter all the people that I grew up with
>>
>>63835854
>Kylo is literally just Jacen in all but name. They are the same character

POETRY
>>
The movie literally offered nothing that the original trilogy didn't already have except new cgi.
>>
>>63831144
>What triggered you?
the race mixing propaganda pull me out of my suspended debelief several times throught the movie

im not even white but tactics like this sicken me
>>
>>63836640
I wonder if Rey will unlock her Bankai in the next film
>>
>>63837005
Your sarcasm didn't go undetected. I'm just saying it's double shitty.
>>
i think the larget issues are not just logistical questions like "how did ___ get ___", but more important things like

1) establishing a character and motivations
2) establishing a scene and overall drama

when you have characters like Finn and even Han who act in ways that are not consistent you start to lose that suspension of disbelief and when you have events come out of nowhere you lose the pacing that builds up drama
>>
>>63837281

Yeah, it's already confirmed. She'll get a nice fur-scarf and a giant blue wooden snake will come out of her lightsaber hilt.

I've only seen up to the Renji battle in Bleach and that's about the point where I lost interest.
>>
>>63837281
Only after she receives a generous helping of Finn's reiatsu inside
>>
>>63836565

But he was beating her until she was like "Lol the force" and then she won. Like they went out of their way to show that even though Ren was insecure and whiny he could still kick your ass. FFS he stopped a laser with his mind.
>>
>>63835898
This. everyone complains about plot holes and things not making sense when the whole of the OT was built on that. Everyone wants to be spoon fed everything nowadays. It's about the wonder, Jesus. If it was up to you all, you'd be happy with a long wiki article explaining everything in minute detail with some pictures
>>
>>63837399
>when you have characters like Finn and even Han who act in ways that are not consistent

how about you explain why instead of using weaselly unfalsifiable statements you faglord
>>
>>63835760
Care to explain?
>>
>>63835405

dont bother. there werent any glaring plot holes, just things that arent shoved in your face, which people also like to bitch about. the movie was fine (didnt need so much fan service though) but 4chan is here to hate it because its doing well
>>
>>63835898
>>63837506
As much as people bitch about the prequels, they really did irreparable damage

>What is the Republic? Where is their homeplanet? Why are we not shown the Senate? (Episode I having people believe star wars is about politics)
>How was Rey able to defeat Kylo Ren? (believing the Force is about power levels and bloodline rather than spirit and conviction)
>Why was Kylo Ren kind of a pussy? (believing that a Star Wars villain can only be a stoic badass with no character and only shows up for the final lightsaber duel and dies)

people bitch about the prequels and then complain Force Awakens isn't like the prequels
>>
>>63835858
its good to know you and your friend are actually retarded. the whole reason that trench run was started is because chewbacca blew a hole in the side of the oscillator. also if you cant figure out why trenches make sense just give up
>>
>>63837633

Tbh your point about Kylo Ren is a result of the OT not the prequels. Ren is literally Anakin. Also don't even try to justify Rey's force abilities. That isn't even how it worked in the OT. I know that Ren isn't supposed to be as powerful as Vader but they clearly showed that his force abilities were extremely advanced. Rey beating him makes no fucking sense.
>>
>>63837513
most of this thread is about how Finn's confusing actions (for example shooting his own comrades with no issues whatsoever)

in the other spoiler threads about Han there is a lot of shit who weren't happy about how he was portrayed...for example people didnt like that if he went back to his old ways he would have never put himself in danger like he did
>>
File: f7FdEdG.jpg (10 KB, 260x194) Image search: [Google]
f7FdEdG.jpg
10 KB, 260x194
>>63836484
>>
i guess tanking a bowcaster shot and taking a couple hits from a trained stormtrooper with a lightsaber isnt enough to let a fairly force sensitive girl you werent even trying to kill overpower you when youre heavily conflicted with where you stand in the force. ok then.

not to mention rey was already strong and a decent fighter with her junk stick. lightsaber staff when?
>>
>>63837633
It was the will of the Force.
>>
"Yeah that will work. The stormtrooper masks just filter smoke, not toxins."

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME WITH THIS SHIT
>>
>>63831144
My main problems are actually to do with the core film, not so much the story.
>literally as soon as you've just finished a tense escape scene with han you're introduced to Snoke
>straight up introduced to him
>not even a slow tense build up or hype him up
>you're emotionally still recovering from the last scene
>he's sat in his chair with other characters looking at him like he's thanos from a Marvel after the credits scene
>the OT waited until ROTJ to show you the emperor, this alone was all the character building he needed as you already knew he was mysterious and too powerful to be introduced straight of the bat
>every level of power or mystery snoke has now feels dulled or close to that of a Saturday morning villain.
The pacing and editing suffered heavily, but that's more of a problem with Hollywood. The film went on too long yet because of pacing issues it still felt either too fast or too slow at parts, they merely just tried to cram as much into it, the smuggler/gang part felt 200% borrowed from GotG.

Idk, it felt like they tired to put the magic of the force in there without realizing that the force is supposed to mysterious and somewhat metaphysical, however i did appreciate the idea that each force user might have their own ability. Highlights that the force can be a very personal thing at times, respective of life forms.
>>
>>63838032
In fact also the dialogue is terrible, the poor acting performances made it more funny than the puns or cracks made by the characters:
>rey and finn having an emotional moment after escaping the baddies
>*smoke comes out of somewhere*
>not even a startled or "thats awkward" reaction from one of them
>rey just starts to run straight to it
>rey-"help me with this"
>finn- something like "woah whats happened?"

This film was ofc written for children, im not disputing that, but its painfully badly written even by kids standards. Its mostly just blocky and obvious, what you'd expect from a show in the 3-4 years range.
>>
>>63836063
You mean like when Obi-Wan randomly says in Luke's head to "use the force" and then Luke uses the force to blow up the death star?
>>
>>63835416
My grandfatehr was in the SS. But only in the "sanitation" department, cleaning up in military-run camps.
>>
>>63838312
and whilst I'm getting autistic i may as well go the full way.
The lightsabers were executed poorer than Dooku.
Something about the sound of them wasnt right, I was really looking forward to hearing that burning sound they make, barely heard it, also the ignition sound has been tempered with. In what's considered a "safe" franchise im surprised they tampered with the design so much. Let me get further into this senpai.
The prequels actually handled how the lightsabers looked the best (not how they were used, just looked) the cgi on them was fine, no need for correcting. In addition to this point the OT got the use of lightsabers right, used sparingly and only in correct context, to add to their allure, but also add to the context of the jedi being long dead.

>the lightsaber(s) in TFA mostly look like they were coloured in with crayon
>the sound is too low and changed so its not iconic
>something about them didnt feel right
>the first time a lightsaber gets properly ignited or used its not built up (i was hoping it would be a tense but emotional moment where the saber slowly ignites and we hear it resonate loud and powerful)
>They didnt give ren a proper one (which im actually fine with as his current one fits his character) meaning emphasis should be put on the heroes saber, which wasnt done properly or at all.

and last but not least

>a lightsaber being the plot device akin to the allspark in Micheal bays transformers
>it was being kept in some random bar keepers basement
>this is literally Dexters diner except worse
>not only did a random bar keeper we've never even met before know about this stuff
>but actually physically held the plot device literally in her basement for our hero to mary sue upon
>it would have made more sense if the bar from mos eisley was the one with the saber in it

Search your feelings. You know it to be true.
>>
>>63835686
>cherrypicking one woman to prove women as a group are like that

>>>/tumblr/
>>>/killyourself/
>>
>>63836108

t. JJ Abrams
>>
>>63836640
they turned the lightsaber into Thor hammer. Rey became Whor.
>>
File: luke mara.jpg (70 KB, 470x265) Image search: [Google]
luke mara.jpg
70 KB, 470x265
Will Luke ever find happiness?
>>
The droid with the info to reys father goes right to her out of the millions of trillions of planets
d2s sadcoma
the comedy relief "you have a boyfriend!?!"

so much more

fuck this shit
>>
>>63839564

>first they killed Mara
>now they made her memory non-canon

fuck this gay earth
>>
>>63839675
While EU was full of shit, it got some things down right.

