[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we at least agree that this man at least managed to not embarrass
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 10
Can we at least agree that this man at least managed to not embarrass the franchise unlike Lucas?

Episode VII wasn't as good as the originals (what SW movie ever will be), but at least they weren't utter shit like George's prequels. It was at least an entertaining movie.
>>
Yes, we can agree on that.
>>
>>63803723
It was okay. I'll give it was entertaining. Didn't quite capture that original trilogy feeling.
>>
Nope it's offically worse than episode II because creativty is suddenly the only metric to judge a movie by
>>
It was pretty good. I'll give that it was entertaining. It did a good job of capturing the original trilogy feeling.
>>
>>63803800
You can never go home again. Nothing will ever capture that feeling for you again. You will never feel that way again. Sorry, dude. This is a part of getting old.
>>
I thought it was better than the garbage that is return of the jedi

other than that you're spot on OP
>>
No, prequels were actually good, stop the forced meme.
>>
>>63803810
>worse than episode II

/tv/ may have gone too far in a few places
>>
>>63803723
How can a franchise be embarrassed?
>>63803839
Also, Hollywood sucks at making good films anymore. So much so that something like this is met with excitement and praise. Yay, it's serviceable!
>>
>>63803839
*sigh, guess your right.

>>63803810
>worse than episode II

are you fucked up on drugs?
>>
>>63803894
top lel
>>
I actually liked both his Treks
>>
File: swag.jpg (98 KB, 400x344) Image search: [Google]
swag.jpg
98 KB, 400x344
>>63803894
>No, prequels were actually good
>>
>>63804052
The only people who knock his franchise movies are rabid fanboys.
>>
>>63803723
>implying any element of TFA is even remotely good
Expect many triggered /tv/ autists.
>>
File: 1439031260015.gif (833 KB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
1439031260015.gif
833 KB, 200x150
>>63803723
Was that really the original scroll?
>antagonists literally outright named as evil before the movie even begins
>mfw someone suggests any part of the Star Wars universe is for anyone over the age of 15
>>
Yeah, but on that same note Lucas at least tried a few new things with the Prequels (even if they were filled with pottery) instead of remaking the OT
>>
>>63803810
I get all the (you)s mommy!
>>
>>63804120
Episodes 1 and 4 have very similar plots you dingus.
>>
>>63803723
no, he made a safe cookie cutter film with the same template as a new hope that would be good enough to appeal as many demographics as possible and open up as many sequels as possible
>>
File: 1448068252691.png (213 KB, 635x542) Image search: [Google]
1448068252691.png
213 KB, 635x542
>>63803723
>they weren't utter shit
>>
>>63803723
>>63803810
yes, its worse than episode 2.
Nothing real new, old design, only twitched, anh story plus eu elements.
come on, that equalizes the the good things about episode 2.
the romantic scene and anakin equals the deathstar fall and the rey-kylo fight.
But in the end ep2 was more new, more force fluff and braver.
So its worse than ep2
but both are good films.
>>
File: durhurrr.jpg (27 KB, 500x332) Image search: [Google]
durhurrr.jpg
27 KB, 500x332
>>63804211
and hey, so does VII!, wow, it's like it's connected or something!
>>
It's a better movie than the Prequels, but I think it's worse for the canon.

Like, the prequels had some shitty diaglogue and a lot of meandering, but they're still really good at world building, showing you the republic in its twilight, the rise of Palpatine, the end of the Jedi, etc. It did fuck up Vader, but otherwise they were pretty successful at building the universe.

TFA is a much more entertaining movie, but the First Order, the existence of a "resistance", and the state of the original characters make me miss the stupid bullshit the EU was filled with by the end.
>>
>>63804120
trying things and failing that badly wasn't really worth the trouble.

those films being bad are pretty much part of the canon.
>>
The prequels are like classical antiquity, and the new films are like the Renaissance. You need to watch them in the context in which they were made.

JJ did not do a "better" job, he did a "different" style of film.
>>
>>63804258
jesus, I'm glad I'm not a fucking idiot like you.

>nothing real new

That's because it's set AFTER 4,5,6 YOU INCOMPETENT NEANDERTHAL
>>
>>63804320
>muh canon
>>
>>63804211
not really.
the plots are different.
and from the scene didactic its visual similar to ep6
>>
5>4>6>3>7=1>2

I wanted 7 to be good, i still have hopes for Rian and 8. But why was 7 so boring?
>>
>>63804347
You dont have any justifications, so you write insults.
And because its a sequell you cant change anything?
That explains why they can destroy the starkiller the same way the deathstars are destroyd, even easier.
Mhh, thats why the Imperium after ep3 is winning and defeated after ep6. Makes sense, thx anon.
>>
>>63804445
Because its a safe script and wanted to please too many crowds.
>>
>>63803723
>>63803767
I dont know where you comefrom but where I am, copy pasting and plagiarizing it's a great deed of shame.
>>
I'll sleep on it and get back to you tomorrow.
>>
File: latest.jpg (172 KB, 1000x666) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
172 KB, 1000x666
>>63803723
How can you fail if you just remake something that was successful. He added nothing to the franchise other than fan service. Lucas at least tried to do something new.
>>
>>63804445
Obviously because you're much smarter than most people.
>>
>>63804616
No I'm just shocked at your idiocy. What do you want changed? Do you want Z wings and Tye-dye Fighters?????

