[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just a reminder We gave up the old EU for this piece of garbage
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 163
Thread images: 19
File: shit.jpg (328 KB, 750x423) Image search: [Google]
shit.jpg
328 KB, 750x423
Just a reminder We gave up the old EU for this piece of garbage
>>
File: 1450068484299.png (828 KB, 586x886) Image search: [Google]
1450068484299.png
828 KB, 586x886
>>63809068
>tfw there will never be a Revan movie
>>
>>63809122
I will not be denied.
I will emerge victorious.
I will savor this harvest.

I am a conquistador, and this pleb is an indigenous tribe. The conquistadores laid waste to the weak, as doing so was their right. The right of the conqueror. This conquest is the same. This pleb is mine, MINE, for the taking.

This is my harvest, my thirst, my conquest. The rest of you better get in line.
>>
>implying you had a choice
Just kill yourself already, do the world a favor.
>>
>>63809122
>Revan will never get a movie
>There was never a sith empire
>There was never an old old republic era
>Every single choice every player made is completely and utterly pointless in every possible way

THANKS DISNEY
>>
>gave up the EU

it's still there. No one's stopping you from reading those stories, especially the great ones like when IG-88 takes over the death star 2 and starts opening and closing doors in sheevs throne room to mess with him. They will be missed
>>
File: 23462366666.jpg (149 KB, 600x1024) Image search: [Google]
23462366666.jpg
149 KB, 600x1024
>JJ defenders bash Suncrusher for 2 years to justify trashing the EU
>Episode 7 has a worse version of it

>JJ defenders bash Jacen Solo going Sith for 2 years to justify trashing the EU

>JJ defenders bash mary sue Jaina Solo to justify trashing the EU

Literally not an exaggeration
>>
>>63809355
>There was never a sith empire
the Sith were mentioned in TFA
>>
>>63809355

There was a sith empire. Bane and Palagius are canon still.
>>
>>63809481
>tfw suncrusher made more sense than the stupid death star 3.0 whatever
>>
>>63809481
>JJ does shitty EU shit but EVEN WORSE

And people wonder why the movie is shit
>>
V > III > VII > IV > VI > I > II

right?
>>
>>63809828

Swap VII and IV and you've got it.
>>
>>63809355
>Every single choice every player made is completely and utterly pointless in every possible way

I don't get this meme

Of course it's pointless, it doesn't exist and you're not exerting influence on some kind of grand overarcing universe, you're a dude playing a game, possibly even an enjoyable one

Now sure enjoyment can certainly come from seeing the ramifications of decisions, but you can't reasonably expect a developer to account for every jerk off who played their game because each one is gunna have some kind of different experience. Things are gunna end up being glossed over no matter what, just because you need an army of programmers to account for all the variables and choices you can have in a videogame's story, and that kind of thing just compounds on itself the longer a game goes on

I mean if you really want an imaginary situation that genuinely takes into account what players do, why don't you play a pen and paper game with /tg/? They're pretty good at doing that stuff because they don't have to hire teams of programmers to provide a means through which you can express choice

tldr I hate this "MUH CHOICE WAS INVALIDED FUG DIS" meme because it was never terribly important in the first place desu senpai
>>
>>63809068
Cue someone saying all the EU was shit and then posting an obscure wookiepedia article about a novel from 1980 as proof.

Hint: all the EU post-TPM is gold, and some of it was personally overseen by Lucas.
>>
>>63809068
I would only have objected to a cloned Palpatine.
Would have been lame, along with Luke going to the dark side and becoming his apprentice.
The only EU crap I can't stomach.
>>
>>63809068
Not liking a movie so 4chan will like you. Go outside.
>>
>>63810324
Adding to this it's totally asinine when someone says something like The Force Unleashed or the Plagueis novel isn't canon when George Lucas unofficially directed those projects himself.
>>
Still can figure out why Maw had Luke's old blue Lightsaber when it was lost in Bespin after Luke got his hand cut off.
>>
>EU

vast majority of it was fanfic tier

very few things were actually good

nothing in it taking place after the OT was actually good writing, though some of the games were fun
>>
>>63809828

