[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Prove TFA is better than Phantom Menace
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 178
Thread images: 33
File: Darth-Maul_632eb5af.jpg (216 KB, 768x432) Image search: [Google]
Darth-Maul_632eb5af.jpg
216 KB, 768x432
Name 1 (one) scene in TFA better than this. Protip: you fucking can't.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPHw0wzDCpg
>>
>>63804759
There is absolutely NOTHING going on in this scene whatsoever. It's a lightsaber duel because it's the end of a Star Wars movie, you just gotta have one of those, right? The choreography is stale and dull as fuck.

end duel of Force Awakens is so much better because there's actual character development going on and the choreography reflects the personalities of those involved. It's not just a bunch of sterile highly choreographed swinging swords around
>>
>>63804759
This scene is fucking terrible, it would be harder to name a scene in TFA that was WORSE than that scene.

Darth Maul is a nothing character. He may as well have been a droid or a monster.
>>
Its cool out of context because of how shallow it is. If you actually watch the movie you realize nothing is really happening at all.
>>
>Face paint: the character
>>
>>63804759
Is this bait?
>>
>>63804759
the black and the spic escape from the space nazis stealing one of their ships.
>>
>>63804759
The whole movie.
>>
It looks too much like they're aiming the sabers at each other rather than trying to hit each other. When Liam dies it seems out of nowhere.
>>
>>63804759
the duel with Traitor Trooper is GOAT duel scene
>>
>>63804860
IM MIKE STOKLASA YOU MIGHT KNOW ME FROM
>>
File: 1447104778312.jpg (36 KB, 250x241) Image search: [Google]
1447104778312.jpg
36 KB, 250x241
>>63804860
>because there's actual character development going on

haha oh wow

describe Rey to me without mentioning her gender, what she looks like, what she does or what her postion is.
>>
>>63804759
Darth Maul had the higher ground, why didn't he just swing upwards when he clearly demonstrates great agility?
>>
dat cgi tho
>>
>>63804759
literally the entire movie
>>
>>63804759
this is the only good scene in this movie tho
>>
>/tv/ thinks this is bad choreography because of that one so funny and witty youtube video

What it lacks is purpose and emotion behind it. The choreography is good, better than anything else in the prequels. Darth Maul was just never a character at all, which is a FUCKING shame
>>
>>63805077
STRONG WOMAN
MARY SUE
>>
is darth maul the most /fa/ character of the series?
he does looks like futuristic assassin without being too cheesy
>>
>>63804910
hello newfriend welcome to 4chan
>>
Why the fuck didn't TFA use any good music? It all just sounded like horns going off at random. The prequels completely shat on TFA score-wise.
>>
File: star.wars.episo].jpg (245 KB, 1920x816) Image search: [Google]
star.wars.episo].jpg
245 KB, 1920x816
>>
>>63805077
She's hung up on her past and delusional in thinking that her family will return, agile and resourceful (the scene where we see her first), sometimes overly emotional (running away after getting scared of visions), caring and often selfless (preferred to help a droid she had just met rather than to sell him for 60 portions of food),
>>
>Phantom Menace is no longer the worst Star Wars movie
What a time to be alive.
>>
File: Ascension_gun_TPM.jpg (26 KB, 500x206) Image search: [Google]
Ascension_gun_TPM.jpg
26 KB, 500x206
>>63804759
>TFAS
>Climax centered around a father and his conflicted, wimpy son calmly confronting each other
MEANWHILE
>>
File: 1444876951721.png (208 KB, 398x377) Image search: [Google]
1444876951721.png
208 KB, 398x377
>googled cailey fleming
>that bikini-shot
>>
>>63805265
>implying Attack of the Clones isn't measurably worse than The Phantom Menace
>>
>>63805265
it never was, clone wars still is
>>
>>63805336
whatever happened to based Panaka?
>>
>>63805077
Kid who is too cowardly to accept the facts of her past and move on,
ez
>inb4 you diminish this as if any star wars characters have personalities that cant be descriebd ina sentence
>>
>>63805378
fuck you attack of the clones was cool
>>
>>63805376
What of it you fucking pedo?
>>
>>63804759
i think it's a fine looking duel, and darth maul has a neat look to him, but he has no story to him whatsoever. the end duel between kylo/finn etc has more weight to it because the whole movie had been exploring those characters. darth maul is a cool looking jobber with no story, when he dies there is no real consequence.
>>
>>63805509
>exploring those characters