I will agree, they rushed blowing up the Starkiller.
>>
>>63804876
Well thank you. I always knew there was something special about me. But that aside 7 really dragged after jakku up until the final battle. I wish they would've cut out most of the Han leia dialog for more fasma/hux. Or at least make it more interesting.
>>
>>63804889
How about a super star destroyer fleet that collects asteroids and with mass accelerator makes a ion star destroyer projectile.
How about in the time gap the imperium is splintered and now in ep7 agrres to work together, which the republic (rebelion) tries to stop by destroying them.
How about the tie-fighters we see more diverse tie-fighter, maybe more purpose driven design. Battle on waterplanets, gasplanets. New rebelion ships.
New headhunter to stop plans for the new ship.
>>
>>63803723
Fuck you nigger. George Lucas cant embarrass Star Wars he is Star Wars. The jews bought it from him to push their race mixing bias. This was fucking awful. Just a rip off this was trash. It wasnt a movie. It was a fucking fan fiction plagiarized bull shit nigger show. Fuck you faggot.
>>
>>63804823
you cant argue with niggers who went into this movie wanting desperately to love it. Or niggers who read reviews and just repeat them verbatim. Niggers are niggers. No matter what you say theyll stay niggers.
>>
Force Awakens is better than RotJ and easily on par with Star Wars and ESB

It's just become such a meme to hate Star Wars around here that people just can't conceive that the new star wars is actually good
>>
>Can we at least agree that this man at least managed to not embarrass the franchise unlike Lucas?

Is this a fucking joke
he turned it into a MCCU movie with star wars paint
>>
File: 1435636309592.jpg (252 KB, 418x534) Image search: [Google]
1435636309592.jpg
252 KB, 418x534
>>63803723
>but at least they weren't utter shit like George's prequels
That's not really setting the bar very high
>>
>>63805524
Its a good movie, but with the time and universum.
The 50 years of professionell directors and film biz, its just a good movie for this franchise. Like ep2. Thats why its on par.
Its just a good popcorn movie, but most new star wars movies are this.
>>
>>63804336
the "different" style you are referring to is the style of the originals, plus the plot points of the originals, and funny little minor things about the originals. the movies that people actually liked.
>>
>>63805661
pretend to like for "nerd points"*
>>
File: viper.jpg (147 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
viper.jpg
147 KB, 1500x1500
>>63805454
>>
>>63805524
Better than Vader vs Luke and the second DS run? fuck off.
>>
>>63803723
This movie will make more than any other movie. That is pretty much all that matters. Gj jj you were the right choice
>>
>>63805524
I wouldn't say on par with ANH and ESB its roughly RotJ, maybe better, but yeah it was a good film and I enjoyed watching it, people just prefer to meme and hate on things than say yeah it was good. There are problems with the film but its way better than any prequel could have been.
>>
>>63805661

Are you trying to say that pseudo reboots are better? Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Episode 7 was bad, I thoroughly enjoyed it, but it added nothing new to the franchise. It preyed on our emotions for nostalgic kicks.

Again, nothing wrong with that, but come back to earth, m8.
>>
Why is /tv/ full of hipster, holier than thou cunts who can't just appreciate a fun sci-fi movie?
>>
From my perspective the prequels are good
>>
Did anyone get a kick out of Venom C3PO?
>>
>>63806252
Underrated post.
>>
>>63804087
This.
>>
>>63806252
We dont, we just discuss on a high level a good movie.
But we are honest and dont look through the fanboy goggles.
And prequels wernt this bad as many star wars fans say. they are all good popcorn movies. A sci-fi/fantasie soap opera.
>>
>>63804258
>AOTC is a good film
>AOTC being "good" at anything besides "being the embodiment of a shitty movie"
>>
>>63803723
Yes, it was a fun movie. I probably won't rewatch it in the next 5 years, but it was definitely enjoyable.

Surprisingly Jew Jew's cinematography is what I liked the most, it had some amazing landscape shots, especially on Jakku.
>>
I pretty much enjoyed the movie till that one scene that ruined the fucking franchise.
>inb4 youre a faggot
>>
>>63806252

It was a fun movie, I'll give it that. Most of it was enjoyable, I liked most of the characters, it felt like Star Wars again.

Overall, I'd rank it fourth. V=VI>IV>VII>III>II=I
>>
What the fuck is with all the Lucas was right, prequels are good, revisionist history going on in /tv/ right now?