I'd switch 2 and 1, but otherwise that's my exact list.
>>
>>63809828

>III
>good

V > IV > VII > VI > III > II > I
>>
>>63810702
>vast majority of it was fanfic tier
Just like the prequels and TFA?
>>
>>63809068
You didnt give up anything? Its all fucking make believe you huge faggot. You do realize that this shit isn't real right? That your EU can still exist and you can enjoy it.
>>
>But at least it's better than the prequels!!!!
>>
>>63810854

parts of TFA (mostly the new deathstar and Snoke aka worse emperor) are fanficy but other aspects of the movie carry it

the plotting is bad but the characters/performances and cinematography are good

prequels are trash, I've never said otherwise

before force awakens Star Wars really only had one good (IV) and one great (V) movie, now it has 2 good movies and one great movie
>>
>>63810986
Well, except they pretty much stopped making stuff set in the Legends continuity.
>>
>>63809068
We didn't give up shit. The EU was never prime canon. All Disney did was bump it down another rung
>>
>>63809903
>IT'S JUST A GAME BRO GO GET LAID AMIRITE?

Chad mentality aside, it's really about the lack of foresight put into plot branching. Of course developers can't take into account every decision someone could make, but you can vary the selections enough that it -feels- like your choices have weight in the plot.

If the plot can branch off in twelve different ways throughout the game; twelve different first, second and third acts, isn't it reasonable to ask for more than one default ending? Authors in the 70s and 80s figured it out with Choose Your Own Adventure books, I don't see why developers in modern times can't.
>>
The old EU was a landfill. Disney is clearly going to mine it and the prequels for usable material and discard the rest.
>>
File: 1.jpg (110 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
110 KB, 1280x720
>>63809557
>Bane and Palagius are canon still.
>>
>>63811434
Kylo was basically Jacen so you're prolly right
>>
>>63809355
Disney said Old Republic "is" canon.

Basically it takes place so many fucking years ago it's irrelevant.
>>
>>63811460
Plagueis was mentioned in Episode III, Bane appeared in the canon TV series.
>>
>>63810590
Janitor found it.
>>
I liked TFA senpai.
>>
>>63811548
we all did
>>
>>63809903
If the game is all about the illusion of choice, breaking that illusion, or setting it up to be broken by a generic ending isn't the smartest of moves.
>>
>>63811562
>we
back to reddit
>>
anyone got a link to a decent review WITH spoliers?
>>
>>63811614
>mentioning that site

You're the stranger here
>>
>>63811193
They stopped making Tom & Jerry cartoons too, but I still love and watch the old ones.
>>
Kek if TFA was an EU book series it'd take like 7 books to cover the same ground and be called THE GENERAL SNOKE SEPTOLOGY or something

>Book 1: The First Order
>Book 2: Escape to Jakku
>Book 3: The Mask of Vader
>Book 4:Trisaber
>Book 5: The new Resistance
>Book 6:Son of the Darkside
>Book 7:Super Deathstar
>>
>>63811664
That's a stupid goddamn argument.

They halted the production of the Legends continuity. People who wanted to see those stories continue got boned.

You can't deny that.
>>
>>63811708
at least it wouldn't be a rehash of A New Hope
>>
>>63811752
They didn't wrap them up?

That's kinda dicky but what can you do?
>>
>>63809068
Whinier than Anakin.
>>
>>63809398

>IG-88 takes over the death star 2 and starts opening and closing doors in sheevs throne room to mess with him

That's fantastic, when did this happen?
>>
>>63811470
and snoke is clearly plagueis or whatever. And they're going to keep podracing and sith, except they're ditching the bullshit about all dark side being sith, and instead going with the dark side just having various successful servants over the centuries, yet still being its own thing.

Which is basically identical to what marvel is doing with the MCU.
>>
>>63811756
Most of the EU is just a knockoff of the OT in some fashion.
>>
I want to have dinner with Isard desu
>>
>>63811828
>Which is basically identical to what marvel is doing with the MCU.

