[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Finn was the best character in the movie. Search your feelings,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 8
File: finn.jpg (18 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
finn.jpg
18 KB, 540x540
Finn was the best character in the movie.

Search your feelings, you know it to be true.
>>
>>63829621
not really and i dont understand why he's so attached to rey after only knowing her for 15 minutes

all the new characters and the relationships between them feel so forced especially the pilot and finn
>>
>>63829621
Every scene he's in is gold. He plays well off of everyone. He has great scenes with Rey, Han, Chewy, Poe, BB-8, Kylo and Phasma. And he's got some of the best dramatic, action and comedic moments.
>>
He was great. Him and po are bro tier
>>
I liked all three, they are better than OT's characters.
>>
>>63829621
nah
>>
>>63830095
Yeah, Poe, Finn and BB8 were pretty good.
>>
>>63829655
they blatantly say that nobody's ever cared about him in quite the way she did, i think he says something about the way she looked at him was full of compassion or something to that effect. like all over elements of character development, it was rushed because they had to do too many things.
>>
>>63829655
I want to say it's because of his harsh upbringing as a Stormtrooper. Considering his heart of gold he was probably seen as the runt of his unit growing up and got picked on a lot. So you have Rey who's probably the first person to give him proper respect he's going to be a little attached.
>>
>>63829621
He was irrelevant tbqh
And I thought he was going to be the lead turns out hes just another bad comedic relief

could have been better without him
>>
>>63830101
>BB-8
>BB = Big Black
>8 is short for 8-ball, a reference to blacks

Why is this full of SJW propaganda?
>>
File: 1438946411962.gif (607 KB, 800x792) Image search: [Google]
1438946411962.gif
607 KB, 800x792
>>63829621
>goes from "I can't stand war, the cruelty of it all.. it's just not right" to killing many dozens of his former comrades he spent all his former life with too soon
>mainly there for comic relief
>too many scenes with stupid ghetto lines

He was okay but nothing special

WOOO
>>
File: image.jpg (80 KB, 960x635) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
80 KB, 960x635
>>63829621
Rey is my favorite because I don't think girls have cooties
>>
>>63830186
She is so perfect! I love how she has no flaws and can do ANYTHING. Finally us girls get a representative.. we can be jedi too. See boys? :3
>>
Finn: Can you fly a TIE Fighter?
Poe Dameron: I can fly anything.
>>
This thread,I loled
>>
>>63829621
I liked Darth Whinge (or whatever is name is) the best, DESU. His arc was more intersting from a human drama-perspective.
>>
>>63830220
She has Anakin's blood but Luke's heart
>>
>>63829655
It's the will of the Force.
>>
>>63829655
I dunno family but I wanted to fuck Rey from the first minute on, would love to breed her desu
>>
>>63829655
what if Finn is still a virgin and had no friends?
>>
Finn > Kylo > Han > Poe > Snoke > BB8 > Chewie > Hux > Maz > Phasma > Leia > That guy in the rations stall > That guy on the robot rhino on Jakku > Luke > That stormtrooper who gets shot by Chewie when they enter Starkiller > That stormtrooper who fences with Finn > Rey

I'd like to put Poe higher, but he was barely in it, sad because everything he was in was gold.
>>
>>63829621
He definitely was character before he met Ray.
>>
File: 1447744591896.gif (617 KB, 664x550) Image search: [Google]
1447744591896.gif
617 KB, 664x550
>>63830403
TREASON trooper that low. Shit taste, senpai.
>>
>>63830451
I didn't like how he randomly carried around some giant anti-lightsaber mace thing.
>>
>>63830403
>Kylo anything but complete garbage tier
>waifu on lowest tier
lmao shit list
>>
>>63830220
So, literally the same as Anakin in Episode 1?
>>
>>63829621
Finn was really good, and I'm glad to see that /tv/ got btfo.
Kylo Ren is my favourite of the new characters though. I can't wait to see what they do with him in the EP.VIII
>>
>>63830478
>she's a girl I'd fuck (I'd fuck pretty much 99.9% of all women though if they'd let me desu) so she's a great character!
>>
>>63830470

They probably have at least one dedicated trooper with anti-lightsaber gear per platoon.

Just like how you have one guy carry anti tank rockets just in case you run into a tank.
>>
>>63830514
Not at all? Are you retarded?

How is Anakin in EP 1 a flawless character? He has many flaws in his personality.

Holy shit you are stupid.
>>
>>63830514
Anakin drove pods and it took him a while to even get good at that. he was in a fighter that was on remote wire too the battle and used his force ability to avoid obstacles to avoid every shot fired at him and that's an ability he learned, gingerly, using pod racing on the desert world, and even that took years and the wrecking of several pods until he developed the Jedi sense to avoid obstacles.

if you'd remember his mother said he crashed often and every successive race he was in she was in fear for him because he crashed pods often.

Mary Sue however was a scavenger and suddenly, she's good at everything whereas Anakin was touted as having several trial and errors until he mastered pod racing and developed his force sense accordingly.
>>
File: sw3-jpeg[1].jpg (234 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
sw3-jpeg[1].jpg
234 KB, 600x900
>>63829621

The actual best character in the movie.