the only thing we learn about kylo is that he's a pussy bitch and the only thing we learn about rey is that she's good at literally everything
>>
File: 1444699670689.webm (3 MB, 936x400) Image search: [Google]
1444699670689.webm
3 MB, 936x400
>>63805502
the battle was the only good part of the movie and even then the CGI looked like shit
>>
>>63804759
Listen to the fucking music here jesus. I dont remember a single track from TFA yet I remember basically the entire score from Phantom Menace. What the fuck were they thinking
>>
>>63805551
Oh so when it comes to keeping his ass safe he can speak proper huh?
>>
File: 1450473466192[1].jpg (69 KB, 730x489) Image search: [Google]
1450473466192[1].jpg
69 KB, 730x489
>>63804759
>>
>>63805545
That's because you're a braindead consumerist whore american who can't read any kind of emotion or what's going on with the characters

Rey was mary sue though nothing more
>>
>>63805615
You what?
>>
>>63805265
It only held that title for 3 years.
>>
>>63805506

she has forced-lifted my body part
>>
>>63805551
>the battle was the only good part of the movie
good thing it's the only part i remember desu
>>
>>63804759
>overchoreographed meaningless shit
literally every scene in TFA is better than this, or any other prequel scene
>>
>>63805624
/thread
>>
File: Captain Nigger.jpg (3 KB, 105x125) Image search: [Google]
Captain Nigger.jpg
3 KB, 105x125
>>63805390

Fun fact:

Because of this guy I learned the word nigger. When I was 10, my cousin came over to fix our computer. I was playing with my Star Wars figures and he was like, "who is that nig". I said, "his name is Captain Panaka" and he said, "no, his name is Captain Nigger".

He convinced me, telling me he had a second name, sort of like how the Kenner toys had two names (Walrusman, Snaggletooth, etc.) Later, I was playing and calling Panaka, nigger. My mom over heard and was loling at first, but then started getting mad. She was fucking pissed and I didn't understand why. I ended up getting in deep trouble when my dad came home. My cousin had set my ass up.

Good mammaries
>>
Honestly my biggest problem with that scene is the way it transitions in to some weird reactor room that feels so disconnected to the room they were in seconds before. A duel between ancient foes in a corpse strewn palace hall of an opulent regime both sides have been trying to manipulate for their own purpose would have been cooler symbolically, but then its all chrome platforms and shit out of nowhere.
>>
>>63805651
i will admit there is definitely more to kylo ren in terms of character devlopment but rey has fucking nothing going for her in that department, she's perfect at everything
>>
>>63805712
>literally every scene in TFA is better than this
This. There were some gorgeous shots and great scenes.

Also this.
>>63805624
>>
>>63804759
Darth Maul was great, his theme was great, watching him emerge in the distance later in the film after only hearing how dangerous he is was a fantastic moment, but this scene wasn't great otherwise, and the rest of the movie, sans podracing was shit. TFA has less stand out moments but it was an overall much more consistent film. No trade federation bullshit, no Jedi Council bullshit etc.
>>
>>63805551

I liked the stuff on Kamino too. The Jango vs Obi-Wan fight scene was cool.
>>
>>63805814
The asteroid belt sequence is also pretty nice.
>>
File: CJcuGq8WUAAI0PV.jpg (25 KB, 375x261) Image search: [Google]
CJcuGq8WUAAI0PV.jpg
25 KB, 375x261
>>63805712
>overchoreographed
>>
>>63805265
Clones was far worse.