At least I can remember the Rogue Squadron books forever
>>
>>63831314
>Instead of crying and saying faggot shit he goes "A wise man once told me, when things look bad you should always shoot first" and then kills han and force pushed his corpse out of the way
It's referring to the bar scene.
>>
File: 1437607925654.jpg (65 KB, 432x461) Image search: [Google]
1437607925654.jpg
65 KB, 432x461
>>63838029

this

what the fuck
>>
>>63838748
Outside of what I originally said before I will address the plot. First of all it didn't feel complicated but it wasn't simple like the OT. The OT's were somewhere within being very basic and that allowed for a lot of the fun to and magic to happen through their simplicity, it's why anyone can watch and understand them (and their morals). Now TFA doesn't go down the prequel route, suddenly giving us heaps of politics which I'm thankful for. However, Too much of the story feels like "meh" or "this happens here because someone on the writing team said it and we all thought it sounded cool, regardless of actual context or theme. To be very straight and clear, this film's story felt more like a bad (and cringey) fan fiction, than a professional piece of work.

>everything that happens in the plot is either one of three reasons
>Its through chance, I'm not that against this as chances do happen in the world, it just sometimes felt like "wow the three most important people ran into each other wow"
>It happens because one of the characters read the script that day and now knows what he needs to tell everyone, or what they must randomly do to advance the story. The barkeeper lady things was this allover.
>Something happens because it sounded like fun or someone on the team "had this sick idea where..." without considering how well it fitted into the films theme or context. I.e. the whole gang stuff with Han. Yes this is a reference to Han having unpaid debts with Jabba, but the way its done feels straight out of Guardians of the Galaxy. We never really got to see Han smuggling anything for real, mainly because the films didnt have time, we seen him smuggle luke and obi wan, thus his skills and badassery were shown off in this segment. There was no need for him to smuggle anything else, we dont need to see or know this. it's just a scene that feels set up to reintroduce Han's character, which we already know about by now anyway.
>>
In all my years as an American, never have I heard so much clapping throughout a film as I have during ep 7. It wasn't even at typical moments like something blowing up. Instead it was at stupid shit like "a long time ago...", when familiar characters showed up, and when the lightsaber flew to Rey.
>>
Its amazing even on tv nobody questions how the fuck first order,snoke or knights of ren become a thing instead questioning minor shit like jedi trick

Bravo guys

Who fuck built first order after that defeat of empire there is no way they built something like that while luke waa alive.

No way luke wouldnt sense snoke if he was there(i assume he isnt in ot timeline then how fuck he looks so old).

How republic let first order
.they almost destroyed by empire yet somehow let something like first order grows up
>>
File: spinning tricks.jpg (114 KB, 450x378) Image search: [Google]
spinning tricks.jpg
114 KB, 450x378
>>63831144
>I'll try mind tricking
>that's a good trick!
>>
Re-posting from another thread

>The movie was way too safe and did not try anything different

>it was a great movie but it did nothing in general to elevate the star wars story.

>the Prequels while being awful directed messes at least tried something different, they challenged the viewers, it was WAY more creative, they had much better worlds, actual lore to build on

>Kylo Ren was fine. Complaining he is a whinny little brat is exactly what you are supposed to think. He is conflicted, he is not even a sith. Only after he became "absolute" by killing his father was he ready to finish his training.

>None of the music stood out, there was no moments where you could take in the music correctly

>the pacing of the movie was fast. Had almost no breathing room. Episode 4 had plenty of breathing room that was filled with expanding the universe. The movie did little to expand the universe lore.

>What was the fucking point making a new planet called Jakku if it is the same fucking shit as Tatoonie? JUST MAKE IT IN TATOONIE?! Making new lore of a planet only to make it the same as another planet is beyond fucking retarded.

>The new order is just full on evil. JJ went out of his way to get rid of any grey areas the empire originally had and just made it full evil. I always adored the empire because it was a military of working everyday humans. When you watched 4, 5, or 6 you grew to like the imperial officers and the corkyness of the storm troopers. Adding shit like Finn being taking as a baby from birth just enforces the sides evil. The empire is now boring. They are just the bad guys.
>>
>>63831314
It's referring to the bar scene, faggot.
>>
>>63831144
>She was obviously skilled in the Force you fucking mong. She was probably guided by her intuition to do what she did. Plus it's not like it worked right away.
>This is the single dumbest argument. Kylo not only got fucked up by Chewie, but got fucked up by Finn as well. Kylo had not completed his training and Rey had already proved that she was more than capable of handling herself. Plus as we saw she was already strong with the force so it's not hard to see why she was able to defend herself. A more valid criticism would be to ask why Finn was able to defend himself so well with a lightsaber
>Opinion not a real or valid complaint
>yeah that was dumb desu
>>
>>63835549
>>63835610
right because everyones first instinct when escaping an oppressive, tyrannical regime is 'aw, these are just some normal dudes doing their job."

naw, finn knew he was fucked especially when captain phasma wanted to check his blaster rifle in for inspection. he knew it would show he never fired and he would get fucked up. plus it was in a situation of life or death.

however i do agree with you that his reaction shoulda been a little different besides "YEAH! DID YOU SEE THAT?!!?!?"
>>
>>63840232
I agree all but the pacing part, I thought there was enough breathing room
what really got me mad was the entire purpose of star killer
yea it was made to seem like a force to be reckoned with but why the fuck would it be so heavily unprotected, you'd think that, right after having Rey on the planet, they would scatter all TIE fighters and have it roam around the spots that can get attacked, like its a fucking planet that destroys solar systems, what the fuck is the purpose of it if you can't even protect it that well
>>
>>63838532
I guess "trust your feelings" doesn't mean anything to you.
>>
>>63836484
This is 100% true btw.
>>
>>63836915
>How did Han track down the Millennium Falcon?
Did you even pay attention? He said they needed to gtfo of there because if he was able to pick it up on his scanners the first order wouldnt be far behind
>>
File: 1448173039788.jpg (27 KB, 720x541) Image search: [Google]
1448173039788.jpg
27 KB, 720x541
>>63840232
I've had a theory why Jakku was used not Tatooine. It's to do with JJ's new "progressive approach", mainly because of sand people. If he did Tatooine then fan service and disney would be quite pressuring about putting sand people in at least for a bit. Ofc this could all be taken as racist for obvious yet silly reasons.

post yfw Tatooine will now never feature again because raysisum.
>>
>>63836424
>>troopers stolen and raised from birth yet somehow you still need to inspire them with long winded speeches and a random one knows "what is right" also instantly has a personality like a normal person

you're first argument that just because someone is taken from birth and trained to kill doesn't need an inspirational speech is stupid.

as far as the second part goes, phasma mentioned that it was strange because Finn showed no early signs of non conformity. My guess is they usually keep checks on people like Finn but are usually able to nip it in the bud
>>
File: Coruscant_skyscrapers.jpg (962 KB, 1700x1101) Image search: [Google]
Coruscant_skyscrapers.jpg
962 KB, 1700x1101
best planet got destroyed
>>
>>63831144
>>Rey somehow managed to defeat a seasoned Dark Jedi Knight/Sith Apprentice when she literally picks up a saber for the first time in her life. The same Dark Jedi/Sith who killed off the entire new Jedi Order

Kylo was injured with the shot from the wookie, and Finn managed to strike him with luck. Also Disney is going along with the old trilogy, where force users are not fucking demigods like in the prequels, so Rey had a pretty good chance to fight him, Kylo was even weak to pick up the lightsaber with the force.
>>
>>63840943

It's funny cause there are plenty of Muslims who love the original Star Wars.

