[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why was the pace so bad? Has editing changed its rules or did
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
Why was the pace so bad? Has editing changed its rules or did they just fuck it up on purpose?
>>
>>63816409
The rules of editing have changed, basically instead of immersing you in the atmosphere, its more about running through what's happening.
>>
>>63816409
I can tell you right now, and we never may know officially, but this film had so much cut from it. It's either that or an incredibly poor screenplay. Everyone was undeveloped and scenes were pretty much fast-forwarded through.
>>
>>63817944
That scene with ren mask off mind thing was cringy and lasted too damn long
Also fuck maz
>>
>>63818065
Maz was cool but she was meant to mirror Yoda and they entirely blew that golden opportunity
>ancient being with profound knowledge about the universe
>she runs a cantina out of her house and is on screen for about 6 minutes
>>
>>63817944
Fairly certain the macguffin changed and the final act was rewritten with a lot of omissions.
>>
>>63818230
I wouldn't be surprised. I was there on opening night and I still don't know what I saw.
>>
>>63817944
I feel the same way. The fact that they would feature Phasm on the poster and almost zero development feels like something was missing.
>>
>>63818230
>>63818230
>>63818230
>>63818230

This right here

Finding Luke could have been anything else
>>
>>63818388
It's either that or a disastrous screenplay. I wonder if we'll see an extended edition - I highly doubt it, but I wouldn't be surprised if the assembly cut was something like 4 hours and they whittled it down to ~3, before deciding it was a turd of epic proportions, cut a number of stories, and ended up with 2:15 or whatever it was.
>>
>>63817944
Why won't they just bring out an extended version? I get they had to dumb down the pace for the plebs but they should still give us the real movie.
>>
The original cut was around 2 hours and 50 minutes long.

Disney cut it even more in the last month before release to maximize profits, entire scenes were cut.
>>
File: 1384311327914.gif (4 MB, 243x361) Image search: [Google]
1384311327914.gif
4 MB, 243x361
It's a neo-fuqurslf style. Derived from classical idongivefuq - gimmemahmuny editing technique.
>>
>>63818521
It's not LoTRs where we get to bask in great scenes. I would welcome an extended OT, but the fact that a huge amount was cut, it's generally because it's crap, unrelated, doesn't gel or kills the pacing. I would say it's all 4, and a lot of scenes were killed to keep it 'flying'.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.