[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Things I hated: We join the film after much of the plot has
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: shit movie.jpg (123 KB, 1200x600) Image search: [Google]
shit movie.jpg
123 KB, 1200x600
Things I hated:

We join the film after much of the plot has already occurred, which is then relayed to the audience via Nolan-tier expository dialog.

Revealing that Kylo Ren is the son of Han and Leia halfway into the film as a “twist” serves no purpose. In Ep V when Vader reveals he is Luke’s father to Luke, it’s a twist to both Luke and the audience. Kylo’s identity was already know by the film’s characters, so withholding it from the audience until later is a contrived plot device,.

Shit CGI on Snoke and orange lady.

Snoke’s cheesy angry face and deep angry bad guy voice.

Saw Han Solo’s death coming from a mile away, and it was also anticlimactic.

Tentacle monster kills everyone except (conveniently) for the main character.

Kylo Ren’s reveal was lacklustre - he just walks out of the ship.

Death Star 3.0’s reveal was lacklustre - it’s just shown. No backstory, no “Oh ghee how did we miss that giant thing”.

The film glosses over how exactly Death Star 3.0 can be destroyed. “Just fly down there and see what happens”. Then in the blink of an eye it blows up for some reason.

At least the bad guy is played by Kassem G.

4/10
>>
>>63822899
a glib facsimile
>>
>>63822899

this shit sounds so fucking glib
>>
>>63822899
>4/10
that's a bit generous but alright
>>
>>63822899
>Revealing that Kylo Ren is the son of Han and Leia halfway into the film as a “twist” serves no purpose. In Ep V when Vader reveals he is Luke’s father to Luke, it’s a twist to both Luke and the audience. Kylo’s identity was already know by the film’s characters, so withholding it from the audience until later is a contrived plot device,.
I didn't think they portrayed it as a twist. It just hadn't come up until then. They didn't even have a dramatic reveal on a bridge, it was mentioned rather offhandedly.
>Shit CGI on Snoke and orange lady.
Agreed
>Tentacle monster kills everyone except (conveniently) for the main character.
What Star Wars movie didn't this happen in?
>Kylo Ren’s reveal was lacklustre - he just walks out of the ship.
This served to characterize Ren as a superficial emulation of Darth Vader. It was just like the scene where Darth Vader walks out - except with none of the suspense. Just as Ren is Darth Vader without any of the suspense.
>Death Star 3.0’s reveal was lacklustre - it’s just shown. No backstory, no “Oh ghee how did we miss that giant thing”.
Agreed
>The film glosses over how exactly Death Star 3.0 can be destroyed. “Just fly down there and see what happens”. Then in the blink of an eye it blows up for some reason.
Its structural integrity is weak, especially compared to the Death Star which required several gos and ultimately Luke's force sensitivity to finally bring it down. This too plays into the Ren/Vader First Order/Empire dynamic. Like Ren does Vader, Starkiller demonstrates more power than the Death Star. However, also like Ren, it's fundamentally weak and can be taken down fairly easily, despite being more powerful. It and Ren are indicative of the First Order's desire to surpass the Empire, but failing in the rudimentary structure which made it so powerful.
>>
>>63822899
>via Nolan-tier expository dialog.
The vast majority of people are complaining about what wasn't explained. The lack of context is the number one criticism of the film. If anything, there's too little exposition.

>Revealing that Kylo Ren is the son of Han and Leia halfway into the film as a “twist” serves no purpose
It wasn't a twist. It was revealed in the middle of some dialogue without any musical fanfare.
>>
I just don't understand why Snoke had to be CGI

The film was doing so well with the lack of shit tier CGI until that point
>>
>>63824452
i would fucking give that shit of a movie, a 2/10. episode 3 was done poorly but it was MILES BETTER than this fucking mess. I WANT MY FUCKING MONEY BACK! should have waited for torrents. fuck!
>>
>>63824747
It was a fucking hologram. Should they have just used a real hologram? Completely change the story to not use a hologram so it makes you feel better? There will be a reason for it
>>
>>63822899
>We join the film after much of the plot has already occurred, which is then relayed to the audience via Nolan-tier expository dialog.
you must have hated a new hope too
>>
>>63822899
ä glib facsimile
>>
Has anyone noticed a trend with a lot of people that liked the movie?

They'll say, " I thought it was great, but here's the long list of everything that was wrong with it.... 8/10"
>>
why is /tv/ the worst board on 4chan
>>
>>63822899
>Revealing that Kylo Ren is the son of Han and Leia halfway into the film as a “twist” serves no purpose. In Ep V when Vader reveals he is Luke’s father to Luke, it’s a twist to both Luke and the audience. Kylo’s identity was already know by the film’s characters, so withholding it from the audience until later is a contrived plot device,.
>Saw Han Solo’s death coming from a mile away, and it was also anticlimactic.
>Tentacle monster kills everyone except (conveniently) for the main character.
>Death Star 3.0’s reveal was lacklustre - it’s just shown. No backstory, no “Oh ghee how did we miss that giant thing”.
>The film glosses over how exactly Death Star 3.0 can be destroyed. “Just fly down there and see what happens”. Then in the blink of an eye it blows up for some reason.
I share all of these.
>>
>>63824328
EXPLAIN THIS MEME NOW!!!!! I NEED TO KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>63825227
The same explanation as any other meme. Autism.
>>
>>63824655
There's exposition in the wrong places. We got too much exposition or pandering about shit that wasn't important or already implied. We don't need to see Han and Leia talk about Vader and the old Death Star.

The opening crawl was used horribly. We needed more information on the relationship between the "resistance" and the new empire especially. They managed to make the galaxy feel very small.
>>
>>63824579

>Its structural integrity is weak, especially compared to the Death Star which required several gos and ultimately Luke's force sensitivity to finally bring it down. This too plays into the Ren/Vader First Order/Empire dynamic. Like Ren does Vader, Starkiller demonstrates more power than the Death Star. However, also like Ren, it's fundamentally weak and can be taken down fairly easily, despite being more powerful. It and Ren are indicative of the First Order's desire to surpass the Empire, but failing in the rudimentary structure which made it so powerful.
>>
Anonymous 12/19/15(Sat)09:08:48 No.63824655▶>>63825286
>>63822899 (OP)
>via Nolan-tier expository dialog.
The vast majority of people are complaining about what wasn't explained. The lack of context is the number one criticism of the film. If anything, there's too little exposition.

>Revealing that Kylo Ren is the son of Han and Leia halfway into the film as a “twist” serves no purpose
It wasn't a twist. It was revealed in the middle of some dialogue without any musical fanfare.

This was good, anon.
>>
>>63825443

Don't know what happened with this reply. What I intended to say is as follows.

>Its structural integrity is weak, especially compared to the Death Star which required several gos and ultimately Luke's force sensitivity to finally bring it down. This too plays into the Ren/Vader First Order/Empire dynamic. Like Ren does Vader, Starkiller demonstrates more power than the Death Star. However, also like Ren, it's fundamentally weak and can be taken down fairly easily, despite being more powerful. It and Ren are indicative of the First Order's desire to surpass the Empire, but failing in the rudimentary structure which made it so powerful.

This is good, anon.
>>
>>63825214
You are the worst poster on the worst board.
>>
>>63825005
Sheev's hologram looked way better
>>
>>63822899
But they explicitly say that knocking out the oscillator will destabilize the weapon enough that it can no longer contain the energy of a literal sun inside.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.