What these liberal douchebags don't understand is that most people understand it's just a fucking fantasy movie and that these aren't meant to be accurate representations of themselves in any way.

Only the most insecure black people would be offended by Jar Jar and the Gungans.
>>
OFFICIAL LIST OF THE ONLY VALID TFA COMPLAINTS:
-CAPTAIN PHASMA WAS FUCKING WHACK
-HOW IN THE FUCK COULD FIN USE A LIGHTSABER EFFECTIVELY?
-PACING WAS TOO FAST, NOT MUCH CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT. FINN TURNED TOO QUICKLY, STILL NOT EVEN SURE WHAT HAPPENED TO REY IN THE FIRST PLACE. HOW DID THE FIRST ORDER 'RISE FROM THE ASHES OF THE EMPIRE'? WHO IS THE LIZARD DUDE? ALSO THEY NEVER EXPLAINED THE HILT GUARD THING, WTF!!!
-IT WAS EXACTLY LIKE A NEW HOPE
-BIG DEATH STAR STILL HAS BIG ASS TRENCH FLAW
-LACK OF VARIETY IN THE PLANETS. WE JUST GOT DESERT PLANET, SNOW PLANET, FOREST PLANET, AND OCEAN WORLD.

any other complaints are dumb!

any other complaints are dumb
>>
>>63836424
I dont like the idea that troopers are stolen from birth. I like the idea that troopers are instead normal men or women who are either conscripted or hypnotized (propaganda) into the empire/first order. This is so much more evil, it means not only are the innocents and rebels the victims, but so are the storm troopers. This small detail alone makes the empire/first order more sinister and heartless because they involve and destroy the lives of their functioning citizens.
>>
File: 1450435888471.jpg (56 KB, 400x354) Image search: [Google]
1450435888471.jpg
56 KB, 400x354
Here are the finer points of my disappointment in no particular or chronological order:

1. Rey is a Mary Sue. She is an expert pilot, an expert marksman, an expert mechanic, skilled in lightsaber combat (despite never receiving training), and skilled in force manipulation (despite never receiving training). She has no critical flaws.

2. Finn has a unique, vibrant personality and set of behaviors - even though he had been indoctrinated his entire life. Victims of indoctrination and abuse are rarely as sociable.

3. J.J. was too obvious in his portrayal of The Order as Space Nazis. The parallels aren't subtle at all, even going as far to include a military parade, an empowered speech, and military salute. The soldiers slaughtered civilians indiscriminately, and the dialogue/actions of the Order reeked of "bad guy" archetype.

4. Leia and Han needlessly talk of "our son" just so Kylo's name can be revealed to the audience later

5. When Finn and Poe escape and the TIE fighter lifts off the ground, the officers on the brig immediately suspect treason instead of a malfunction or an accident/mistake. How would you know that it wasn’t an accident? If a military aircraft takes off in real life without orders from the control tower, are personnel ordered to destroy it?

6. Did the Supreme Leader really need to be in this film? Did he really need to be called "Snoke"? The latter point is more of a pet-peeve.

7. Death Star 3.0 - a battle station several times larger than the Death Star - was constructed without the knowledge of the Rebel Alliance or the New Republic

8. Why would a Stormtrooper coincidentally carry gear that would repel a Lightsaber, when it wasn't known that Finn was armed with one?

9. J.J. uses practical effects, but skimps out on Maz's character with awful CGI

10. Lupita's voice acting for Maz was awful (Opinion, of course)
>>
>>63841193

11. Pacing was slow at the start (good) but became nauseatingly quick after the first act. Consequently, the movie felt rushed and the audience had very little connection to the events unfolding in front of them.

12 The last shot with Luke and Rey was horrid. Why did the camera pan around the same location three times with the same reaction?!

13. Leia's reaction to Han's death was completely apathetic - despite being married, and knowing him for nearly 30 years
Poe's dialogue was greatly lacking.

14. This film had far too many one-liners, quips, and jump cuts

15. Captain Phasma has virtually no dialogue - despite her exposure in the media

16. Captain Phasma deactivates the shields with no hesitation - none of the officers on Starkiller notice that the shields are down or are able to revert the change

17. C3PO, R2D2, and other OT character's inclusion in the film felt forced and inconsistent. Did they need to be in this film?

18. The soundtrack felt weak and unengaging - very surprised, seeing as this was composed by John Williams

19. Anakin's Lightsaber was recovered despite falling into the center of the planet Bespin, a gas giant. Maz never explains how she found it, saying instead that it was "a question for another time."

20. R2D2's wake up from hibernation was done for plot convenience. When and how did R2 decide to wake up? That's to say: What were the "wake up" parameters?

21. The two previous Death Stars were destroyed by exposed weaknesses. Why wouldn't the Order send out more fighters/craft to protect the Oscillator?

22. The audience had very little time to process the destruction of three planets

Several scenes in the trailers were cut from the final product. Not necessarily negative, just odd.

23. The power struggle between Kylo and Hux felt contrived and clunky. I think it was J.J.'s attempt of recapturing the relationship between Vader and Tarkin. (Opinion)
>>
>>63841193
>>63841233

25. The Millennium Falcon enters the Starkiller base via hyperdrive and disables the shield so everyone else can get through - despite entry being possible anyway

26. The monster-escape scene felt like it came from another movie entirely.

27. Fan-service: Did we need to have a scene with Finn taking out the blaster training ball, and falling on/activating the Tabletop game in the Millennium Falcon?

28. Why do the Rebel Alliance and the New Republic still exist as two separate factions? If the Empire was subdued as a fighting force and galactic empire, why was the title "rebellion" still necessary?

29. Wouldn't the New Republic have mobilized their fleet after the destruction of several of their planets?

30. Why would the Rebellion and the New Republic forgo the destruction of the New Order? Was no one concerned that the Empire would regain their lost numbers, regroup, and rearm themselves?

31. The destructive beam from Starkiller superweapon is described as being "superluminal," meaning faster than light. If that's the case, why were the inhabitants able to see the beam right before it struck the planet?

