[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>there is already meme masters saying that TFA is worse than
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 16
File: large.jpg (32 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
32 KB, 500x281
>there is already meme masters saying that TFA is worse than revenge of the shit
Embarrassing.
>>
>>63826582
a glib facsimile
>>
>>63826582
isn't it?
>>
>>63826639
it isn't
just because we love it as the supreme meme movie doesn't make it good
>>
File: 1447923042037.jpg (84 KB, 328x307) Image search: [Google]
1447923042037.jpg
84 KB, 328x307
>>63826582

>ANH 2.0 is better Revenge of the Sheev
>>
>>63826582
It is, though.

>literal copypaste of ANH with affirmative action casting and le grrl power meme jedi
>somehow better than an honest but failed attempt at a new star wars trilogy

Jar Jar Abrams pls go
>>
>Ep 1: 5/10
>Ep 2: 4/10
>Ep 3: 6/10
>Ep 4: 8/10
>Ep 5: 9/10
>Ep 6: 7/10
>Ep 7: 6.5/10

This is the only true and correct ranking.
>>
RotS was literally 50% shit dialogue, 49% drawn out cgi fights and 1% memes.

Memes were the only good part
>>
>>63826812
>>literal copypaste of ANH
stop parroting what you read on the internet
it is not a copy of ANH
>>
>>63826582

Actually Episode III was in fact, unironically, better than TFA.

TFA was an underwhelming piece of junk

Tell me: Was there any memorable music
Tell me: Were there any memorable fights (fuck off w/ the space figtht, there was no tension, we all knew death star III would blow up and the lightsaber fight stinked - literally lunging forward was a legit move)

ROTS had some of the best and most memorable moments in the saga.
>>
>>63826943
>Tell me: Was there any memorable music
Rey's theme

>Tell me: Were there any memorable fights
Kylo vs Finn and Rey
>>
>>63826973
It's only memorable because of how absurd it is

>guy with no apparent Force affinity not accidentally killing himself trying to fight with a lightsaber
>girl who just learned what the Force is and has no training holding her own against a guy with literally decades of apprenticeship

Say whatever you want about Kylo not being a true Sith yet, he is overtly stated to have more experience than Rey. He destroyed Luke's Jedi Academy FFS. I don't care if he was injured, it shouldn't matter when he's been training for years and Rey literally never touched a lightsaber before that fucking day

Rey is a meme character designed to pander to women, she makes no sense in the context of the SW universe
>>
>>63826973
>Rey's theme

Literally already forgot about that

>Kylo vs Finn and Rey

Yeh, it's quite memorable that FInn, who got destroyed by based TRAITOR trooper managed to hold his own against Kylo Ren got fucking sliced across the spine and lived and then Rey somehow became a master jedi in 2 seconds of closing her eyes.

The fight itself...all I remember was Rey stabbing forward like a bitch and Kylo not slicing her head off.
>>
>>63826973
>Rey's theme

Haha I didn't even notice that shit. Not even on par with Attack of the Heroes
>>
>>63827117
>It's only memorable because of how absurd it is
suck my dick, you asked me if there was any memorable fights, I said one, now
>I-iT's memorable because it's absurd!!!!
gag on my fucking dick
>>
>>63827145

It was honestly worse than when kid Anakin managed to accidentally destroy a star destroyer in TPM. Rey shouldn't have been anyone near him
>>
>>63827145
>can't make a counterargument
>s-suck my dick

admit it, the fight is shit and makes zero sense
>>
>>63827167
kid Anakin was already established as a good pilot due to the pod race

how hard do you think it would be for a kid who can already fly to figure out that a button on a joystick fires the weapons?
>>
File: Return_of_the_Jedi_Final_Scene.jpg (111 KB, 1214x538) Image search: [Google]
Return_of_the_Jedi_Final_Scene.jpg
111 KB, 1214x538
>>63826582

But revenge of the sith is literally worse then the force awakens. At least it doesn't ruin pic related like force awakens. The force awakens retcons away the defeat of the empire, the destruction of the sith, the celebration, and the fact that the main characters were together as a family. Luke is made into a hermit so he can be shoved into Yoda's role which doesn't fit his character in the original trilogy. He was always more active then Yoda who was the hermit.
>>
File: mediocre.png (117 KB, 245x245) Image search: [Google]
mediocre.png
117 KB, 245x245
>>63826582
TFA was a mediocre flick
>>
>>63826943
>fuck off w/ the space figtht, there was no tension, we all knew death star III would blow up and the lightsaber fight stinked - literally lunging forward was a legit move

I beg to differ. The air/space fights were some of the best I've seen in a movie. They were fast paced and focused, you could literally feel the speed while watching them, which is amazing considering this is how you felt watching the space fights in the original trilogy. That shit in 3D is off the hook.