I hope they don't follow marvel and start linking all the movies together. Like imagine having to watch Rebels (or w/e other SW movie their making) to see what happens to captain phasma
>>
>>63810590
>Anakin/Luke's lightsaber
>Luke loses it after the final fight with Vader
>Somehow carrot Yoda (who is even older than Yoda ever was and is still alive) finds it and gives it to Finn the Janitor of /tv/
>>
>>
>>63811826
Tales of Bounty Hunters- An anthology about the bounty hunters from Episode 5.

It's a great book
>>
>>63810851
Oh man. You were on a roll. You got the first 5 right. I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you don't remember how overwhelmingly bad II is.
>>
>>63811429

I'm not saying you're wrong but there is a definitive level of scale that you're skirting over here

Authors are responsible for writing a story and that's it

Game developers are responsible for writing a story and then expressing it through gameplay, which involves game engines, voice acting, and a host of other tangibles that need to be done by people that command rather hefty wages

>>63811598

You are right and this is my fault for diluting the context here and not making my point more clearly. Rather than devolve into discussing how choice is or how practical it is to provide it in a video game, it's more relevant to focus on how one can't expect a franchise to be eternally beholden to the games unrelated studios made for it before the current guys got their hands on it

Take KoToR2. I liked that game very much, but whether or not the events that took place in it are held as non-canon in modern Star Wars is inconsequential. Of course it's nice to have throwbacks that I recognize or things that I can satisfactorily believe my character's choices influenced, but as long as KoToR 2 is a self contained story that provides enough choice to enjoy it and make it my own, I feel that's enough. And it really doesn't matter; stories are stories for their own sake, and whether they join an ongoing popular narrative or not shouldn't diminish them to you.
>>
>>63810470

>The Force Unleashed
>Vader has a secret apprentice
>uses him to pretend to be a Rebel sympathizer
>has apprentice help formulate the Rebel Alliance and act as a double agent to help keep tabs on them and indirectly use them to distract the Emperor so Vader can eventually overthrow/defeat him
>apprentice eventually betrays Vader and saves the Alliance

>Star Wars: Rebels
>KID POWER YEAH SILLY ADULTS LET US SHOW YOU HOW IT'S DONE

Someone please tell me why Rebels was kept in favor over something actually logical like TFU
>>
File: oyveyanotherdeathstar.jpg (101 KB, 777x691) Image search: [Google]
oyveyanotherdeathstar.jpg
101 KB, 777x691
oy vey
>>
>>63811887
kek

I was hoping somebody would make this image

I feel like it should say "The Light Side" instead of "The Force," though
>>
>>63811963
because $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
>>
>>63810324
>Everything post TPM

I personally dislike the direction Troy Dennings took the EU around the middle of the Vong arc which he did under lucas' direction, but it was better than this.
>>
>>63811882
They've already laid the groundwork to do exactly that.

Can't wait for them to remake the prequels.
>>
>>63812007
I think that guy meant all of the great prequel era novels. So much good shit. James Luceno is my man.
>>
>>63811826
>>63809398

Can I like get a link to where I can read this? Or a book name? Anything?

I want to read this specific section
>>
Why do you faggots think Kylo isn't Revan?

Did you miss how he practically killed Solo in order to infiltrate Snoke's order?

Also where is proof that Kylo destroyed Luke's Jedi academy? If anything, Luke sent Kylo willingly. He is practically Darth Revan right now.
>>
>>63811789

Not that guy but from what I understand, they did another Legacy comic.