Have you fags swung that far in your efforts to be contrarian? Those movies are awful. Fucking awful.

I haven't even seen the new SW and I can't imagine it being as unwatchable as any of the prequels were. The prequels weren't just bad SW movies, they were bad movies that took a shit on the originals by virtue of being so goddamned bad.
>>
>>63806511
If you think so, its ok.
Everyone his opinion.
>>
>>63806252
>fun
Nice buzzword you low IQ /b/abbie
>>
>>63806560
There were some great shots but there were also really shitty ones too. Some scenes were overly dense, especially when X-wings were involved. Also the last scene felt very off with the helicopter shit and some of the step climbing felt weird.

It wasn't bad but I personally didn't enjoy a lot of it.
>>
>>63806679
I always said they were good. Not as good as the original, but good.
Its more of the fanboys that swings "prequels were so bad, because its all new and nothing like the ones before".
And i think on /tv/ its more one third "glorious", one third "good" and one third "bad"
>>
>>63806679
If you use the word "contrarian", you're literally just an idiot. It's an invented concept by idiots with reddit sensibilities who are too fragile to deal with criticism of mediocre media that has widespread appeal.

It's a troubling manifestation of millennials' mental weakness. Seriously, the only people who would even entertain any "argument" involving the concept of being "contrarian" are weak, lazy idiots who can't deal with criticism substantively.

It it bothers you that much that people criticize mediocre mass-marketed shit designed to appeal to the lowest common denominator, like Star Wars, breaking Bad, etc., you should find a safe bubble and stay there. Or kill yourself.
>>
>>63807119

im pretty sure i just read this in another thread

im gonna copypasta this as well, its good
>>
>>63806753
Just for curiosity's sake, what makes AOTC a good movie, in your opinion?
>>
>>63806252
It was more "fun" shitting on the prequels than it was watching some mediocre, bland, glib facsimile of the original trilogy.
>>
>>63803838
If you want the OT, why not just watch it rather than an inferior rehash?

I can only hope the rather unimpressive and mediocre Rian Johnson and Colin Trevorrow do something original, but I seriously doubt it.
>>
>>63807286
I won't lie the Clones fighting everything themselves is pretty fucking cool, aswell as Obi-wan Vs. Jango and how the clones came to be.
>>
>>63803723
He did his thing which was being pretty unoriginal but not bad
>>
File: empire.jpg (68 KB, 1903x847) Image search: [Google]
empire.jpg
68 KB, 1903x847
>>63806252
Why are you on a specialty board if you want to talk about things at face value ? Go to /b/ if you want to talk about how cool kylo ren is. VII wasn't good cinema. It felt like it was produced for television. The CG was shit, the second half of the movie was filler, and the most iconic character was killed off in the most under whelming NO BUILD up moments ever. Also, Kylo Ren is literally that potion guy from Harry Potter, Snokes scenes looked like an xbox 360 cut scene and you sir have no idea what movie this is supposed to be a derivative of ... STAR WARS, a movie that has entire cinema classes devoted to it. YOU CANNOT find me one shot in the new star wars that is even half as good as this.
>>
>>63807960
Damn nigga, u mad
>>
>>63803723
My only complaints were that Rey learned force stuff too quickly on her own, Finn could have used a little more character development before turning on the First Order, seeing cgi (especially Han interacting with it for some reason) was a little jarring after seeing a lot of good practical stuff.
>>
>>63806252
also because you are a fucking idiot, the movie was one gigantic fan service revolving around 2 big reveals. _____ Dies, and Luc at the end. Can I watch Episode 7 40 times like I did the original Trilogy ??? Will people be talking about it in 30 years in cinema studies classes ?
>>
File: Star Wars Jewish.jpg (125 KB, 1339x374) Image search: [Google]
Star Wars Jewish.jpg
125 KB, 1339x374
>>63803723
>Jews
>>
The movie did what it needed to.

Star Wars is relevant again (for better or worse) and it got all of the nostalgia wanking oldfags have been crying about out of the way so the next two can focus on the new.

I guarantee that episode VIII will be something new, just look at the director.
>>
>>63803723
the prequels weren't the best movies by any means, but they were original and added a lot to the star wars lore

jj added absolutely nothing to star wars but normies are eating it up because "muh originals"
>>
>>63803723
I'm fine with remakes if the movie is meant to be a remake and i'm told before hand that it's a remake. The Force Awakens is a remake.
>>
>every comment of the force awakens is criticism
>always ends comment with "it was good"
Kek, just accept it faggs, ir was both boring and shit. Watch it a second timw and you will understand.
>>
>>63808497
Only people in denial think that. But it is disgusting how alike the plot is to episode 4.
>>
>>63803723
No, because is a hack, he remade a New Hope, but made a worse version of it. The prequels were bad, but at least they were original.

You just like it because its more diverse. Replace it with white guys an a stronk myn and its a shit movie.
Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.