Empire > A New Hope > Force Awakens > Jedi >>>>> ROTS > Phantom Menace > Clones.
>>
>>63805551
Jesus it looks like an episode of The Clone Wars
>>
>>63805212
>lacks purpose and emotion
>good choreography
you are just being contrarian, I'm not one to use that word lightly but you literally just gave two VERY good arguments as to why it's bad choreography and still insist it's good; you're obviously not being 100% sincere.
>>
>>63804759
TFA lightsaber battle >>>>>> Duel of the Fates
>>
>>63805242
Agreed, I really enjoyed TFA and put it up there with the prequels but the score was meh as fuck, I was hoping for at least one memorable Duel of Fates moments but it never came, seemed the main Star Wars theme just played perpetually throughout the whole film.
>>
>>63805077
>describe Rey to me without mentioning her gender, what she looks like, what she does or what her postion is.
.....mellow dramatic?
>>
>>63805927
switch jedi and empire and it's pretty much spot on

I was pretty pleased with TFA, but I just can't look past the fact that the script was entirely taken from ANH. I felt cheated then and I still do. He could've made something memorable
>>
File: 1425512118150.jpg (73 KB, 600x619) Image search: [Google]
1425512118150.jpg
73 KB, 600x619
>>63805624

Who was this guy?
>>
File: keep.jpg (50 KB, 871x481) Image search: [Google]
keep.jpg
50 KB, 871x481
>>63805742
>>
>>63805958
it should have been longer
>>
>>63805265
l>lll>ll
It never was.
>>
>>63806035
Sheev and Ewen make III easily the best of the prequels
>>
>>63805991
Can't deny that. First 2/3 of TFA was pretty GOAT, but that final act was just too close ANH.

I am legitimately hyped for the next one though now that all the character introductions and motives are out of the way.
>>
>>63805934
>Choreography is the art or practice of designing sequences of movements of physical bodies (or their depictions) in which motion, form, or both are specified
>The word choreography literally means "dance-writing" from the Greek words "χορεία" (circular dance, see choreia) and "γραφή" (writing)
Purpose and emotion have nothing to do with it. The choreography was good (i.e the actual fighting, which is why it seems like a good scene out of context), but the fight was empty
>>
>>63805927
Jedi is one of my favorites because the entire plot hinges on the Emperor's batshit insane plan to lure the rebels into a full-on assault on the Death Star, then make a super dramatic announcement to Luke that the station is operational (only possible because he rushed the fuck out of the crew in the opening sequence after getting this idea) and hope it's surprising enough to turn him to the Dark Side.
>Vader tells the Emperor the Rebels have infiltrated Endor
>the Emperor says "yes, I know" while still in the middle of his dramatic chair spin
GOAT
>>
>>63806121
Ewoks ruin it though
"a legion of my best troops" get killed by fucking teddy bears with rocks
>>
>>63806121
Jedi would be above A New Hope and TFA for me if it wasn't for all that fucking Ewok shit.

All the Sheev/Vader/Luke/Empire scenes were top fucking notch.
>>
>>63806121
>Jedi is one of my favorites
Jedi is one of my least favourites but the throne room scene and Sheev overall elevate it over the prequels and TFA
>>
File: The duel.gif (922 KB, 500x212) Image search: [Google]
The duel.gif
922 KB, 500x212
>>63804759

You're right, I can't.

That fucking John Williams score is amazing. They've been building up the entire movie to this. Damn, look at how they cast their robes aside like bad asses. Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan finally dealing with the Sith menace that's been tracking them down is amazing. I've never seen three opponents duel before.

I've been following Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan's journey, and suddenly, they're split apart. I feel kind of anxious because Qui-Gon looks a little tired with Maul getting some shots in. They're separated, this is tense, I thought Obi-Wan died for a minute (gotta remember that this is a prequel). There is some tension building with the laser walls splitting up the three combatants. It's really well done. I dig this practical environment as well as this brilliant choreography.

Woah, I love how Qui-Gon is meditating, saving up his energy while Maul arrogantly paces back and forth, giving him a sadistic smile. Whew, the walls are up. Will Obi-Wan make it to his mentor in time. Holy shit, the music has changed. It sounds menacing with the chorus like, OH FUCK, Qui-Gon just got stabbed. Fuck Maul, that hateful prick. Man, Obi-Wan looks pissed. Is he giving into anger and rage. Fuck, the wall is down. Oh man, look how fast Obi-Wan is going. OHHH shit, he just split that fucker's handle in two. Get him man, kill him. FUCK he just forced Obi-Wan down into the pit. Obi-Wan is fucking done. Damn, I forgot about Qui-Gon's saber. The sparks thing is neat as fuck, Maul is a sadistic fucker. Oh shit, something is happening. YES, slice that mother fucker. Bye bye, you piece of shit.

