[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jedi Mind tricks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 5
File: download (1).jpg (7 KB, 236x213) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
7 KB, 236x213
>You will Unchain me
>wut you say bitch?!
>you will unchain me
>uhh ok

Ok star wars fan's explain this to me.

I thought it was 'harder' to mind control someone if their angry/agressive to you because their mind is focused, this is not a factor?

This scene kinda didn't make sense to me.
>>
>>63823703
How would you even know mind tricking was a thing? Like it's the most random power to suddenly "know" Wouldn't you just assume it didn't need a verbal command and attempt to do it with your mind like all the other force powers? I think I would've preferred if she just fucking called him over and used force lightning or a push or something.
>>
>>63823805
She's heard of the Luke Skywalker legend. She's probably heard of mind control.
>>
>>63823703
a glib facsimile
>>
>>63823805
Rey was part of Luke's Jedi academy before being brought to Jakku and mind-wiped. When Kylo tried to use Force to read her mind he unlocked her Force powers again.
>>
>>63823900
I almost thought it was working both ways in that scene like while he was reading her mind, she was reading his.
>>
File: Daniel Craig typical picture.jpg (12 KB, 416x300) Image search: [Google]
Daniel Craig typical picture.jpg
12 KB, 416x300
>You will release my restraints.
>I'm going to tighten those restraints.

Still got it, danny boy.
>>
>>63823805
>How would you even know mind tricking was a thing?
She read Ben Solo's mind. Most of what she knows probably was stolen from him that way. Basically he accidentally taught her mind-reading when he connected his mind with hers. And then she stole as much as she could after that.
>>
>>63823914
>I almost thought it was working both ways in that scene like while he was reading her mind, she was reading his.
At the very least she read that he is afraid of being weaker than Vader. and as I say I suspect she read many other things too.
>>
>>63823914
A door, once opened, may be stepped through in either direction.
>>
>>63823703
It was retarded anon.

Now she might have unlocked super latent powers from either the lightsabre flashback or mind siphoned it from Kylo.

In which case it becomes even more retarded since Jedi now have anime-style power unlocking.
>>
Bad writing
>>
>>63823978
anyone who reads other people's emotions could read that one

but cool
>>
>>63824025
Thats how its been though mang. Grasping straws nigga. Its a space fairytale. Get your shit straight.
>>
>>63823805
Rey is Luke's daughter who got mindwiped for safety
>>
>>63824126
A rare skill on /tv/, let's be honest.
>>
>>63824025
Speaking of anime, the rate at which she progressed reminded me of how Broly was supposed to get stronger by the second. Kylo Ren even said a line that went something like "the longer she's escaped, the more powerful she'll become" or something.

Rey is The Legendary Jedi
>>
>>63823914
Except he failed to read her mind.
>>
>>63823805

I'm sure there are legends about Jedi having that power and how they use them, and she heard about them
>>
>>63824192
He didn't really. He only got a few glimpses.
>>
A
>>
File: genderswapped-rey.png (261 KB, 561x799) Image search: [Google]
genderswapped-rey.png
261 KB, 561x799
>>63824184
>>
>>63824270
Just you wait. Something's gonna flip her berserk button one of these films and she'll fly, have a "force aura", and pretty much do everything but fire ki.
>>
>>63824025
>force freeze lightning bolts
>mind control easiest shit to do.

I have to hand it to George Lucas that he showed some fucking constraint with this shit.
>>
>>63824395
when he first did it I thought it was more like he was pulling their blood into their head to cause extreme headaches but yeah I guess he did some mind reading shit as well
>>
I actually feeled like there can be so much prosaic explanations. My version is this:

She just encountered a situation where she used the force almost not knowingly, the force she heard about in child stories, myths and general history of her universe.

She is bound to an torture chair on board of an nazi ship of general Weasley and unstable mad dickhead. She is probably pretty desperate so she tries the only think she can, talk.

And since she just learned that the fairy tales were right, she might as well try that mind trick everyone is joking about.

The way it goes and works for her sort of confirmes this for me.