Crucible was the last old EU novel written. I haven't actually read it yet, but the Fate of the Jedi series before that really set up some new storylines they could've ran with. I'm almost positive any new post-RotJ Legends novels aren't happening.
>>
>>63812064
he's too gay to be revan
>>
>>63812057
>>63811888

Trips confirm.
>>
I was expecting the Knights of Ren to make an appearance in this.
>>
KOTOR FUCKING SUCKED
SO DID IT'S SEQUEL

HOLY SHIT I REALLY WISH I COULD MEET YOU IRL SO I COULD STRIKE YOU DOWN WITH A LEAD PIPE YOU PRETENTIOUS NECKBEARD TASTELESS FUCK
>>
>>63812150
they kinda do in that flashback when ray first touches luke's saber
>>
>>63812064
i dont know much about the eu, but this is a cool idea, something similar to snape killing dumbledore right?
>>
>>63812194
cool story bro
>>
>>63812194
I bet I could beat you up, you skinny little shit.
>>
>>63812064
Nah, they're going to do more pottery than that. Rey is luke's daugther, she'll start light and go dark, then kylo will switch back to light, snaking back and forth like a double helix.
>>
>>63811963

The power levels were absurd.

>taking down a Star Destroyer with just the Force
>>
File: 1399326113443.gif (793 KB, 360x203) Image search: [Google]
1399326113443.gif
793 KB, 360x203
>Kylo Ren is bad
>>
>>63811963

>Set in between Episode III: Revenge of the Sith and Episode IV: A New Hope, Darth Vader is sent by Emperor Palpatine to destroy a Jedi who survived Palpatine's Jedi purge and is hiding on the Wookiee homeworld, Kashyyyk. The Force Unleashed begins with the player controlling Darth Vader as he searches Kashyyyk for the Jedi.[12][13] After defeating the Jedi in battle, Vader discovers a child who is strong in the Force and raises him to become his apprentice, unknown to the Emperor for several years. When the apprentice (known in the game as "Starkiller", and whom the player now controls) reaches adulthood, Vader sends him to kill the remaining Jedi as training for his ultimate goal: assassinating the Emperor so Vader and Starkiller can rule the galaxy together.

However, the Emperor discovers Starkiller's existence and forces Vader to kill the apprentice; Vader hurls Starkiller into space, but secretly dispatches droids to retrieve and revive him. Vader sends his apprentice to foster a rebellion among those who resist the Empire, distracting the Emperor so Vader can make his move. Breaking into various Imperial facilities, Starkiller rescues Rogue Shadow pilot Juno Eclipse, Jedi Master Rahm Kota, Princess Leia Organa, and Senator Bail Organa. In the process, Starkiller learns from Kota about the Jedi way, ultimately sparing Jedi apprentice Maris Brood, who had succumbed to corruption by the dark side after Starkiller murdered her master Shaak Ti. Starkiller travels between missions aboard the Rogue Shadow, developing a close relationship with his crew.
>>
>>63809068
>we
Cause I really cared about giant moons killing Chewie and other shit EU stories
>>
>>63809068
What are you talking about. Fans had no say in the matter.
>>
>>63812283

>Senators Organa, Mon Mothma, and Garm Bel Iblis meet to plan a rebellion against the Empire, but are interrupted when Darth Vader arrests them and Kota. Vader attacks Starkiller and reveals that Starkiller was never meant to overthrow the Emperor; from the beginning, he was the Emperor's tool to expose his enemies, and that Vader's plans to overthrow the Emperor did not include Starkiller. Surviving Vader's attack, Starkiller uses the Force to ascertain the senators' and Kota's location: the Death Star. Inside the station, Starkiller duels Darth Vader. Kota attempts to fight the Emperor, but is wounded by the Emperor's Force lightning.

>If the player attacks and defeats Emperor Palpatine, Kota prevents Starkiller from killing Palpatine in hatred. Starkiller dies while absorbing the Emperor's renewed attack, but Kota and the senators escape. The Emperor and Vader look over Starkiller's corpse, concerned that he has become a martyr to inspire the newly formed Rebel Alliance. Senator Organa and the others agree to proceed with their rebellion and Leia decides to use Starkiller's family crest as the Rebellion's symbol. Outside, Juno talks to Kota, who tells her that among Starkiller's dark thoughts, Juno herself was one bright spot that he held onto right until his death. This is the ending depicted in the novelization and this was the canonical ending until Disney rebranded the extended universe into the non-canon "Star Wars Legends"

This would make a killer Anthology film.
>>
>>63812048
If we're talking about the books we traded for this then the later ones are more pertinent.
>>
File: fucking disney.png (144 KB, 808x864) Image search: [Google]
fucking disney.png
144 KB, 808x864
>>63811492
negative meat bag
>>
>>63812336
old republic =/= kotor
>>
>>63810851
3 is good you fucking mong. Better than 6 for damn sure.
>>
>>63812351
This.

