[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
W40K The Movie
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5
File: w40k the movie.jpg (126 KB, 730x470) Image search: [Google]
w40k the movie.jpg
126 KB, 730x470
Fuck Star Wars. Will there ever be a live action W40K movie? Who would direct it? Which actors would you have play in it? Which stories would you draw from within the universe as the central plot? Which Xenos would you feature as the enemy? Would it be Pre or Post Horus Heresy?

Is it even doable /tv/?
>>
>>63807695
Too expensive, too niche, not marketable enough.

Unless it's animated, and we all know how that went.
>>
File: 40kTV.jpg (976 KB, 994x3404) Image search: [Google]
40kTV.jpg
976 KB, 994x3404
Pic

Related
>>
If I could just have a straight adaptation of the Space Marine game, that'd be great.
Or Hunt for Voldorius, because White Scars best chapter.
>>
Pleg
>>
>>63807695
You don't want that.
Slaanesh rules Hollywood and the movie will be SJW trash.
>>
>>63807743
>They are making a WarCraft movie (not WOW, original orcs v humans WarCraft)
>W40K is too niche

wut
>>
>>63807791
>Liam Neeson as the God Emperor of Mankind
You are a credit to the Imperium, Battle-Brother.

>>63807860
>Slaanesh
>SJW
wut
>>
I love warhammer, but I have no faith in Hollywood to make a decent movie. Their best bet would be to adapt a book (something from horus heresy series?) and do their best with it. I highly doubt the acting, effects, themes, or anything would even remotely live up the universe of warhammer.
>>
File: 1439401904114.jpg (45 KB, 600x547) Image search: [Google]
1439401904114.jpg
45 KB, 600x547
>>63807695
With games workshop owning the rights to anything you can cross off anything good happening.
>>
>>63807863
People actually played WoW.

No one but literal neckbearded man children play 40k, I was one of them, I know how bad it truly is.
>>
File: jared leto.jpg (20 KB, 236x329) Image search: [Google]
jared leto.jpg
20 KB, 236x329
>>63807791
>chris hemsworth as Sanguinius

I would cast this man because he is supposed to be more angelic in appearance than his brothers.
>>
>>63807956
Oops I should have clarified that the movie was based on Warcraft and not WOW.

What?

What's that?

I DID?

You're a fucking idiot?

You don't say!
>>
>>63807743

This. And no way they do a 40K in today's moral climate, it would be labeled as racist etc. Which the fictional universe is of course, but the studios wouldn't risk making a movie and getting backlash from triggered tumblrinas.
>>
File: 1450217793392.jpg (12 KB, 252x240) Image search: [Google]
1450217793392.jpg
12 KB, 252x240
>>63808220
>he thinks what the movie is about actually matters
>he doesn't think that just having ''WARCRAFT'' on the title is enough for the masses that played WoW and heard about it
>>
>>63807695
I don't know, man. I love wh40k and all, and I browse /tg/ every now and then, but w40k just isn't...movie material.

It's less "super-serious-cool-lore" and more "LOL, CHECK THIS SHIT OUT. HOW WILD DO YOU THINK WE CAN MAKE THE FLUFF BEFORE THEY REALIZE WE'RE BULLSHITTING OURSELVES?"
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.