But I still dont really understand that force unlock in her, yes noone so far got powers this quickly apart from Kyle Katarn... And movie is named Awakening, Vader cosplayer talks about awakening with gollum. So what is it, is it just a phrase or actually some event that unlocked this in here? was it something that force itself decided to do? is it just her or are there other confused paranormals running around now? Was it Luke remotely triggering it by some of his shenanigans in some jedi temple? Is it valleyof the jedi variant? I wouldnt mind it actually.
>>
There's only a limited numer of Tricks that the Jedi and Sith can use:

Magnet Trick
Mind Trick
Spinning Trick
Point of View Trick
Pottery Trick (Vader is the nly one who was ever seen using this one, and he died from using it to kill Sheev)

That's it. 5 Tricks that can be used by themselves, one after another, in combo, etc.

Examples:

Backflips are Magnet+Spinning+Point of View

"This aren't the droids you are looking for" is Mind+Spinning (spinning the truth)

Shooting the reactor core is Magnet+Point of View

etc., etc.
>>
>>63824475
*6* not 5

I forgot the High Ground Trick

I'm a bad, bad Jedi.
>>
>>63823805
You use the force to open them to suggestion, then verbally suggest an action. Its not mind control, its hypnotism. You still need to issue a command.
>>
>>63823914
also his skill in this migh be just shit too. he always used it only against low force sensitive persons and in the moment he tries it with someone somewhat strong, hefails tragically and whines about it too.
>>
File: KnightsofRen.png (1 MB, 1917x817) Image search: [Google]
KnightsofRen.png
1 MB, 1917x817
>>63823900
>implying Rey wasn't a member of the Knights of Ren, who destroyed the new Jedi academy
>implying that isn't her here with the staff
>implying the only reason we don't know her surname is because it would be Rey Ren.
>>
>>63824727
>Rey Ren
sounds like that acid dude from Cube
>>
>>63824475
Actually each Jedi has a unique power that only they can use. It's similar to Stands in Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.
>>
Rey is Paul Muab'Dib

>knows their ways as if she were born to them
>expert fighter
>has command over the voice to control people
>can see visions and possesses the ability to use the ancient powers
>>
>>63824753
No, they don't. And no, it isn't.
>>
>>63823916
Smelly, dumb, scavenger scum
>>
I think Kylo Ren was portrayed as having a lot of raw power in the force but really crap control. Rey beat him by having equal or higher potential but much finer control. I do agree that there needs to be some kind of force training in her backstory or the sudden manifestation of powers is complete bullshit.

Also, let's not forget Ren got his hand cut off which is a clear sign he is the Chosen One TM.
>>
>>63823703
>people think the jedi mind trick worked
>not that the stormtrooper was actually an undercover agent
>implying it was a coincidence that Daniel Craig was the actor playing said stormtrooper

JAMES BOND FREED REY

Rey has been already trained before she was left on Jakku, like every jedi initiate, on having a connection to the Force. After that it's only a matter of doing it (as yoda says is TESB)
>>
>>63824813
>let's not forget Ren got his hand cut off
He didn't though.
>>
>>63824750
cube 2 hypercube is the best movie ever made
>>
>>63824762
spicin' on a nigguh
>>
File: Depth.png (47 KB, 1838x284) Image search: [Google]
Depth.png
47 KB, 1838x284
>>63824782
Please do not try to pretend you understand Star Wars if you don't get it at all.
>>
>>63824841
He got his left hand cut off in their fight dude.
>>
>>63824893
no he didn't dude.
>>
>>63824866
They're not Jedi/Sith Tricks. Han Solo used Spinning (WHILE BLIND) to defeat Boba Fett.
>>
>>63823703

Mind trick is literally one of the first jedi tricks a padawan learn as it works pretty well against idiots.

Ashoka uses it on the Clone Wars just like Rey, trying it fur die lulz.
>>
>>63824517
>I forgot the High Ground Trick

A long forgotten art, but they are one in the same.

From my point of view I have the high ground
>>
>Rey was trapped to an elevated platform when she used the Jedi powers
H I G H G R O U N D
>>
>>63823943
This is what I assumed.

I still think it's a bit of a stretch for her to know everything, but everything she knows so far was probably taken from touching Anakin's lightsaber and Ren trying to read her mind and fucking up.

It's bullshit how she powered up so much and got it right so quickly, but it's not like there isn't some kind of precedent for her to learn of certain things.
>>
>>63823703
a glib facsimile
>>
>>63823986
Hello fellow /who/ fag
>>
>>63823703

MARY
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.