Also they weren't canon to begin with
>>
>>63811492
>Disney said Old Republic "is" canon.

No, they fucking didn't.

How about a sourced link there, champ? Because I can provide direct contradcitory evidence.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars:_The_Old_Republic

>Legends
>Legends
>Legends
>>
>>63811991
Fix it yo. My buddy made it, and I'm far too lazy to fix it myself.
>>
>>63812194
KotOR was just the first big "better than the prequels" star wars thing.

The prequels were so bad people basically rushed to anything that wasn't them. Which is also why the EU got so big at that time.
>>
>>63809068
reminder, warping straight through shields is now a canon critical weakness
>>
>>63812331
true
>>
>>63812336
Do Star Wars fans actually give a fuck?

Every Star Wars fan I know has kind of separated old canon an new canon in a way that:
>if the new conflicts with old, old overrules
and
>if new does not impact old, old remains

I mean, we all know what disney considers canon, but we don't really give a fuck. I imagine there are only a handful of autists that are freaking out
>>
>>63812351
and then hey look at that last result
wow!
its swtor!
reading is fun anon!
>>
>>63812432

JJ does it again.

He also randomly introduced planet to planet teleporting in Trek being no big deal.
>>
>>63812351

The Old Republic directly follows KoToR and references it and its events all the fucking time.

They both exist in the same contiunity, which is to say, Legends.

They are both non-canon.
>>
>>63812512
they never were canon
>>
File: Revan Confirmed.png (924 KB, 1480x946) Image search: [Google]
Revan Confirmed.png
924 KB, 1480x946
>>63809355
>>
>A girl
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>63812537
EU HATERS BTFO
>>
tbqh f'am, I would have been ok if they made everything after RotJ non-canon but kept anything before TPM intact (so Old Republic shit and stuff still being canon).
Let's be honest, the only good thing about post-RotJ EU was Thrawn. Mara Jade and Luke's constant back and forth between light and dark are stupid as fuck.
>>
>>63810986
>That your EU can still exist and you can enjoy it.
Not really. If Disney didn't want to "reboot" the series they would never went after something that kept franchise alive for 30 years. After all dumb shit that happened in EU, all of that shit was Star Wars shit. TFA isn't even Star Wars movie but its marketed as one and they even added number 7 to it for no good reason since it doesn't have anything in common with any other movie. So unless Disney will simly ignore TFA and its sequels we will never see anything good in EU ever again. Not to mention exclusive license that Disney gave to EA to make all the shitty vidya in the world. If Geroge Lucas would die and never transfered rights to anyone, Star Wars would still be alive via fanfiction and later in public domain. Disney put a nail in it and pissed on its grave by ignoring all the cool shit that happened to Star Wars over the years and all the work that was put in the universe by its fans for its fans.

Star Wars is dead.
>>
>>63812537

Yeah, we get it, he's the laziest version of Jacen Solo and Revan.

This isn't new or interesting, nor does it make him anything more than a tired rehash of ideas that other people had and pulled off much better.
>>
>>63812543
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I think you mean RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
>>
>>63812432
its only applicable for planetary shields, though. Unless they make hyperspace torpedoes. Which would be boss, but also kinda Pyrrhic, depending on how costly hyperdrives are.
>>
>>63812243
It felt plausible to me for some reason.
>Massive unwieldy ship is flying forward and very low to the ground
>Slightly steer it down with the force so it's own momentum causes it to crash.
>>
>>63812618
He didn't know Rey existed back then or rather her actual name
>>
>People saying Attack of The Clones is the worst Star Wars
Phantom Menace is the worst.
Fuck off autistic red letter memeia fanboys.
>MUH EBIN PLINKETT REVIEW
>>
>>63812243

See, Anon, this is why you could never be a Jedi.