32. Just for the sake of consistency - Why do blaster shots cause bleeding in TFA? I was under the impression that blaster bolts seared and burned the skin.
>>
I don't get why you get fixated with muh feminist propaganda and muh me ri su wheb the biggest problem is that Daisy Ridley cannot fucking act. The character isn't an entitled independent woman who makes jokes about her vagina, she is just OP. Nonetheless, Ridley did a horrible job and was the weakest link of the movie. Plotholes exist in any SW movie, shit performances not so much.
>>
>>63831144
JJ always shits on lore he doesn't know or care. I thought the movie was good considering my expecations knowing JJ. I actually like it a lot more now that people are so buttmad over it.
>>
>>63831144
>JJ needs to copy the story from ep 4
>the ordinary old man living on a trash planet knows everything about Kylo, and knows the location of luke
>freezing the laser blast in mid air
>Luke is a whiny faggot who leaves everything just because he was a bad teacher, expecting the others to clean up his shit
>Kylo crying to grandpa to be evil, because grandpa was evil (Luke was his teacher, so why the fuck didn't he tell Kylo that Anakin redeemed himself and joined the light side)
>Kylo trashing everything like a two year old little kid when he is mad
>If Leia needs a jedi so much to win the war, why the fuck she didn't learn it how to control the force
>If there is a goverment, why the fuck do they call themselves as a resistance? They should be the resistance only if they are against a goverment, not if THEY ARE the goverment
>attacking the new death star only with just a couple of x wings
>DEFENDING the new death star only with just a couple of TIE fighters
>hitler speech, and zig hailng
>>
>stormtrooper who has only used a blaster before lasting more than a single second against a trained sith apprentice in a lightsaber duel

I don't care how injured or emotionally compromised he was, that was bullshit of the highest order. At least Rey had some plot backing her up.
>>
>>63841193
>>63841233
>>63841260
you sound like a stupid faggot
>>
>>63841124

Was it Coruscant? I thought it was and people were telling me it wasn't.
>>
>>63841352

Thanks for your insightful commentary.
>>
>>63841352
Great counter-argument dickbreath.
>>
>>63831609
The line was actually
>I think I can handle my self.
Which makes Han's line actually clever. Much better than another instance of pointless Pottery.
>>
>>63831609
>implying a strong empowered 90lbs woman needs a gun or a man's help to defend herself
how dare you
>>
Rey a bad bitch, doe
>>
>>63838532
no, he encouraged Luke to use the force to Sense where to fire. If Rey was in the original film she would have destroyed, Vader and blew up the death star while still on it then Mary Sue to safety without a scratch.

tl;dr fuck off
>>
A lot of this felt like one if those Kimmel or Fallon reunions, you know the type, where they reuinited friends or full house. It was like ok start the plot...FROM THR ORIGINAL STAR WARS ITS HARRISON FORD!!!!.....little more dialogue....OMG ITS PRINCESS LEIA WOOO EVERYONE CLAP CAN YOU BELIEVE WE GOT THE GANG BACK!.......jokes that refer to the original...ITS ALSO LUKE SKYWALKER OMG 20 YEARS SINCE THE PREMIERE AND WE REUNITED THEM EVERYONE CHEER WOOOO. It was an alright flick, but bad reboot of episode 4, shitty way to kill Han, and a lot "because reasons"'
>>
>>63839665
The comedic relief is a million times better than the prequels. you can admit that.
>>
>>63841193
God damn it, I might have to start a "ask your absolutely irrelevant and nitpicking questions about TFA in this thread and I will answer them all" thread like I did for Prometheus.

Here we go, brace:

>1. Rey is a Mary Sue.

She is a scavenger and mechanic by trade.

Pilot and marksman can be explained by previous experience and also the Force. Remember how Luke was an excellent pilot thanks to the Force? She is his daughter, obviously very powerful.

She is NOT skilled in Force manipulation or lightsabre combat. Don't know where you pulled that one from, she is a total amateur as shown in the movie.

>2. Finn has a unique, vibrant personality...

Nitpicking and irrelevant to the plot.

>3. J.J. was too obvious in his portrayal of The Order as Space Nazis.

Not a problem in any way. It's a movie for kids, it needs to be exaggerated.

>4. Leia and Han needlessly talk of "our son" just so Kylo's name can be revealed to the audience later

I don't even.

>5. When Finn and Poe escape...

Star Wars is not real life. A militaristic empire, a space military vessel, in a state of war. Their reaction was perfectly normal.

I would guess they have taken precaution against malfunction and accidents.

>6. Did the Supreme Leader...

Both are pet-peeves. If he was introduced in Episode 8, you would bitch about his late introduction (just like people did about the Emperor in the OT).

>7. Death Star 3.0...

Unlikely. They knew about it.

Even, if they did not, the Galaxy has billions of star systems, you can't track everything.

>8. Why would a Stormtrooper coincidentally carry gear that would repel a Lightsaber...

It's a crowd control baton. Not in any way intended to be used against lightsabres.

>9. J.J. uses practical effects, but skimps out on Maz..

The CGI was done on purpose.

>10. Lupita's voice acting for Maz was awful

Yes, but that's an issue with her, not with the movie or plot.
>>
File: goingallout.png (146 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
goingallout.png
146 KB, 625x626
>>63841938

b8 b8 b8 b8 b8 b8
>>
File: 555.jpg (26 KB, 600x375) Image search: [Google]
555.jpg
26 KB, 600x375
Why couldn't Ren stop the bullet from Chewie's crossbow-blaster thing? His ability to stop blaster shots in mid-air is one of the first things established in the movie. What, did he think Chewbacca would start cheering?
>>
>>63841233
>11. Pacing was slow..
Personal opinion.

>12 The last shot with Luke and Rey was horrid.

Personal opinion.

>13. Leia's reaction to Han's death..

I disagree. Her reaction was great and well acted. She felt it through the Force light years away just like Yoda felt the Order 66 effects.

>Poe's dialogue was greatly lacking.

In general? It's not a Poe-centric movie, yet.

>14. This film had far too many one-liners..

Personal opinion.

>15. Captain Phasma has virtually no dialogue..

Not a problem with the movie or the plot.

>16. Captain Phasma deactivates the shields with no hesitation -

Not a problem with the movie or the plot.Tells you something about ehr character.

>none of the officers on Starkiller notice..

She lead them to the specific control station for that part of the structure??

>17. C3PO, R2D2, and other OT character's inclusion..

Yes! It's called fan service and plot consistency both at once and was expected and needed. You would bitch, if they weren't shown.

>18. The soundtrack felt weak and unengaging..

This is your ONLY point that I agree with and the only point that actually makes sense. Weakest soundtrack in SW.

>19. Anakin's Lightsaber was recovered..

Why does it need an explanation in the first place? Would you be happier, if Maz said "oh, there was a deep extraction platform beneath the station and the miners found Luke's lightsabre on the roof".

>20. R2D2's wake up....

Luke's instructions most likely. We don't need to know what exactly.

>21. The two previous Death Stars...

It took a lot of pounding from inside and outside. Important tech node =/= exposed weakness.

>22. The audience had very little time to process the destruction of three planets

It'[s a family movie, you don't need to see billions of people in agony.

>Several scenes in the trailers were cut....

Yes, it is odd. Not relevant to the movie or plot.

>23. The power struggle between Kylo and Hux....

Personal opinion. I felt it was very nicely done.
>>
>>63841260
>25. The Millennium Falcon enters the Starkiller base via hyperdrive and disables the shield so everyone else can get through - despite entry being possible anyway

I don't understand what you are trying to say.

>26. The monster-escape scene felt like it came from another movie entirely.

Personal opinion or it was the CGI that threw you off.

>27. Fan-service: Did we need to have a scene with Finn taking out the blaster training ball, and falling on/activating the Tabletop game in the Millennium Falcon?

Yes. It was nice and nostalgic.

>28. Why do the Rebel Alliance and the New Republic still exist as two separate factions? If the Empire was subdued as a fighting force and galactic empire, why was the title "rebellion" still necessary?

That will be answered in episode 8 I think. Do you want one movie or three? I can present you with several explanations.