Man, this an emotional scene. In Qui-Gon's last breath he tells his former student, his friend, his surrogate son, to train Anakin even despite the tension that has been building regarding the boy's future. Ewan Mcgreggor and Liam Neeson are really killing it. Fuck, am I crying? "Yes master". Damn, Qui-Gon, my favorite character is dead.

This truly is a duel of the fates.
>>
>people saying it lacks purpose
Doesn't the council dismiss the idea that there are sith involved out of hand? Declare them dead and gone and that Qui Gonn is just being unreasonable? The door opens and Qui Gonn knows in that exact moment that everything he feared is true. Of course it has purpose. The fight after has its flaws, but darth maul revealing himself to the group is symbolic of the sith confirming their own existence to the jedi after so long in hiding. And then Qui Gonn immediately orders everyone out. Its great. The fight, yeah, whatever, but the first 30 seconds of that video in the context of the film so far are amazing.

Its a shame the rest of the PT isn't nearly as good as that scene.
>>
>>63805624
TRAITOR
>>
>>63805624

>>63806003
> This random guy destroyed Finn in seconds
>Phasma does shit in the entire film
>>
>>63804759
>The movie with the best scene is the better movie
That's retarded.
>>
File: palpie.jpg (6 KB, 300x292) Image search: [Google]
palpie.jpg
6 KB, 300x292
>>63806167
Yep still waiting for MUH LEGION
>>
>>63804759
Great music. I also like the pause when those weird force field doors are closed. Everything else is pretty bad.
>>
>>63805624
Does anyone else think this should've been Phasma? Seems like a good way to give Phasma something to do and also make the scene better...
>>
>>63806220
>Doesn't the council dismiss the idea that there are sith involved out of hand? Declare them dead and gone and that Qui Gonn is just being unreasonable?
They didn't completely buy into the Sith thing but they wanted to investigate it and didn't rule out anything

>Qui Gonn immediately orders everyone out.
That's what bothers me, there were like 20 people there + 2 Jedi. They could've just blasted that fucker right there and moved on
>>
>>63805894
>quickmeme.com
Hi, Reddit!
>>
>>63806317
it would have made sense for her to confront one of her wayward troops.
>>
What a wasted character. Episode 1 is a solid 4/10. Stop with this meme.
>>
File: Highest ground.png (19 KB, 1269x623) Image search: [Google]
Highest ground.png
19 KB, 1269x623
>>63805091
You have not taken into account that this is no ordinary jedi, this is Obi Wan, master of the high ground. Through his knowledge of the force he can change the high ground, from his point of view he is freefalling towards Maul, he couldn't stand a chance against such intrincate maneuver, so he died
>>
>>63806413
same with Grievous, from obi-wan's point of view he had the high ground
>>
>>63804759
Jesus just rewatching this, it's actually fucking comically bland and shitty in retrospect.
>>63806095
in a vacuum it could be considered technically good choreography (it's not) but in the context of a film, a choreographer has a responsibility to tie the choreography seamlessly into the film which means having it emotionally consistent and meaningful to the overall plot, pacing, characters etc. technically Beyonce's Dangerously in Love album is a commercially well made record, crafted and put together by marketers, producers and writers, it's a solid well made product that sold well; would it make a good score to Star Wars? The Aston Martin DB9 is a gorgeous car, would it be a good vehicle for Darth Maul to drive in the film? All of this being said, the choreography is shitty and boring anyway, but even if it was technically competent that wouldn't make it 'good' in the context of this scene.
>>
>>63806369
>They could've just blasted that fucker right there and moved on
Same could be said of every sith in the series though. The duel even happening is the result of jedi hubris isn't it?
>>
>>63805624
Calling it right now, that was the Daniel Craig cameo.
>>
>>63806072
Pod Racing and Duel of Fates makes PM the indisputable best.
>>
>>63804759
Qui-Gon meditated Daysi Ridley's style.
>>
>>63806505
Daniel Craig was the guy who told Rey "ill tighten your restraints scavenger scum" it has been revealed
>>
>>63805096
PROOPS
>>
>>63804759
Actually, you're right, there's not a single scene in TFA that tops this but that doesn't make TPM the better movie.
>>
>>63806317
No. I like how the individual Stormtroopers are given personality in TFA and how they individually react to Finn for example, some care, some don't give a shit/know who he is.
>>
>>63806585
that scene was fucking bullshit.