Size makes no difference. Only your mind makes the difference.
>>
>>63812640
so basically you just pointed out that the plot of return of the jedi, needing to power down the shields of the deathstar was pointless
>>
>>63812667
w-what?
>>
>>63812682

That's not the reason I can't be a Jedi, it's because I have no midichlorians.
>>
>>63812640
>depending on how costly hyperdrives are.

They can't possibly be, seeing as how every X-Wing fucking has one.
>>
>>63811963
lmao
shittiest taste imo
both are awful tier cannon.
esp TCW and TFU 1/2.
>>
>>63812700
Warping beyond the shields would make you an instant fish in a barrel due to how fast you were coming and and how fast you will be detected.

It worked on Starkiller base because it was a planet and probably couldn't detect you instantly.
>>
File: judge-me-by-my-size-do-you-yoda.jpg (246 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
judge-me-by-my-size-do-you-yoda.jpg
246 KB, 500x500
>>63812682
Exactly.
>>
File: 1536.gif (3 MB, 350x373) Image search: [Google]
1536.gif
3 MB, 350x373
>>63812537
>>
>>63812700
Not exactly. Much much smaller margin of error due to the smaller target and shield diameter.
>>
>>63812734

Right, but even if you did, you'd be a really shitty Jedi.

You'd get shipped off to the non-canon Jedi Service Corps and spend the rest of your life farming or teaching or doing other community service.

Meanwhile your friends and your cute jedifu are off becoming Padawans, eventually becoming Knights and then Masters and you die in obscurity.

What I'm saying is that you suck.

>>63812768

My little green nigga over here gets it.
>>
>>63812734
Disney dumped the prequels, dog. Midichlorians are gone.
>>
File: carth.jpg (35 KB, 408x600) Image search: [Google]
carth.jpg
35 KB, 408x600
>>63812194
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little nerf-herder? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Republic Navy, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on the Sith, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in wookiee warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire Republic armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before in this galaxy, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of party members across the Republic and your ship is being tracked right now so you better prepare for the storm, gorgeous. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the Republic Navy and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the galaxy, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, beautiful.
>>
>>63812755
in the end they ended up with 3 or more ships going though the deathstar with the same firepower directed at them, the empire fleet was not behind the shields either. They were detected eitherway, they could of used the main fleet as a diversion, hyperjump in and the empire would have to rush taking the shield down for backup because their shields are still up.

>>63812800
and han who hasn't flown the falcon in years with all its modifications and damages still got in there pretty accurately. Imagine if they had a pro pilot with an advance ship, hmmmmm.
>>
>>63809828
V>IV>VI>power gap>VII>III=II=I
>>
>>63812901
How could they do that?
It erases a ton of backstory.
Fuck Disney.
>>
Why didn't the gravity increase on the planet when they were sucking the sun up
>>
>>63809481
Holy shit, Kylo Ren is just a Darth Caedus remake. He's even still Han Solo's son.
>>
>>63812064
because revan's a woman
>>
>>63813036
i don't think hat's how it works
>>
>>63813036
why didnt the sun's core collapse and cause a black hole when you remove most of its energy at a rapid rate
>>
Who was the most powerful Jedi in EU? IMO

Nihilus > Kreia > Revan > Exile > Sion
>>
>>63811598
This.
>>
>>63813036
how is there a fucking snow planet right next to a sun
>>
>>63813023
The prequels added nothing of value that hadn't already been gleaned from the OT. Fuck the prequels.