>29. Wouldn't the New Republic have mobilized their fleet after the destruction of several of their planets?

Maybe they have? No way to know either way.

>30. Why would the Rebellion and the New Republic forgo the destruction of the New Order? Was no one concerned that the Empire would regain their lost numbers, regroup, and rearm themselves?

It was gradual and many of the planets made a conscious choice to stay with the First Order. Also, the New Republic was weak and did not want another war, by the time they had enough power, it was too late.

>31. The destructive beam from Starkiller superweapon is described as being "superluminal," meaning faster than light. If that's the case, why were the inhabitants able to see the beam right before it struck the planet?

In the sense that it goes through hyperspace on its way to another star system, it obviously is not faster than light when it hits.

>32. Just for the sake of consistency - Why do blaster shots cause bleeding in TFA?

Nitpicking and not a problem with the movie or the plot
>>
Lets go, I'll answer ABSOLUTELY ANYTHING you autists did not understand.
>>
>>63842529
>I'm the director of the movie
>>
>>63842571
I am not! I can observe and interpret, though.

Next question!
>>
While I wait for questions, lets deal with the OP

>Rey somehow knew what the fuck a Jedi Mind Trick was

The Force is a living thing, it guided her. Yes, it;'s a gay answer, but it's consistent within the universe, so not a problem with the movie or the plot.

>Rey somehow managed to defeat a seasoned Dark Jedi

The same dark jedi who is an apprentice, got shot by a wookie bowcaster (physical trauma), just killed his father (emotional trauma) and was exhausted after fighting Fin!

>Han died like a little bitch, despite the entire movie showing he went back to his old ways and was a weary smuggler once again. Son or no son, there's no way in hell he'd die the way he died. Was literally written by a hack

You will understand when you have children of your own.

>"We're going to destroy the Republic and it's fleets!". They then proceed to destroy a few planets we have no idea what they are or where the Republic fleets even are, and are meant to be believe that these planets being destroyed would somehow also destroy massive separate fleets of MC cruisers, re-purposed Star Destroyers, and retrofitted CIS warships which were apparently ALL in drydock/low orbit when this happened in these handful of planets

You don;t have enough information to make any of those accusations.

>The New Order insignia literally makes no sense at all.

Personal opinion, Not a problem with the movie or the plot.

She has been dealing with scavenging and repair of old tech her whole life. Han is old. There.

NEXT
>>
>>63836640
>Why could Rey communicate with the saber?

It's her father's sabre, duh.

>>63836915
>How did Han track down the Millennium Falcon?

How does one track things? He has been looking for it for years.

>How did Kylo Ren forget to use the fucking Force against Finn and Ren in the duel against them, especially since if you'll remember, the fight started with him Force pushing Ren out of the way?

What is a deadly wound in your abdomen?

>How in the world did Rey and Han's little party manage to sneak around the base when they were caught in an instant on a planet?

Logical fallacy.

>How did Ren find out that Han Solo was present in the base, yet was still unable to find him?

Sensing someone does not give you magical radar powers of range and elevation.

NEXT
>>
File: 1450424750973-3.jpg (198 KB, 668x1197) Image search: [Google]
1450424750973-3.jpg
198 KB, 668x1197
+ Stormstroopers: The stormtrooper designs were done very well, they looked like a natural evolution from the clone wars to the galactic empire, this includes their armor and weapons as well. Another bonus to the stormtroopers is that their soldiers showed more personality than in previous films (We see them have sad deaths, feel for their comrades, and have a bit of a sense of humor)
+ Set design: The majority of the interior sets and locations looked flawless in their design in regards to the Star Wars universe
+ Sound: The SFX in most of Abram's films have a very exaggerated tone to them and are very loud and powerful in style, which is a positive
+ Creature and droid designs: looked flawless in their design in regards to the Star Wars universe

- Story: The story itself is almost a complete rehash of the original movie (see image)

-Origin of story: There are no explanations to the First Order, the Resistance, or what has happened with the New Republic between the end of ROTJ and the beginning of the new film. We are introduced to whole new worlds and organizations with no back story
- Vehicle design: The majority of vehicles in the movie are almost exact copies of the original trilogy, with little to no original designs or evolutions.
- Music: Other than re-used themes from the previous films, there was no music that stood out, no individual themes that one could immediately recognize
>>
>>63842254
Thought it showed some sign of emotional weakness. That's what I took it as.
>>
>>63843202
- Camerawork: Abrams constantly uses shots that are foreign to Star Wars as well as a film in this type of genre, including violating the rules of thirds in the close-ups and "hard zooms" and dutch angles. There are too many extreme close shots which causes a sense of being cramped and claustrophobic. The grading and lighting was dark and the shots were too quick-paced. An adventure film of this caliber should have many wide open establishing shots, and also close-up shots are almost never closer than the top of the head down to mid-chest level (These rules also applied to all of the Original films and prequels)
- Pacing: The pacing was too fast, no time to absorb the characters, the universe and the story, there were no breaks long enough for story development
- Phasma: Seriously, what the fuck was she there for? Not just in story but even just there in the First Order
- Han's death: Retarded in every way, forced, and contrived
- Finn/Rey: Both of them are "Mary sue" and "Gary Sue" and have no character development in the whole film (contrast this with all the main characters in the original Star Wars)
- Nazi Symbolism: Too obvious and ham-fisted
- Bad CGI: Why was Maz Kanata and Supreme Leader Snoke CGI?
- Plothole, lightsaber: How did that lightsaber, which was the one in Luke's hand when it was cut off and fell down the vents in Bespin City, get into the wooden chest?
- Plothole, starkiller: How did that massive planet/moon get built over years without drawing the attention of the Republic or Resistance? How was it funded versus the Death Stars which were government funded projects?
>>
>>63843242
- Plothole, battle of the starkiller: Why didn't the resistance gather intel? Why did they just do a quick minute long discussion on how MAYBE to attack the Starkiller? Why no assumption there was a bait and switch like the 2nd Death Star? Where was the First Order Star Destroyer during the whole battle? Why did Han flying the Millennium Falcon not even think or hypothesize on how they were going to break into the starkiller until they were already there? Why did the resistance have only a dozen or so x-wings?
- Plothole, TIE fighter: Why did the TIE fighters have turrets on the back only when the plot required it?
- Plothole, Finn: How and why did he suddenly develop a desire to escape and run from the First Order despite being trained from being an infant?
- Plothole, Rey: Even if she was force sensitive, how did she suddenly learn and master force abilities and lightsaber techniques throughout the movie with no training or even knowledge of these skills? How did Rey learn how to pilot starships?
- Plothole, Kylo Ren: Why was Kylo Ren almost defeated by Finn, who has no known force powers and had just picked up the lightsaber, and then practically defeated by Rey who had just discovered she had any force powers at all? What was Kylo's motivation for being a student of the dark side besides just being a fanboy of Darth Vader? Also did he not know about Vader's last minute move to the light side, was he not aware of this fact?

- Plothole, First Order & Resistance: How does the First Order become a threat when they have no control over any actual populated planets with no government, and what exactly is the Resistance, backed by the New Republic, "resisting" against?
>>
>>63842630
>>63842833
>>63843054
holy autism
>>
File: 1400369014042.jpg (13 KB, 480x352) Image search: [Google]
1400369014042.jpg
13 KB, 480x352
>>63842833
>>63843054
>>63842529
>>63842630
>>63842484
>>63842333

Holy shit, this is some next level autism
>>
>>63843202
>>63843242
>>63843273
Answered most of those already, here's for the rest:

>- Plothole, TIE fighter: Why did the TIE fighters have turrets on the back only when the plot required it?