not only did the acting come off as TOO self aware, the fact she learned how to do that without even knowing she could use the force, was such a god damn cop out.
>>
>>63804910

The fucking alien spaceship scene was worse than this
>>
>>63805624

I want a figure of this guy.
>>
File: forceawakenspremiere0063.jpg (132 KB, 1280x1920) Image search: [Google]
forceawakenspremiere0063.jpg
132 KB, 1280x1920
>>63805255

>gender
>she's

Ohhh, s so close. But I'm afraid that's not the answer we were looking for. Better luck next time.
>>
File: BTFO.jpg (69 KB, 786x393) Image search: [Google]
BTFO.jpg
69 KB, 786x393
>>63804759

Honestly? The hangar, generator room, laser wall bridge and reactor pit look much more convincing as an environment when compared to that sound stagey looking winter forest area in the Force Awakens.

The model work is really great here. Look at those shots showing off the vast environment they're in as Maul pushes them further and further into the complex. The fight choreography and stunts really is Star Wars at it's finest. It's not too slow like the OT fights, nor too fast and obnoxious like Clones or Sith. Everything about these scenes are well done and excellently paced. Great visual effects (CGI and practical), fantastic music, and great stunts. Even has an emotional climax to boot. Sitting through a couple of bad Jar Jar moments and some boring parts of the movie for this made it worth the price of admission alone. I really dig this.

Well done Lucas.
>>
File: traitor.jpg (82 KB, 560x560) Image search: [Google]
traitor.jpg
82 KB, 560x560
>>63806726
Me too.
>>
>>63806708
movie was a solid 8/10 up to that point

the scene instantly lowered it to 7/10

the last 1/3rd of the film being ANH lowered it further to 5/10

It really just all crumbled down hard jesus
>>
>>63805742
That's funny. My friend used to call him Captain Pancakeuh. They're both acceptable names though imho.
>>
>>63806758

I would have watched an entire movie about this guy to be perfectly honest.
>>
File: HelloReddit.jpg (220 KB, 600x324) Image search: [Google]
HelloReddit.jpg
220 KB, 600x324
>>63804860
>>63804910
>>
>>63805239
Stay mad, my contrarian friend ;^)
>>
>>63806722
this, what the fuck was even the point

it seemed like a shitty filler episode except it happened middle of a fucking movie, served no purpose
>>
File: aqua.jpg (132 KB, 953x953) Image search: [Google]
aqua.jpg
132 KB, 953x953
>>63804759
>>63806218

Well written. I agree with you partly. The graphics and the visuals are great. Maul looks like one of those bad 00s haircuts with "frosted tips" or whatever though (see the guy on the right). The coreography is also a bit weak. Often the Jedi are standing around when they could take swings at Maul. And it's like they aim for the sabres, not to kill. There's also the stupidity of Qui'gon and Obi-Wan getting separated. However one good thing is that for a movie from 16 years ago it surprisingly doesn't feel that dated. And watching just a webm of this scene on my crappy laptop I feel more intensity than I did watching TFA in a theater.
>>
>>63805742

His wiki article is bad fucking ass.

Apparently he INVENTED those gay cable guns they use in that scene right there. He also:

>was educated offworld in several guilds, specializing in threat analysis and personal combat
>was given instruction from a Zabrak in the Tracker's Guild and later joined a Republic Special Task Force and gained combat experience against pirates
>Panaka took the death of Veruna particularly hard, and he felt the late King's death was his fault. To ensure this never happened again, he developed an elaborate security setup, which involved using the Queen's handmaidens as decoys. The ploy saved the life of Amidala more than once.

Just wait it gets better

>After the Clone Wars had broken out, Panaka learned of the marriage between Padmé Amidala and Anakin Skywalker and informed Palpatine.
>As Palpatine installed himself as Galactic Emperor, Panaka remained extremely loyal to him.
>Panaka even fought for Hissa against his prejudiced peers, up until he himself was promoted to Moff of the Chommell sector.

Based Moff Panaka was based.
>>
>>63805881
The surround sound during that scene was pretty epic.
>>
>>63806639
no, it doesnt.

the better cinematography, pacing, and music do that.