They'll remake them though.
>>
>>63813053
I bet Rey is Jaina
>>
>>63813093
How about this.
How do spaceships make sounds...in space?
Because it's a fictional story filled with fantasy and make-believe.
Just go with it.
>>
>>63813133
how can they look at the sun's rays and not get fucking shrekt?
>>
>>63809068
Thank goodness. No Yuuzhan vong or however you spelt that shit, Luuke, Palpaclone, Mara Sue, Sun Crusher etc.
>>
File: 1450409412831.jpg (244 KB, 879x1468) Image search: [Google]
1450409412831.jpg
244 KB, 879x1468
>>63812901
>>
File: bar7.jpg (11 KB, 179x220) Image search: [Google]
bar7.jpg
11 KB, 179x220
>>63812667
Seriously just try and watch Clones today. Past its intro on corusant its fucking unwatchable unless making fun of it with friends and being drunk.
>>
>>63813231
This makes my soul hurt
>>
>>63813141
Fuck stuff.
>>
File: eiv2yS5npqE.movieposter.jpg (26 KB, 279x402) Image search: [Google]
eiv2yS5npqE.movieposter.jpg
26 KB, 279x402
>>63809680

What? People never learn after yet another franchise had the exact same bullshit pulled?
>>
>>63813197
Yeah because the Luke-Kaanobi, cheap palpaclone, mary sue, and starkiller we got is soooo much better
>>
>>63813182
>Because it's a fictional story filled with fantasy and make-believe.

movie starts with the lines, a long time ago in a galaxy far far away...
>>
>>63813303
Not much better, but still better than CLONE MORE CHARACTERS, and an army that had batman's spray of anti-force.
>>
>>63813231
>The Clone Wars and Rebels are canon
As long as they don't reference any of the atrocious shit in those shows in the movies, it doesn't matter
>>
>>63812990
>VII that high
'fuck no'
>>
File: Screenshot (47).png (2 MB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (47).png
2 MB, 1440x900
>>63812537
That's nothin'. Check out the dais that the helm is sitting on. Look familiar?
>>
>>63813515
>dais

fuck off with your fancy words mr. harvard
>>
File: Night_King_Appears.jpg (140 KB, 648x484) Image search: [Google]
Night_King_Appears.jpg
140 KB, 648x484
>>63812537

>JJ is just going to change Revan to Ren to try and make it seem like it was his idea, and not Drew Karpyshyn's
>>
>>63813341
which means its based on a true story
>>
>>63813547
good meme
>>
The only things good from the old EU were some of the video games (KOTOR I and II, Jedi Academy, Dark Forces, and a few others that escape me at this time) and the Thrawn Trilogy. Everything else was retarded.
>>
>>63813197
>No Yuuzhan vong

You mean the only enemy that was actually on par with the overpowered Jedi? The Yuuzhan Vong were great solely for the fact the one thing the Jedi would've used to wipe them out without breaking a sweat, the Vong were completely devoid of.
>>
>>63813515
No, what is it supposed to be?
>>
File: Sith_Empire.png (59 KB, 550x600) Image search: [Google]
Sith_Empire.png
59 KB, 550x600
>>63813630
The Sith Empire's emblem from SWTOR.
>>
>>63813567
>meme

You just can't stop eh mr. smarty pants

well let's see how that college diploma does against my firsts
>>
>>63813622

Shadows of the Empire was good.
>>
>>63809122
Rey is Revan.
>>
>>63812336
As long as the Prequels are considered canon with all of their inane continuity issues and just awful writing I couldn't care less about what Disney deems canonical.
>>
>>63811913

it has less Jar-Jar and less awful child acting though, i think it's probably a draw, they're both awful movies

>>63812354

3 enough of an improvement over I and II that thinking it's good is understandable comming in after those two, but it still has awfull Lukas writing with characters constantly telling the audience what they are thinking and feeling rather than trusting the actors to convey that shit with acting

>UNLIMITED POWER

>U R BREAKING MY <3

>NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
File: tqt7jbz1g3hdh7tfvvix.jpg (17 KB, 636x358) Image search: [Google]
tqt7jbz1g3hdh7tfvvix.jpg
17 KB, 636x358
>>6381356
its poor writing if you want to immediately withdraw your opening screen.
>>
>>63813700
Exactly it's being setup to perfectly. She is too good and powerful with the force and everything she does
Thread replies: 163
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.