Different models.

> and lightsaber techniques

Handling a lightsabres does not require Force sensitivity. Every hillibilly can swing it around.

The Force allows you extreme speed and precog.

>How did Rey learn how to pilot starships?

She took starship piloting lessons?

>>63843299
>>63843388
Where do you think you are?
>>
How did the Starkiller almost fire twice? There was nothing indicating they were in a binary system. Could it travel at light speed? If so, how did they build engines big enough for it?
>>
>>63843299
>>63843388
>get your criticisms and supposed plothole theories absolutely BTFO by Eko
>scream autism without any arguments

:^)
>>
>>63843523
I don't understand your question.

Why would it need to... wait... do you think every shot required a whole star to be absorbed?
>>
>>63843557
Nice try, Eko, are you seriously some paid Disney stooge trying to defend this shit film?
>>
>>63843613
Seemed to be implied, since they had to drain a fucking sun for the next shot.
>>
>>63843641
lol, I never samefag senpai, you should know that by now.

Logic and explanations mean I am a paid shill now?
>>
>>63843677
Noooo... I get how you could think so, but it's not like that.

They could use the same star for many shots. It gathered only a tiny amount of the star mass.

The sun was just setting for the second shot, it wasn't "drained".
>>
>>63837748
good to know you're retarded because the whole reason that the trench run started was because it was in a previous movie and they're lazy fucks
>>
>>63843759
>setting
>still high in the sky
>as long as there is light we have a chance
Not on /tv/ often, but I'm assuming you're a known troll.
>>
>>63843852
>>still high in the sky

The fight in the woods was at night just a few minutes after the x-wing/tie fight.

They explicitly stated it in the movie that the sun was setting...
>>
>>63843690
>Logic and explanations

The only logic and explanations is this

>>63843202
>>63843242
>>63843273

Your posts are just shameless attempts at defending turd on a shit sandwich
>>
>>63841938
what's the point in having a tripcode if you're only making yourself look retarded?
>>
>>63843985
All of those were answered. There is not even a single plot hole among them.

>>63844006
Maybe that's the point?
>>
>>63843242
>- Plothole, lightsaber: How did that lightsaber, which was the one in Luke's hand when it was cut off and fell down the vents in Bespin City, get into the wooden chest?
Many Bothans died, to retrieve that lightsaber. From the depth of the gas giant Bespin where it fell after being sucked out of Cloud City like everything that falls into that pit.
>>
lol Eko thats why I love you man keep fighting the good fight

nice to see you back
faggot ;p
>>
>>63843517
> and lightsaber techniques
>Handling a lightsabres does not require Force sensitivity. Every hillibilly can swing it around.

except it does. while it is true that everyone can swing a lightsaber around like a madman, it's only a matter of time until you cut off some part of yourself unless you're trained in fighting with it, or - if we allow ourself to believe that bs explanation - have enough of a connection to the force to "let it guide you".

Finn had none of the above, and even with a connection to the force, that battle against Kylo was already a chaotic mess. it already takes a bullshit amount of luck not to get killed by a at least partially trained force user - hurt or not -, let alone by yourself swinging around Luke's saber without really knowing what you're doing.
>>
>>63844299
lol, hello to you too

also, stop enjoying the show and pitch in anon

>>63844398
So... what exactly is your point? Fin got wrecked by Tray Tor and by Kaylo Ren both times when the tried to wield the weapon.

The movie confirms what you are saying, so I don't see why you have issues with it.
>>
File: I_NEED_HIM(1).png (197 KB, 625x360) Image search: [Google]
I_NEED_HIM(1).png
197 KB, 625x360
>>63831144
>>
>>63831144
>"We're going to destroy the Republic and it's fleets!". They then proceed to destroy a few planets we have no idea what they are or where the Republic fleets even are, and are meant to be believe that these planets being destroyed would somehow also destroy massive separate fleets of MC cruisers, re-purposed Star Destroyers, and retrofitted CIS warships which were apparently ALL in drydock/low orbit when this happened in these handful of planet

lmao catch up on canon, nerd. Shits been downsized heavily.
>>
>>63835948
go to bed Jew Jew Abrams
>>
>>63844495
I guess the complaint would be that he should've been more fucked up than he was by the end of that battle. Maybe loss of a limb? isn't that what usually happens when somebody loses a lightsaber fight but doesn't get killed because of plot?

And just how weak was Luke's old lightsaber in that movie? I can understand Kylo's saber maybe not being as strong as an actual lightsaber, but...We've seen Obi-Wan cut a dude's arm off with his in one almost nonchalant move, yet Kylo gets a fucking slash through his face with it by the end, and it's barely considered a flesh wound.
>>
>>63844946
Not to mention they meant it as a long term plan not "we will do it with our first shot!"
>>
>>63835948
Your flimsy defense confirms my experience, it was nothing but a glib facsimile.

If Star Wars was all I had access to as a child in terms of sci-fi I probably would become one of those crazy fanboys, but thankfully I had access to anime from very early on in my youth years that my mental balance is very stable.

Seriously, if you have watched Akira, you'd realize just how sophisticated anime is and it blows away anything Star Wars would have to offer.

A lot of people mention Ghost In The Shell, which has just enough of sexuality in the mix to draw in the western audience I suppose but I must say that Ghost In The Shell is not even in my top 10 anime, not even close, that's just how deep the world of anime is.

Some anime is so disturbingly mature like Fractale that I wish it would challenge the system and submit it as a Drama category in the Oscars just to bitchslap the snotty Academy.

It's not just the level of maturity and sophistication anime has, it's also quite original, entertaining, and visually fantastic. I would regard anime as the highest form of cinema art-form.

But hey, me preaching about anime won't do you any good, you gotta go out and see it for yourself just how much you are missing.

The recent one I would recommend to check out is Sword Art Online which is light and easy to get into anime for the first time yet appreciate it as much, but if you want the heavy stuff right off the line check out Guilty Crown in which the plot is so complex and twisted that you'll need extra oxygen pumped into your brain in order to comprehend everything, and if you want amazing visuals and a gripping drama that also has awesome mecha battles Aldnoah.Zero is the shit.

Seriously, if you know anime like I do, Star Wars looks like it's something for little kids.
>>
>>63845046
>I guess the complaint would be that he should've been more fucked up than he was by the end of that battle.

There is no reasonable way to measure what you are saying, so complaining about something that cannot be quantified is subjective. You, personally, expected someone to lose a limb. That is fine, but is in no way a prerequisite in ligthsabre combat.

Fin got absolutely BTFO, because he is a human, albeit with melee training as a stormtrooper, who faced a Force user. It happened exactly as it should have.

>And just how weak was Luke's old lightsaber in that movie?

Nothing like that. The cuts were not deep enough or at the right place to cut something off? Complaining that a limb was not cut off is not logical even in the slightest.

It's like saying, why did not Poe's X-Wing got hit in the engine? It got hit only in the hull and wings!