TFA was a fucking headache, Phantom menace was a bit of a slow burn in the middle, which isnt GOOD pacing, buts its preferable to have decent scenes to slow down and not throw shit in your face.

TFA was the most cramped feeling movie i;ve seen in a long time. The camera work, pacing, lack of wide establishing shots, shakey cam, the quick travel between planets, ect made it feel like the entire movie took place within the same 50 miles.

it didnt feel adventurous or epic, hell they even had head shots and close ups that dont exist in the other 6 movies except for a few particular scenes. They even violated the rules of third and had headshot dead center frame with no head room.

its absolutely garbage cinematography, at least TPM had that.
>>
>>63806820
>Being this buttblasted
yousa a idiot.
>>
>>63805930
Fooled you. That was from battlefront 1 actually.
>>
>>63805624

I didn't think this was that special. The premise for the weapon itself was stupid. The fact that he didn't shoot him instead is even more stupid. At the end of the movie I barely even remembered this scene, it didn't register for me except for its ridiculousness. Don't understand your guys' obsession with this guy. Also, why can't a saber cut through this? Electric magic?
>>
>>63806218
Thank you for this ultimate cringe.

It will be around this time tomorrow when my cringe finally subsides.
>>
>>63806889

I mean the music and the visuals*
>>
>>63804910
>I don't understand cinema
maybe you should be a youtube flick reviewer
>>
>>63806965
Woah, it's like The Phantom Menace all over again.
>>
>>63806928
>They even violated the rules of third and had headshot dead center frame with no head room.
you sound like a fucking moron who got all of his incomplete photography knowledge from infographics and forum threads on the internet.
>>
>>63806220
>darth maul revealing himself to the group is symbolic of the sith confirming their own existence to the jedi after so long in hiding

Um except they fought on Tatooine EARLIER IN THE FUCKING MOVIE.

This keen level of analysis is typical for fans of the prequels, lel.
>>
>>63806218
If this was copypasta, I'd stop to read it every time.
>>
File: MagnaGuard.jpg (63 KB, 944x896) Image search: [Google]
MagnaGuard.jpg
63 KB, 944x896
>>63806965

It's probably based on the same technology as the Magnaguard electrostaffs.

>Don't understand your guys' obsession with this guy.

Precisely BECAUSE it was fucking ridiculous. It made me want to know why that fucker was so hardcore buttmad about a traitor like Finn and why he was so much more competent than every other no-name stormtrooper.
>>
>>63806965
It's well established that energy fields can repel lightsabers you fucking retarded normie.
>Darth Maul's saber bouncing off the force field in the OP duel
>Grievous' bodyguards in RotS and their electric staves
>vibroblades in the EU
>>
>>63806484
Um no, Solo tried that and Vader made him talk to the dark hand.
>>
File: Angry bear.jpg (10 KB, 214x179) Image search: [Google]
Angry bear.jpg
10 KB, 214x179
>>63804759
TFA has no FUCKING TAXTATIONS AND TRADE ROUTES OR ANY OTHER OF THAT BULLSHIT.
>>
>>63806726
>>63806758
>>63806814

the only good thing about this movie, they made storm troopers more awesome. They're actual hardasses like they should be.

too bad the rest of the film was utter shit.

Hell his TRAITOR line and his pissed off firce fighting style gave him more character than any one else.
Believes in the Empire/first order
Is loyal beyond words to his brothers
Hates Treason
Is a skilled fighter
Able to take on multiple enemies showing competence.
has enough emotion to identify and target out Finn and beat his ass for killing his bros.
gets shit done.

Fuck the jedi, fuck the sith....Spin off movie series of Storm Troopers like Band of Brothers, just them kicking ass and fighting bitches and beating fuckers down.
>>
File: Windu-lightning-effects-2.png (622 KB, 1919x816) Image search: [Google]
Windu-lightning-effects-2.png
622 KB, 1919x816
>>63806369
A sith LORDDDD!?
>>
>>63804860
>there's no character development in the scene that makes Obi Wan a card carrying Jedi knight and where he watches his master get killed and in the process promises to train Anakin over Yoda's objections

For one, that literally connects with what Obi Wan says happened in the OT
>>
File: 1450171068993.jpg (84 KB, 720x707) Image search: [Google]
1450171068993.jpg
84 KB, 720x707
>>63805742
>"no, his name is Captain Nigger".
>>
>>63807019
>I cant refute his points some im going to claim he's full of shit based on him pointing out the most basic rule of camerawork.