The lightsaber fights in the original trilogy weren't a big deal either. You would think Obi-Wan vs Vader would've been a great fight but it's just them checking swords over and over until Obi literally let's Vader win. On episode V they're a bit more elaborate, but nothing much either. The last scene in episode VI has the most elaborate choreography out of the three, but there's still nothing much to it. Hate the prequels as much as you want, but they set a new standard for lightsaber fights, bringing a distinct for to Jedi swordfighting. If I'm not mistaken, Star Wars is a cyclical saga, and of course Rey isn't really trained and neither is Kylo Ren. It fits nicely with the context of the movie. If they had started doing some master level Jedi shit I would've been pissed. Now, if Rey receives training from Luke and Ren receives more training from the big ayyy, future lightsaber fights are bound to have some crazy shit going on.
>>
feelsbadman.jpg

ALL I WANTED WAS EPIC LIGHTSABER FIGHTS AND OT STORYSTYLE

WHY CAN'T WE TAKE THE BEST OF BOTH WORLDS

FCK ABRHAMS
>>
>>63827234
>I beg to differ. The air/space fights were some of the best I've seen in a movie

I agree that the space fights were not bad, except for the fact it was only just fucking X-wings against fucking Tie-fighters and shit. There was no star destroyer rekking shit and the resistance was 10 fucking x-wings vs the 10 tie fighters of the fucking empi-I mean first order.
>>
>>63827291
Yeah, but it makes sense that the First Order doesn't have any star destroyers with it being the remains of the Empire. And it clearly shows how the Resistance loses most of its fleet when Death Star III recks shit.

But yeah, star destroyers and shit would've been great. I expect to see that in the coming movies.
>>
>>63827388
They did have a Star Destroyer.

And again, 10 fucking x-wings vs 10 fucking tie-fighters?

Seriously, that was underwhelming as fuck. Even EP IV's end had more.
>>
>>63827475
>And again, 10 fucking x-wings vs 10 fucking tie-fighters?
>Seriously, that was underwhelming as fuck

>it's so dense every single scene has so much going on, is not a meme
>he actually wants that
George, please go.
>>
Let's be honest, The Phantom Menace is ten times better than TFA, prequels are massively underrated because of quirky redditors "le prequels are bad mmmkay epic maymay", Lucas is a fantastic director and a real human being, try to watch Red Tails if you want to see a good war movie. Hating on Lucas or prequels is literally reddit-tier
>>
>>63827388
>it makes sense that the First Order doesn't have any star destroyers
it literally makes no sense at all though

regular TIEs don't have hyperdrives

plus, if they have the resources to build Not the Third Death Star, why would they not have Destroyers?

The Imperial Remnant in the real canon has plenty of Destroyers because it wasn't all of the Imperial Fleet at the Battle of Endor. They had other Super Destroyers and many many more Imperial-class Destroyers left.

>>63827568
the prequels are still bad, they were just a more sincere attempt at new Star Wars movies and didn't play it safe the way Jar Jar Abrams did with TFA

the execution and presentation of TFA is definitely better but it's just a lazy copypaste
>>
>>63827506
>he actually wants that

No, I want a fight between two galaxy superpowers to have more than 20 participants.
>>
File: welpimout.gif (748 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
welpimout.gif
748 KB, 640x480
>>63827720
the fact that TFA doesn't have the New Republic is stupid

there's no New Republic, yet we're somehow supposed to care about Coruscant being destroyed
>>
File: giphy.gif (2 MB, 438x363) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
2 MB, 438x363
>>
>>63827568
>>63827682

I think it really boils down to what you value more. Do you value and original and sincere attempt at a new and fresh story that falls flat in terms of the technical aspects of the film? Or do you value a far less original, more copypasted film that is still ultimately better in its execution?

