[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT fuck you I liked it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (9 KB, 168x250) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
9 KB, 168x250
ITT fuck you I liked it
>>
Ah fuck you leather man
>>
File: 1450471909737.gif (1006 KB, 500x233) Image search: [Google]
1450471909737.gif
1006 KB, 500x233
Only 1 reason to see the movie
>>
>>63802815
That's alright Reddit.
>>
The Star War was a success then?
>>
>>63802815
a glib facsimile
>>
>>63802815
You have the mental capacity of a 6th grader, bravo.
>>
was entertaining

the only people who are sore about it are the same ones who point out how poorly OT aged over the years

also people completely forgetting what the original OT felt like

the only bad part was carrie fishers acting

prove me wrong
>>
>>63802877
I loved how they made the storm troopers somewhat competent in this film. ESPECIALLY this motherfucker
>>
>>63803037
No. People who like anything with a STARWARS Logo will like it regardless of what it is though.
>>
>>63803080
>>63803066
>>63803037
>>63802862

No fun allowed! Everything must be solid gold! I'm an autistic shut-in who criticizes popular and good movies because I'm a contrarian!
>>
>>63803917
it was gold as far as star wars goes

it's the third best star wars movie
>>
>>63802877
Truly, the Stark Jegan pilot of Star Wars
>>
it was pretty good i'd give it a decent 4/10
>>
File: 1447226999366.jpg (14 KB, 348x282) Image search: [Google]
1447226999366.jpg
14 KB, 348x282
>>63803917
>You're just nitpicking / hate it for no reason!
It's starwars so it has to be good ;_; [/spoler]
>mfw watching this movie
>>
>>63803969
I understand, I'm just saying that everyone on /tv/ is hating on this movie because JJ directed it, or it's not the OT, or "muh anti-SJW conspiracies", or Han dies, or some other dumb shit. It was a good movie, and critics agree on that. Sorry, kiddos.
>>
one of the most popular criticisms i'm hearing is "HURR DURR IT'S ANOTHER 'A NEW HOPE'"
but considering how much of a train wreck the original trilogy was, JJ didn't really have a choice. he had to do something that would win over the fanbase so he made a safe yet enjoyable film. sure it had a large amount of fanservice but nothing that was too distracting.
that said, there were still enough differences to make it it's own film.
on a personal note, it's fucking clever how this is the first STAR WARS film to use a STAR in the WAR
I could nitpick but fuck it. 9/10. can't wait for VIII
>>
>>63803969
>3rd best
I think most people will agree with this
>>
i marathoned the movie last night it was okay
>>
>>63804275
>marathon
>one film
all my what
>>
>>63804190
hello reddit!
>>
>>63804275
>marathoned
>one movie
wtf
>>
>>63804348
hi friend
>>
>>63802877

Remember when /tv/ said this was stupid a week ago?
>>
>>63802815
I enjoyed it for the parallels to the first film. Ray though, or Rae, however you spell her name, is the worst possible parallel to Luke. Even Finn was better.
>>
>>63804275
dafuq?
>>
>2014
>caring this much about a glib facsimile
>>
wish they had taken more risks. it was basically a remake of IV
>>
I liked it

Now can we go back to normal /tv/?
>>
>>63804479
>current year
>trying to force a shitty meme
>>
>>63804433
Because when it's just a trailer bit, where Finn seemingly stops to fight a Stormtrooper with a baton for no reason it DOES look stupid

but then when you find out that Trooper specifically targets Finn because he recognizes him as a traitor, you realize that even in this minor skirmish with a faceless goon there is something going on with the characters, and it makes it great
>>
>>63804452
uhhh rae is more like anakin
>>
Wait a month or two after denial goes off and people realize this is shit
>>
>>63804452
she's not a parallel to luke you fucking retard
she embodies all of the old cast
leia's stubbornness, luke's urge to be a hero, and han's intelligence
finn and poe are new characters while the old characters are reborn into the new hero
it was so fucking obvious and brilliant
kill yourself
>>
>>63804338
>>63804402
>>63804465

this was a reddit test, you all failed. now get the fuck out
>>
>>63802877

This. This is the only fucking memorable moment of the movie.
>>
literally better than anything lucas ever did

prove me wrong

empire doesn't count because he didn't write or direct it
>>
>>63804576
No, it seems like she just embodied all the shit parts of the old cast.

>leia's being a worthless fuck
>luke's being overly emotional
>han's not wanting to get involved with things
>>
>>63804612
hellooo reddit!
>>
>>63804655
is this bait?

>leia's being a worthless fuck
she stopped han from being killed, saved finn, took down kylo ren, and made something of herself. she was a scavenger, now she's a hero.
>luke's being overly emotional
except it wasn't constant bitching, it was constantly feeling the need to help and be a hero.
>han's not wanting to get involved with things
except she was the one telling finn that the mission isn't finished and that they need to get the droid to the resistance the ENTIRE FUCKING TIME
holy shit
you're actually blind / deaf / autistic if you coudln't figure any of that out
>inb4 le b8 xDD
>>
>>63804926
>she stopped han from being killed, saved finn, took down kylo ren, and made something of herself
You mean when she came up with a plan which Finn could just have easily come up with, saved him during a completely pointless capture scene which did nothing to advance the story, and beat Kylo Ren only because she just suddenly gets super ebin jedi powers out of nowhere and with no real development?
>except it wasn't constant bitching, it was constantly feeling the need to help and be a hero
>"I wanna go home ;^( even though I know there's no point and I chose to leave in the first place lol"
>except she was the one telling finn that the mission isn't finished and that they need to get the droid to the resistance the ENTIRE FUCKING TIME
It really seemed like she was being bitchy and trying to convince Han and Finn to keep up the mission, while she went back home, because that's the only thing she wanted to do. Also that stupid scene where she rejected Luke's lightsaber.
>>
>>63803917
Anon, this is 4chan in 2016. The entire site is satire at this point.
>>
>>63804655
Maybe she has both good and bad traits of the original cast.
>>
>GF wants to watch more of the stuff that I like
>She's a huge weeaboo, so we have common interest in anime and manga
>Play each others games
>She hated my favorite game (dragons dogma), and I'm not wild about hers (demons souls)
>She's watched a bunch of star trek with me, original series and the first 2 seasons of TNG
>Her friends are hyped about the new star wars movie
>She saw episode 1 years ago, never saw the others
>We sit down to watch them
>Episode 4
>"Pretty good, but why does everyone forget about Obi Wan? Oh shit, he's dead! Ok, lets go!"
>Tonight, sit down for episode 5
>"Better, characters are doing stuff, the plot is moving."
>Get to the end, the dvd ends
>Yawn, she switches the dvd out
>Episode 6 starts
>"I'm invested now. I just want my gay robot son C3PO to be ok."
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.