[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Mist (2007)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: mist_jane_gun2.jpg (27 KB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
mist_jane_gun2.jpg
27 KB, 853x480
The Mist (2007)

(beginning) This is a cool concept
(middle) Entertaining, mediocre.
(end)Holy fucking what the jesus fucking christ.

They went all out. Just finished watching ~30 mins ago.

What did you think of the ending?
>>
Ending was great and unexpected. It redeemed a mediocre movie for me.
>>
I remember when I saw it the first time...and really the ending still drives me a little nutty.
In the short story the ending is sort of ambiguous, but in the film, well you know.
I thought for sure he was going to just lay down in front of a tank and let it run him over.
He is mentally fucked for life and will kill himself one day anyway.
I like the ending and I don't.
It was cool to see a horror film ending with some balls to it...but it may have been too dark.
Then again, crazier shit has happened in real life, so it's not that much of a stretch.
>>
>>63814215
>It redeemed a mediocre movie for me.
This. People can claim it was edgy all they want but fuck them. It was a proper ending. End of story.
>>
>>63814176
I love this movie. I didn't even notice how shitty the cgi is the first time I watched it
>>
>>63814215
>It redeemed a mediocre movie for me.
This, and this exactly.
>>
Sure is reddit in here
>>
>>63814323
Well not all of it is cgi.
>>
>>63814176
Excellent movie. I wasn't expecting it to be very good when I went to see it, but it surprised me.

I read the short story years before the movie came out, and it's one of my favorite pieces by Stephen King. I felt like the movie really did it justice.

As for the ending, yes it was changed from the short story, but I feel like it was still an excellent ending.
>>
>>63814176
Even Stephen King admitted the ending was better than in the book.
>>
File: Maxwell.jpg (31 KB, 390x488) Image search: [Google]
Maxwell.jpg
31 KB, 390x488
>>63814347

I'm from Reddit and I love this place, also. Oh, does that make you mad? So very mad? Oh, you seem quite mad that there are those of us from Reddit who also enjoy coming here and hanging out with you cool guys. We like it. We REALLY like this place. Oh, we're not leaving. We're sitting right here, friendo. You like that one? "Friendo?" It's from No Country For Old Men. I know tv memes lol!

You think this is your own private utopia, your retreat from the world, your clubhouse to hang out with your other rebels, but guess what? We Reddit folk found it. We found it and we like it.

And we're not leaving.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.