I understand what you mean, but it's not a tangible complaint, it;s more a personal preference.
>>
>>63845117
>Seriously, if you know anime like I do

that's it. that's the one.
that's the sentence that should make you rethink your life, the second you're done typing it.
>>
>>63833221
>CULTURALLY SIGNIFICANT MOVIE
>THESE DAYS

Hehehe
>>
File: 1450546259862.png (291 KB, 385x484) Image search: [Google]
1450546259862.png
291 KB, 385x484
>Leia isn't a Jedi in episode 7
>>
>on the run with a wanted droid
>bring the droid everywhere with them instead of just leaving it in the ship
>not just taking the usb thing out of the droid and leaving it somewhere
>>
>>63846064
Did BB 88 even do anything this film?
>>
>>63833221
I agree with you, buy SJWs wont stop bitching until the female lead can do more than males can and better. People will be willing to ignore bad writing and/or inconsistencies as long as someone with a vagina is the hero(ine) at the end.
>>
>>63842833

>The Force is a living thing, it guided her. Yes, it;'s a gay answer, but it's consistent within the universe, so not a problem with the movie or the plot.

Bullshit. No where is this seen or used before. Obi Wan guided Luke, and by Guided it encouraged him to trust in the force and to let the force aide him. Which was no different than Anakin when he trusted the force to aide him in not crashing his pod racer.
The force saw Anakin as its chosen one because of Sheev's precognitive abilities that was second to none so the only way for Sheev to lose was for his back to be to Anakin when he was too busy hurting Luke to see his imminent demise at the hand of Anakin.

But to say the force made Luke a Mary Sue is pure bullshit when it should have done so much earlier for Anakin or even Yoda who was actually fighting and was out fought by the over powered Sheev.

>he same dark jedi who is an apprentice, got shot by a wookie bowcaster (physical trauma), just killed his father (emotional trauma) and was exhausted after fighting Fin!

Finn was more believable as a trained fighter. yet Rey, who didn't believe in the force or anything is suddenly proficient in it to take on and defeat a much stronger opponent who just handed Finn a beat down?

>You will understand when you have children of your own.

yeah no, Han walked towards his kid for no good reason. He hadn't seen the boy in years and he knew he was a piece of shit killer. Han was sacrificed because they'd chosen him to be Obi Wan and to die like Obi Wan did, it was cheap and stupid.

>She has been dealing with scavenging and repair of old tech her whole life. Han is old. There.

Yeah no, she knew how to fix the Falcon and fly it because plot convenience. by your reasoning because she can tinker with ships and stuff she could have fixed anything, up to and including the star killer because she tinkered with junk and stuff.
>>
>>63847252
you are fucking dumb, you did not counter any of the arguments

the ren/fin/rey fight has been explained thousands of times and yet you still bring it up

FUCKING AUTIST
>>
>>63843054

>It's her father's sabre, duh.

never before did such an ability exist or was eluded to about the force and force users. that's bullshit of the highest order and it came from no where. jar jar abrams is even more unbelievable than fan fiction authors.

>How does one track things? He has been looking for it for years.

bullshit. it was on that planet the same way Kirk landed on the very same planet spock and scott was. bravo Jar jar.

>What is a deadly wound in your abdomen?

and yet he bested Finn easy enough.

>>63845287
>There is no reasonable way to measure what you are saying, so complaining about something that cannot be quantified is subjective. You, personally, expected someone to lose a limb. That is fine, but is in no way a prerequisite in ligthsabre combat.
>Fin got absolutely BTFO, because he is a human, albeit with melee training as a stormtrooper, who faced a Force user. It happened exactly as it should have

And yet Luke and Anakin had to train in order to use the saber effectively to say nothing against a trained dark side user. Rey on her first try is able to use a saber superbly against a much superior opponent. Can you say, Mary Sue?
>>
>>63833221
This. Female heroines should be women in a man's world not a woman acting like a man.
>>
>>63833221
This post is worth 1/2 a portion, and I'm being generous.
>>
>>63835686
Even though she was a sniper doesn't mean she acted like a man in fact it's been proven that the best infantry position for women is a marksman.
>>
>>63846120
be a cute fucker

one thing she didnt do is marry me
>>
>>63847471
No it hasn't. Rey won and Ren lost because she was a Power Princess with no flaws or weaknesses. Everything she did from the get go was Mary Sue. Even when she was 'captured' served to only give her a chance to show the audience just how awesome she is, look she's using the Jedi mind trick, see she's breaking out of Ren's telepathic hold and is over powering him. it was all to show just how awesome and unbeatable the Rat's knew Power Princess is.

Finn was infinitely more believable than rey was.

She dog fights through a star destroyer in the Millennium Falcon the very first time she gets in the cock pit and that's not a red flag, at all?
>>
>>63835686
>sit back, pull a trigger and kill people from a distance
>some how makes her a strong womyn
>>
>>63847547
fin didn't had the force thats why he got rekt even when ben solo had the wound

you are pretty stupid bro
>>
>>63847552
that's bullshit. ripley was real, as is was sarah conner as was the girl from night mare on elm street dream warriors and Jennifer lopez from cell. all of them had to become great through trials and tribulations. not rey though, she was power princess from the get go.

bravo jar jar and the rat, bravo.

>>63847683
and Rey, on the first try, was a a flawless force user when everyone before her had to train and practice. Luke got his shit pushed in the very first time he battled an active force user. but not rey though, she's so strong, so modern.
>>
>>63847552
Can't they just be people really?
I mean seriously, all it would take, is for them to set out to accomplish something, have a rickety, difficult time at achieving it, but pushing through and finally succeeding despite shortcomings.

You know, like Luke who got into troubles, couldn't hand a few of the situations on his own, but finally saved the day, exploiting his one major skill and the gift of the force he recieved through the movie.

All it fucking takes.
Princess fucking Leia did exactly that.
She took control. She went out herself to help the rebellion instead of sending minions. Didn't swoon over and give up when her ship was captured, but found a way to salvage the situation with R2. Fought against torture and even sacraficed her home for the sake of the galaxy.

That's not a "woman in a man's world"s that's just a plain hero who happens to be a woman.
Nothing manly or womanly about what she did. It's just plain admirable.
>>
>>63835907
The meeting Han was rushed as fuck too. Han just happens to be in the same space as the Falcon making repairs. Meets the protagonists, who just happen to have a droid that the empire wants. just happens to have monsters on board that he is smuggling and just happens to have bill collectors from TWO cartels board his ship at the same moment the monster escapes.
>>
>>63847733
>flawless force user

stop pulling idiotic shit out of nowhere, she was a fucking noob
>>
>>63847808
no, she apparently could use the force so effectively. i mean she used telepathy better than an active force user and used a saber better than he, so wow, what a noob, am i right?
>>
File: tray_tor_stormtrooper.png (530 KB, 1756x652) Image search: [Google]
tray_tor_stormtrooper.png
530 KB, 1756x652
>>63847808
a noob that can pull a Jedi mind trick no problem after the third attempt with no prior knowledge and curb stomp a at least somewhat trained dark Jedi in about five minutes, after holding a lightsaber for the first time. sounds about right.
>>
>>63847983
she did not use telepathy better, she only managed to resist due to her innate power and glimpsed a single thought

and she did not use a saber better than him as has been explained a thousand fucking times

if you are real - you have issues, autistic or just dumb, figure it out

if you are a troll - why do it? I respond to anything and I don;t annoyed, what do you get from spouting half-truth and out right lies? do you get satisfaction? social interaction from the conversation?
>>
>>63848044
I don't even know why you do this anymore
>>
>know absolutely nothing about Rey's past
>mysterious flashbacks
>SHE WAS COMPLETELY UNTRAINDE
i dont even know who's memeing who any more
>>
File: 1417290900032.jpg (74 KB, 1000x419) Image search: [Google]
1417290900032.jpg
74 KB, 1000x419
>>63831144
The fact that this was apparently a comedy and I was sitting through laugh tracks and applaud queues. It was like big bang theory or some shit, people were laughing at regular old line and gasping every three seconds. Not that I blame them because there was a joke on screen every few minutes. Don't get me started on how much of a chucklefuck Finn was. He was a regular old Jar Jar motherfucking
Binks. "AW SHIIII WHO IN CHARGE NOW YEH YEH"

Also why the FUCK does Leia huggy-huggy Rey who she has never met before instead of fucking CHEWIE. GOD DAMNIT THAT SCENE WAS RUINED I WANT TO SHOOT SOMEONE OVER THIS BULLSHIT.