Cry more faggot. Prove me wrong.
>>
File: 1443384808789.jpg (29 KB, 500x268) Image search: [Google]
1443384808789.jpg
29 KB, 500x268
>>63804759
Darth Maul had the high ground and he still died like a bitch.
>>
when obi goes into rage mode at the end of the duel the fight suddenly turns awesome
>>
>>63807011
>Unironically defending TPM
Now this is shitposting! *smiling and destroying a spaceship by himself*
>>
>>63807127
ok, with that fair point....

Describe what the new republic is about
Why the resistance isnt the republic army and Why its so rag tag despite funding from the republic
And what is the First Order's end game outside of forming the empire again.
>>
>>63807111
>It made me want to know why that fucker was so hardcore buttmad about a traitor like Finn

Maybe it's just me but I thought deserters would be executed and made an example of in many famous militaries. There's also the communal loyalty to the brotherhood of the First Order/Reich. I can get where he gets his passion from.
>>
File: A True Republic Commando.gif (719 KB, 160x120) Image search: [Google]
A True Republic Commando.gif
719 KB, 160x120
>>63807133

I'd watch the fuck out of that. I know they'd never quite be on the same level as Clone Troopers, but there's something a bit more compelling about Stormtroopers because most of them actually had a choice in becoming one instead of being designed explicitly for that purpose.
>>
>>63807133
It has been proven, time and again that the best thing Star Wars does are the troopers.

>coolest part of prequels is probably the clone army
>clone wars animated series has a huge amount of ok/average/shit episodes and about 10 troop-centred ones that are insanely good
>most star wars games are ok
>battlefront and republic commando, two games that focus around troopers are far above the rest
>>
>>63807171
This is the funniest thing I've seen in exactly 37 days.

Jesus christ, top kek.
>>
>>63806738
Just replace every pronoun with her name then, you idiot.
>>
>>63807190
>Close ups are a bad thing just because
>rule of thirds in a fucking close up
>not knowing that breaking composition rules can create tension and make the viewer feel uncomfortable
I don't even know what fucking close up you're talking about so I can't get specific but the fact that you are bringing up rule of thirds and claiming that a close up with no 'head room' is grounds to claim a film is bad makes me think your knowledge and opinions are half-baked.
>>
>>63807287
>>63807133

Are there any games where you play as Imperial storm troopers?
>>
File: 1434916964577.gif (365 KB, 500x275) Image search: [Google]
1434916964577.gif
365 KB, 500x275
>>63807276

I wonder how many of that guy's buddies died as a result of Finn's betrayal. They should make a comic or something telling the guy's story leading up to that fight.
>>
File: que.png (250 KB, 628x271) Image search: [Google]
que.png
250 KB, 628x271
>>63804759
Why didn't he just do a speed run like he did at the beginning of the movie.

also this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqVqxWU-Itg
>>
>>63807255
>And what is the First Order's end game outside of forming the empire again
what was the Empires end game in any film. Power, control, spread of malice. It's just a facist regime. Not that hard to understand.

The Resistance is that way because it has to mobilise forces itself, as opposed to the Empire which actively mobilises military forces as part of a mandate. Every clone that is born is made to be a soldier and that's their life.

