[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone seriously tell me why everything looked like shit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
Can someone seriously tell me why everything looked like shit in this movie?

C3PO looked like he was made out of plastic.

Starfighter helmets didn't fit and looked cheap.

The CGI was pure crap.

What the fuck happened?
>>
Disney
>>
>>63816953
>What the fuck happened?
Your parents dropped you.
>>
>>63816953
Because they actually tried to make it look like authentic star wars
>>
>>63816953
>C3PO looked like he was made out of plastic.
>Starfighter helmets didn't fit and looked cheap.
That's the used future.
>>
>>63816977
Dubs confirm.
>>
Okay now you're trying too hard. The film for the most part looked great, especially all the practical effects. Yeah that orange yoda bitch and the supreme dark lord had some weak CGI but apart from that, the film looked very good visually.

Fuck off.
>>
>>63816953
>Can someone seriously tell me why everything looked like shit in this movie?
>C3PO looked like he was made out of plastic.
>Starfighter helmets didn't fit and looked cheap.
>The CGI was pure crap.
>What the fuck happened?
In interview, the studio said they intentionally avoided using CGI. For them, CGI is cheap, easy, fast... and most of the time the seductive, but inferior option.

..Almost like The Dark Side, don't you think?
>>
> pirate castle

I think the Dr Who people delivered their costumes to the wrong set or something
>>
>>63817030
I said it in another thread but I think Supreme Edgelord Snoke's design was changed relatively last minute which is why he looks outrageously bad compared to other CGI in the film.

It reminded me of Azog in the 1st Hobbit, he looked fucking terrible because they changed his appearance from an actual actor in a rubber suit to a full CGI character 2 months before premier.

I think the same thing happened here.
>>
>>63816953
Threepio does look like he's made of plastic sprayed with gold paint. They ran out of gold so they sprayed his arm red.

Yoda's new beard looked ridiculously stuck on also.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.