And fuck giggles-mc-gee in the back row and the one guy texting through the entire fucking shitshow. Only good thing was Kylo being a complete failure of a Sith. I liked how he was written as a tryhard wannabe Anakin with none of the talent.
>>
>>63848097
that's right because she glimpsed her innate girl power Disney power Princess which was enough to overcome any adversity she befell. bravo jar jar, bravo.
no seriously, she was able to resist a better force user because of her innate girl power. because i know it wasn't because of training and skill, so it must have been her inner disney princess girl power. "For I am she ra princess of power so by the power of my vagina, i have the power!"
>>
Han and Leia naming their son "Ben" bugged the shit out of me. Leia never actually met the guy. and Han thought he was a crazy old man.
>>
The problem is not female protagonists, the problem is how they can never be actual interesting characters. Instead they are always cliched "girl power" stereotypes who can do no wrong and exist only to push the creator's sociopolitcal agenda.
>>
>>63848436
did you pay attention at all? she was obviously trained at some point or has some kind of wacky Force-related past
>>
>quits at an unknown point during his training
>he's a seasoned Jedi Knight you guys
>>
>>63848527
oh she was OBVIOUSLY trained at some point. was it when she was 5 in that part they didn't show us? maybe it was when her dad dumped in her mom's guts and he did a bit of force hockey to put a psychic motivator in his baby batter that magically birthed inside of Rey's brain at the right time.
>>
>Starkiller Base's weapon accurately splits off into multi beams with no further assistance to hit multiple targets square on in the vastness of space.

>Han Solo somehow pulls out of light speed the exact moment before hitting the ground.

>There was no sense of journey. Anywhere they wanted to go in Lightspeed happened almost instantly. No waiting on the ships leisure areas while time passed.

>Despite Kylo having hax level force powers (like being able to stop a laser bolt in the air), he fucks around in a sword fight with Finn for no raisin instead of just force fucking him.

>Phasma does jack all of shit

>Finn goes too much back and forth between funny guy, and PTSD. Choose one or the other, Disney.

>R2 only wakes up if Luke is closeby. Why fuck did R2 even wake up from his sadcoma if Luke was nowhere nearby? Was there some sort of trigger for it to happen we don't know about? Otherwise he just conveniently wakes up for no raisin to progress plot.

>No background on First Order, how they spawned from the Empire, or what the Republic/Galaxies reaction to them are.

>Literally re-making ANH and selling it as a new movie.

There were other small things.

But I still liked the movie.
>>
I didn't have a problem with Rey beating Kylo in the forest. He was practically bleeding to death and looked emotionally conflicted and unfocused.

Mind trick was some bullshit though.
>>
>>63848621
yes? either that or maybe the flashbacks are just a distraction so the reptile jews can brainwash you easier
>>
>>63831144
Am I the only one who really gets irritated with J.J. Abrahm's directing style? The man seem to have no conception of how to tell a simple, dynamic cinematic stories. The big action sequences felt like they were directed by a robot following an algorithm. I don't know about anybody else, but the audience I saw this with was by and large bored to death.
>>
>>63848688
>>Starkiller Base's weapon accurately splits off into multi beams with no further assistance to hit multiple targets square on in the vastness of space.
not at all unreasonable
>>
File: hero time.jpg (41 KB, 424x283) Image search: [Google]
hero time.jpg
41 KB, 424x283
It's just bland shit. It sucked every ounce of cheer i've been building up for holiday.
There wasn't even any good memes.
>>
>>63848742
jar jar and the rats fucked up star wars for good, didn't they? fucking can't believe how reptilian those fuckers are. and people are literally telling me i'm threatened by a girl hero. fuck me, we're all doomed. the kikes fucked up literally everything. a gang of mudslimes rapes a little girl and they get probation because they were confused because the girl didn't have a male escort? fucking jews man. it's now a crime to hate mudslime migration. it's now even a crime to hate the force awakens. what the actual fuck is going on.
>>
>>63848792
I guess it's not worth worrying about anyways, seeing as how Starkiller base is gone forever now.

Until movie Episode 9, where they build another one. .
>>
File: image.png (4 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
image.png
4 KB, 250x250
why the fuck did Leia hug Rey instead of Chewie
>>
>>63848688
it's Christmas and you just got a new toy. it's a shitty toy and the one you had like it a few years before was infinitely better than it is but it's still new and it has that new toy smell. when the shine wears off you're going to really hate it though.
>>
>>63840929
Most of the questions in here could be answered if people actually paid attention to the movie.
>>
>>63848984
The same Reason Kirk Scotty and old Spock all ended up on the same moon.
>>
>>63848994
I think I like BB-8 too much to ever hate Episode 7.

Best main character.
>>
A thing that bugged me and that I haven't really seen anybody mention is: Why did they try to blow up the rebel planet when they needed the piece of the map the droid had?

Were they that afraid of the rebels finding Luke first (which shouldn't have happened without R2 waking up for no reasons)?
>>
>>63848688
Haven't you ever seen a mirv?
>>
>>63849091
Why are they so scared of Luke anyway?

he's old and its not like Rey even needed a Jedi to teach her force shit
>>
>>63843273
>- Plothole, battle of the starkiller: Why didn't the resistance gather intel?

They didn't have time. The Starkiller was powering up again.
>>
>>63848097
hey, remember when luke was amazing with the force and could do mind tricks and other cool shit with zero training in a new hope?

oh wait
>>
>>63836640
There are some Jedi who can touch an item and gain premonitions and info. Rey being able to do that is not unbelievable.
>>
>>63848984
This bugged me more than anything. I was getting ready to tear up at seeing the grief of the two people closest to Han, but nope, Leia and Rey hug each other like they've been buds for ages.
>>
>Poe has mission to find Luke
>But Poe dies so Fin takes up the mission, ok fair enough.
>But Poe actually survives and the guy who was given the main mission driving the plot is now relegated to a cameo role.

Wow great writing.
>>
>>63848688
r2 Woke up because Mary Sue arrived on planet. She's luke's daughter, and he programmed R2 to bring her in, confident that the force would guide her to the droid.
>>
>>63849567
if she was luke's daughter they woulda revealed that at the end of the movie

If the next movie opens with that it would be really weird.
>>
>>63849628
Ren was revealed as Solo's son with 0 buildup so its not that unlikely.
>>
>>63849048
Rey being a Mary Sue and Finn a waste of time, and Han used and thrown aside and Ren a bit too edgy for no good reason...BB-8 was actually quite nice.
>>
>>63850600
It would be nice to know why Ren was so off kilter. You'd think everyone would have been able to stop that shit early.

And he would of had a very loving enviroment, so it feels like him fucking up is mostly all his fault.

Did he hit a wall in Jedi training, and took the easy path through the dark side?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 38

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.