I would say I value the former more than the latter because even if a movie tries to be original but is flawed in the technical aspects, it at least expands the horizons for later filmmaker or storytellers who are better at the execution part.
>>
>>63827568

> people trying to make liking the fucking prequels a 4chan contrarian standard

literally kill yourself senpai
>>
>>63827743
>quick Jew Jew we need to copy Star Wars
>but the empire was beaten and it can't be a "rebellion" any more
>I KNOW
>we imply a new republic was formed and then destroy it in a 1 second scene
>it also has the added benefit of being the same fucking scene as the one in ANH
>>
>>63828104

>there are people who praise this garbage
>>
File: consider.gif (500 KB, 500x374) Image search: [Google]
consider.gif
500 KB, 500x374
>>63827878
I would say I value the more original and sincere attempt even if the execution was worse.

Basically, this movie didn't need to be made and there were already plenty of opportunities to tell new stories through comics, vidya, novels, TV series, etc. We didn't need a new Star Wars movie for any reason other than "Jews want money"

TFA is really only better in terms of technical pacing, it doesn't really do a better job at storytelling because there are so many things that don't make sense

>why would the New Republic be fine for 30 years and suddenly the Imperial Remnant/"First Order" has a third Death Star out of nowhere?
>why would there be a "Resistance" when the New Republic had already been established?
>why is there so little explanation of what everyone's been doing for the last 30 years?
>why are so many established guidelines of how the Force and its wielders work being broken in this film?

etc, etc

Not even midichlorians fuck up the context of the Force the way Rey does.
>>
>>63827743
>>63828104
>>63828298
Er, I guess it wasn't Coruscant but rather "Hosnian Prime," some place they just made up for Jew Jew's shitty movie
>>
>>63829331

DIsney probably felt they needed to make something that could make enough of a quick return on their investment.
>>
File: killme.png (26 KB, 245x149) Image search: [Google]
killme.png
26 KB, 245x149
>>63829776
Right, and it shows.

>go to Wookieepedia
>no information about anything between RotJ and TFA in the timeline
>because there isn't any thanks to Disney erasing the entire New Republic era

They could've done a whole trilogy with the Thrawn crisis and Shadowhand and now that'll never happen because none of that shit is canon
>>
reminder that poe and finn had a better on screen friendship than obiwan and anakin and their escape was far more entertaining than the 30 min EPIC FOR THE WIN duel
>>
>>63829849
I'm not sure about this, but I suspect the main reason Disney didn't use the EU settings and characters was because they didn't have the movie rights and those rights belongs to the writer or some other company.
It's less of a problem for Disney to make original content/donut steel than to get sued for every fucking EU planet and character.
>>
>>63829948
Also, residuals and shit.
>>
>>63829849

It's funny because Disney still seems to consider The Clone Wars canon, despite the reliance of that series on Expanded Universe elements that tickled both George Lucas and Dave Filoni's fancy (I don't know how much of the EU is influencing the current direction of Rebels cause I haven't watched it).

It feels to me like Disney doesn't even have a real timeline of its own. It's just arbitrarily choosing shit it wants to wipe out or keep. In this case, it saw potential in an Episode VII, so it wiped all the post-ROTJ lore, but its tossing out the canon seems focused on that particular point in time. All the other stuff only got thrown out by its association because there are a lot of elements of the post-ROTJ canon that tie into the pre-ANH and pre-TPM canon or the Shadows of the Empire saga. But you could say something like Tales of the Jedi is less non-canon at this point than New Jedi Order or Legacy of the Force. I find that just a little more insulting and it's no wonder some people are still confused as to what is or is not canon. I get the feeling that Disney is just kind of hoping nobody really notices that they don't even really have a canon.
>>
File: 1436110954998.jpg (108 KB, 360x452) Image search: [Google]
1436110954998.jpg
108 KB, 360x452
>>63826582
>thinks it's a meme
>>
>>63829948
>>63829985

I'm not sure how that shit works, but it's the only way to really make sense of how they can come up with a story for Episode VII that features Han and Leia's son falling to the dark side after having been trained by Luke when, you know, the Expanded Universe already did that, and not even think to just call him Jacen Solo, even though technically Disney now owns Jacen Solo's stories.