Finn's acting was good. His motivations made no sense, but that's not Boyega's fault.
>>
>>63830539
Why? Jedi are basically gone.

You don't carry around anti-colonial line infantry equipment.
>>
>>63830539
>Luke is the only jedi in the whole galaxy
>LISTEN UP I WANT AN ANTI-JEDI GUY WITH A SPECIFIC WEAPON IN EVERY PLATOON
>>
>>63830528
she's not just that she's a waifu you idiot
>>
>best character
>i've been brain washed since i was a child but now i'm jumping ship and developing a full persona some how
>QUIP LINE LINE LINE QUIP!
When are you going to go back to /b/, /v/ or /co/ you cinematically illiterate mongoloid?
>>
>>63830597
>I'm like a space nazi guys, you'll hate me!

BRAVO JJ
APPEALING TO AMERICANS BY JUST MAKING THE FIRST ORDER LE SPACE THIRD REICH

The entire speech scene with the salute was so nazi
>>
>>63829655
He had no family or friends. It's easy to be attached and fall in love with the first "normal" gay to give you attention.
>>
Finn WAS the best character. It actually surprised me.
>>
>>63829655
>why he's so attached to rey after only knowing her for 15 minutes

She's the first white girl he's ever seen in his life.
>>
>>63829655
Because his prime directive is to inseminate as many white women as possible.
>>
File: binky.gif (32 KB, 607x426) Image search: [Google]
binky.gif
32 KB, 607x426
>>63829621
Yeah, I would say Dameron Poe, but he was only in the movie for a few minutes. I'm a racist that's what's so insane about this.
>>
>>63830659
WE WUZ JANITOR N SHIT WOOO

Do you think sometimes when he was cleaning up the poo poo of other troopers he found a really big turd and shouted "HOLY SHIT THIS ONE'S MASSIVE WOOOO"
>>
>>63829621
Poe wasn't bad either but he didn't get enough screen time
>>
>>63829621

A good actor and a good character, even if he has an ugly mug.
>>
>>63830705
Poe passes as white for me
>>
>>63830660
I bet the only other girl he know was Phasma, and she pegged him after every drill.
>>
>>63830597

His speech was a particular highlight, the rest of the time he was too cartooney.
>>
>>63830737
I'm saying that Finn was my fav
>>
>>63830766
>the speech where he's a cartoon version of Göbbels wasn't cartooney
Wew lad
>>
>>63830576
Is it that big of a stretch that she did local jobs as a pilot occasionally? She just never left her Jakku's solar system in case she missed her family.
>>
>>63830817
It's quite the stretch.

She didn't do shit except steal old junk or suck the odd alien cock for food
>>
>>63829621
>>63829621
I keep expecting han solo from him but all I got was chewie and a shitty one at that.

I don't think his connection with rey merits enough for him to be part of the movie. he really is just a random stormtrooper that chickend out.
>>
>Poe and Finn*
ftfy fami
They will become total bros in the saga
>>
>>63830613
>>63830601
Can never be too sure, I guess. Luke was training more jedi, and he could start again at any time.
>>
>>63829655
Have any of you guys so say stupid shit like this EVER actually watched ANH?

MY GOD.

Luke doesn't even mourn the people who raised him.

Leia doesn't even mourn HER WHOLE PLANET, she sees Luke and cracks a joke.

Luke mourns Obi-Wan like he just lost his Grandfather after spending 15 minutes with him.

The emotional connections depicted in TFA are competent, especially compared to most of the OT. You can't see it if you don't take your nostalgia goggles off.
>>
>>63830539
It's an energy deflecting weapon. Do you think those droid guards on Grievous' ship had staffs ONLY for Jedi?
>>
>>63829621
He has to be the new Jedi, not Rey
>>
File: star-wars-premiere-1.jpg (2 MB, 1994x3000) Image search: [Google]
star-wars-premiere-1.jpg
2 MB, 1994x3000
He a great character because he bring diversity not just to the cast, but the audience.
>>
>>63830539
>taliban has no tanks
>US troops still carry anti tank missiles

Not being prepared for any possible threat that could arise is bad military.
>>
>>63831131

>toes not didney shill guyz
>>
>>63831534
This is more on the level of preparing each squad of infantry for dealing with a taliban carrier than a tank.
>>
>>63829621
Bumbling idiot damsel in distress tbhfam
>>
>>63829621
That's not saying much
>>
>>63829621
Of course he was, the whole plot revolves around his choice. If he never saves Poe, BB-8 is a sitting duck on Jakku and the First Order captures him and likely kills Rey. If not for his knowledge of the Starkiller the rebellion never finds a way to destroy and it the galaxy is lost. He may not have been involved with all the force shit but he was the catalyst for everything.
>>
>>63830566
Little boy destroys big-ass droid base while a fleet of Naboo pilots cant, NOT MARY SUE AT ALL.
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.