doesn't explain why they all have shitty aim, but...
>>
File: Dankbacca.jpg (974 KB, 1888x1436) Image search: [Google]
Dankbacca.jpg
974 KB, 1888x1436
>>63807255
No thnx, I'm just here to meme.
>>
>>63807367
because Lucas is a hack
>>
>>63804860
Red letter media form that opinion for you?
>>
>>63807367
pretty sure it has long period CD, like probably can only use it once a week or something
>>
>>63804759
>as soon as the new movie is out /tv/ is suddenly and mysteriously in love with the prequels
You people are so pathetic, you must realise that your taste in films is literally just "how can I be different to everyone else"
>>
>>63804910
or a Captain Phasma you dummie ?
>>
>>63807422
TPM is fucking bad, accept it.
>>
>>63807339
I don't think so but Republic Commando is a shooter about a 4 man clone task force. It was pretty good too IIRC
>>
Every part of the movie in Jakku and space felt so much like Star Wars, damn it was incredible, the whole Starkiller sequence was pretty bad tho. Fuck JJ.
>>
>>63807327
>>Close ups are a bad thing just because
I didnt claim that but when people are just MUGGING in the camera and we cant tell who is where or get a good establishing shot, and the close ups are every other shot its gets fucking headache inducing.
>>rule of thirds in a fucking close up
in WIDESCREEN, modern 16:9 or close equivalent depending on film and camera used, this isnt a sergio leone film, where that works. tStar wars isnt shot like that.

>>not knowing that breaking composition rules can create tension and make the viewer feel uncomfortable
yeah in horror films or scenes where its called for, these scenes didnt have that.
>>
>>63807457
Two movies left, nigger ;^)
>>
>>63805814
>>63805881
HEY IM A RED LETTER MEDIA COP YOUR NOT SUPPOSED TO LIKE THE PREQUELS YOU STUPID MILLENNIALS YOU GUYS ARE DUMB MOVIE GOERS.
>>
>>63804860
>character development
>bitch doesn't know how to use a saber one minute
>is a fucking expert the next
>development
>>
>>63807390
That war article was really good
>>
>>63806218
Hey Im the internet police and your under arrest for liking something about the prequels !
>>
>>63804759
Obi Wan literally uses the same move Anakin tried to use on him in Revenge of the Sith even though Maul had the high ground.
>>
>>63806003
I mean part of the mission statement of the first order is to eradicate the jedi, stands to reason they'd have at least some guys that have training and equipment that makes them last more than half a second against one.
>>
>>63806738
its not mentioning her gender if you use a fucking pronoun, jesus christ you mongoloids are in every one of these threads
>>
>>63804759
I'm just glad the prequels gave us Duel Of The Fates
>>
>>63804759

>The flashiest, most soulless scene in The Phantom Menace
>better than anything in The Force Awakens
>>
>>63807339
There's republic commando, but its set during the clone wars.
Battlefront has a few missions where you are
>>
>>63804759
>uno orgasmo @ 1:09
>>
>>63807669
It's a pasta so don't get you hopes up, buttblasted friend.
>>
>>63807693
Which is why Obi-Wan was able to beat literally the most powerful jedi the galaxy. He saw it coming. Anakin had no idea that that had happened, so he had no reasonable expectation to think that Obi-Wan would be able to counter it. But since Obi-Wan had been in Anakin's situation before, he knew what Anakin would do, and thus was able to beat LITERALLY THE MOST POWERFUL JEDI THE GALAXY HAD EVER SEEN
>>
>>63807525
I don't like the originals mate
>>
>>63804759
all 3 of the prequels were better that TFA. Starwars just got cucked.
>>
File: image.jpg (56 KB, 1024x653) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56 KB, 1024x653
>>63804759
If only they didn't cut away during this fight!
>>
JJ Abrams will never be able to recreate something as awesome as this
>>
The Darth Maul fight was dope.

So was the pod race.

All TFA had was retarded shit like lightsabers looking as weighty as a fucking real sword. At least Lucas wasn't dumb enough to fuck something that basic up.
>>
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 600x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 600x480
>>63806749
But what about the editing?
>>
>literally every Star Shit movie is bad
>all these neckbeards arguing over which one may be a bit better

lmao'ing @ ur "taste"
>>
>>63807367
>Why didn't he just do a speed run like he did at the beginning of the movie.

fucking pleb
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3dI-ghYimg
>>
>>63808725
It's kinda true. The same complaints leveled at this movie were leveled at the OT.

>boring, flat characters
>cliche, hackneyed plot
>bad dialogue
>special effects vehicle

I mean there's basically no difference in criticism between an adult that hated the OT on release and an adult that hated the PT on release.
>>
File: image.jpg (272 KB, 1920x824) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
272 KB, 1920x824
https://youtu.be/IOqf7DppNmY
>>
>>63805624
This nigger should have been replaced with Phasma. She was criminally underused.
Thread replies: 178
Thread images: 33

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.