Of course the other explanation is that Abrams wrote the script, was unaware of the Jacen character and Disney just decided "eh, no problem, we'll just phase that stuff out."
>>
Revenge Of The Sith was godawful.
>>
>>63826973
The fight at Maz's bar was top notch. Who doesn't love Traitor Trooper?
>>
>people going so far to shit on TFA they're saying the prequels are good now

You're all contrarian for its own sake.
>>
>>63829849
>>63829948
>>63830322
It should also be noted that at this point in the pre-Disney timeline, 30 years after the Battle of Endor, is when the Yuuzhan Vong showed up

For anyone unawares, they were basically like the Borg from Star Trek, but undead creepy space vampires instead of cyborgs

I dare you to tell me this wouldn't have been 1000 times cooler than what we got:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/New_Jedi_Order_era
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Yuuzhan_Vong_War

>Yuuzhan Vong are totally immune to and separate from the Force
>have ships which are partially organic in nature, view technology as blasphemy, come from another galaxy with the aim of assimilating everything
>>
>>63826869
7 is 1% memes, 99% glib facsimiles.
>>
>>63829331
I agree with you. It had too much pandering to nostalgia and little originality. It felt like a cash grab t.b.h.
>>
File: Edg Edge n Edgy.jpg (98 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
Edg Edge n Edgy.jpg
98 KB, 600x450
>>63830967
>>
File: KyloRen.gif (981 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
KyloRen.gif
981 KB, 500x281
>>63831172
oh yeah, because the autistic nerd from Grandma's Boy as the new villain is so much better
>>
>>63831311
>The Autistic Nerd knew about the Vong coming.
>The Autistic Nerd was culling planets with Vong infiltrators.
>Soon, Not!Admiral Thrawn comes to save the Galaxy... from the Rebels, and the Vong.
>>
File: Sheev's future.jpg (78 KB, 627x719) Image search: [Google]
Sheev's future.jpg
78 KB, 627x719
>>63831425
The Autistic Nerd did nothing, Supreme Leader Snoke inherited Sheev's will to protect the galaxy with the First Order after the New Republic returned to the pre-Clone Wars level and dismantled their military.
>>
>>63830967

A lot of people shit on the Yuuzhan Vong war, unfortunately, and if there's any reason why some people are happy about the EU getting trashed, it's their hatred of the Yuuzhan Vong arc.

But not too long ago I started to get over it and realize that the Yuuzhan Vong invasion was actually a pretty good change of pace. One thing I hated at first was their "being outside the Force" which I thought was stupid and just there to make them unnecessarily more invincible, but then when I later learned how they explained that, I thought it was great and definitely tied into how the Force was understood in other parts of the canon. I also think the explanation for their hatred of droids was good.

And when I think about it, I'd rather see Chewie die while roaring at a crashing moon than see Han stabbed by his bitch boy son who looks like that one kid who ran off to Syria to join ISIS
>>
File: InvasionYuuzhanVong.jpg (154 KB, 793x518) Image search: [Google]
InvasionYuuzhanVong.jpg
154 KB, 793x518
>>63830967
>For anyone unawares, they were basically like the Borg from Star Trek, but undead creepy space vampires instead of cyborgs

Oh, also, they weren't undead, they just had a humanoid skeletal look and self-mutilated themselves .

The Yuuzhan Vong believed that their gods sacrificed their bodies to create the universe, so they ritually mutilated themselves and grafted body parts on themselves as a kind of religious experience because the gods gave life to the universe through pain and sacrifice, so the Yuuzhan Vong sought to emulate them. That's also why they'd get all asspained when characters in the books called them "Vong" since the name Yuuzhan came from the chief of their gods.

It's also part of the reason they hated droids, besides the fact that their galaxy was once terrorized by two droid species that later migrated to the main Star Wars galaxy.
>>
File: mcfucking_kill_yourself.jpg (51 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
mcfucking_kill_yourself.jpg
51 KB, 256x256
>>63830673
>le contrarian maymay

people said this when the prequels were still coming out and now they're almost universally hated

no one who actually likes Star Wars as an IP could actually like this piece of shit movie
>>
>>63832908

I don't doubt the Marvel movie crowd will probably like it.

And I have a Star Wars fan friend who at least admits it's "not bad." But it feels to me like the problem is probably that it's technically sound in the sense that it follows a good, sound formula, but kinda shitty in that it monkeys up the lore and is void of much depth.
>>
>>63826872
Kek, you haven't even seen it have you.
>>
File: ree.gif (848 KB, 665x662) Image search: [Google]
ree.gif
848 KB, 665x662
>>63831861
>huge selection of new topics, enemies, and political affiliations and rivalries
>let's just erase it to rehash shit that's already been done

FUCK DISNEY AND FUCK LUCAS
>>
>>63833414

>let's wipe out the EU
>JUST TO MAKE HALF ASSED COPIES OF IT ANYWAY

Is Disney run by madmen?
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.