[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does he wear the mask? Serious replies only, please
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 2
File: kylo-ren-header.jpg (48 KB, 640x379) Image search: [Google]
kylo-ren-header.jpg
48 KB, 640x379
Why does he wear the mask? Serious replies only, please
>>
File: 1450475329369.png (680 KB, 569x802) Image search: [Google]
1450475329369.png
680 KB, 569x802
>>63803523
>>
He wants to be a badass sith like Vader.
>>
>>63803523
Because he's hiding his shame for being in a movie which flagrantly plagiarized it's past iterations.
>>
Because he's obsessed with Vader and wants to be like him.
>>
>>63803523
Maybe an attempt to appeal to the revan crowd?
>>
>>63803523
To hide his face you retard
>>
Because he is a glib facsimile of Vader
>>
>>63803554
>>63803578
>>63803638
You must have misunderstood me. When I said "serious replies only" what I really meant was that I wanted you to meme the everloving shit out of me
>>
>>63803523
The same reason storm troopers wear masks. With the added Vader fanboy influences
>>
>>63803523
because its cold outside and he has sensitive skin
>>
>>63803684
Maybe you should go back to ytmnd.com
>>
because his ears are fuckhuege
>>
>>63803684

But that's the reason. Even Han says that he should stop usino that mask, since he doesnt really need it.

Also his obsession for Darth Vader is shown multiple times in the movie.
>>
>>63803523
why would you shoot a man, then throw him out of a plane?
>>
>>63803523

he saw it on sale at walmart for $49.99 and he just couldnt resist
>>
>>63803817
>>63803578

How the fuck does he even know how great Darth Vader was???

He died like 50 years ago (i don't know how fast/slow time moves in the Star Wars Universe)

There was no one to pass on his legacy.
>>
Wasn't impressed by him at all.

Also, is Finn likely to end up a Jedi himself?
>>
>>63803914
The New Order are remnants of The Empire, it's no wonder they know who Vader is. Not to mention he's the son of Leia and Han, and they would tell him about Vader.
>>
>>63803914
Did you even watch the movie? Vader is Ren's grandfather, how the fuck could he not know about Vader?

He also literally had Vader's destroyed helmet in his possession
>>
>>63804017
Yea, but they wouldn't tell him how fucking badass Vader was. Literally, anyone who could pass down Vader's legacy blew up on the Death Star. Unless, there are Sith Lords we didn't know about. Which seems to be the case.
>>
So that people will take him seriously as a leader.
>>
>>63803523

It's poetry about how he hides his insecurities behind the mask and his bad boy persona
when he takes the mask off, that's the point in the movie where he becomes more insecure, vulnerable and emotionally unstable (it's when he confronts rey and learns she has force powers and has earned the respect of his dad, something he never did)
>>
>>63804033
Did YOU ever watch the movie? Sure, he knew about Vader, but would know nothing about his prowess as a Sith Lord. Also, HOW THE FUCK did they get that helmet? Some Fucking Ewok on Ednor scoop that shit up or something?
>>
>>63803523
because no one cared who he was till he put it on
>>
>>63803914

Vader died some days before Kylo Ren's conception. There's a 20 years time skip (we have no precise date but boh Rei and Ren appear to be 19 to 21 years old, from experience Id say theyre 20).

Also Kylo Ren owns the Darth Vader's helmet, it's shown in the first part of the movie, so we know that Kylo knows at the very least that Vader used to have a mask.

His mask is designed to be similar to the Vader one: it's black, inhuman and it alters the voice of the bearer while making breathing sounds way heavier.
>>
>>63804150
>would know nothing about his prowess as a Sith Lord
Snoke told him.
>>
>>63804323
how did he get the fucking helmet???
>>
>>63804150

Way would he know nothing? Vader in his primes was most likely he second most famous person in the entire galaxy. It would be almost impossible to hide his sith past to Kylo (it would also be detrimental, Kylo should have learnt to deal with his legacy).

About the helmet: I guess it was scavenged and traeated ad a precious relic (Imagine how much would Hitler's scalp worth if we had it)
>>
>>63804422

We dont know.
We actually know almost nothing about Ren and Rei past, theyre obviously saving it for the next movies (we know they thought about it anywyay, the Rei's flashback scene made it pretty clear).
>>
Because Vader wore one.
>>
>>63803523
He's trying Death Invader but in reality he is a glib facsimile.
>>
>>63804094
They'd talk about his infamy and Snoke, or others in the First Order probably gave him glory stories too.
>>
>>63804490
I could see that. But his body was on a planet filled with Furbies and Republic, who hated him so much.
>>
>>63804679
Right. Here's the thing, I have a pretty good knowledge of the original stories (I'm not talking about the bajillion books written). So where does Snoke come from?
>>
>>63804773
shut up, nerd.
>>
>>63803523
Vader fanboy
>>
>>63803523
He isnt a good fighter, example rey-kylo fight. So he wears a protection and maybe it has a hud version.
>>
>>63804843
where do you think you are?
>>
>>63804723

Well, notice how Vader's helmet was intact when he died and how, 20 years later, the helmet is severly bruised.

Something happened, there's certainly some backstory to it, they'll most likely explain it in the next Episodes.
>>
>>63804943
on a Vietnamese cartoon distribution board
>>
>>63804773

Its new stuff.

Almost if not all of the EU is now noncanon.
>>
>>63805020
I just assumed it melted in the funeral bier.
>>
>>63804773
Snoke is OC, my nigga.
>>
>>63805020
Ah, like maybe episode 6, where they burn his fucking helmet (and body) on the funeral pyre? Yeah, that one.
>>
>>63805136
>>63805266
this.

We gotta fucking Ewok Traitor niiigggaaaaa
>>
>>63805020
It melted and warped in the funeral pire friend
>>
>>63803523
He doesn't look or sound menacing without the mask. It's an attempt to make him look more terrifying than he really is. I kinda wish he hadn't taken the mask off so willingly the first time. It should have been taken off at the Han Solo scene.
>>
>>63805266

Mmh, you may be right.

Whatever, everything is now pure speculation, we just have to want for Episode 7.
Now we just know that the helmet survived the pyre and somehow ended up in Kylo's hands.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.