[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
mfw /tv/ is too pleb for shakespeare
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: macpleb.jpg (40 KB, 636x358) Image search: [Google]
macpleb.jpg
40 KB, 636x358
how do you not recognize this adaptation for the great film that it is? nvm, just go on jerking off to Star Wars
>>
Shakespeare was the capeshit of his time.
>>
it was just ok
>>
>>63801126
>not watching Shakespeare exclusively on stage
Pleb.
>>
It was even better than Kurosawa's Macbeth adaptation, Throne of Blood. Or even if you didn't like it, you must admit it was a great film to look at
>>
I read Merchant Of Venice yesterday.

I want a new adaptation with Kat Dennings as Jessica.
>>
>"hurrr muh new macbeth adaptation"
>lead actor is a literal capeshit star
>director is currently making a movie based on a yearly video game franchise
>visuals and action that pander to zack snyder/ridley scott plebs

Fuck off, OP. In many ways this new shit rendition of the play is just as bad as Star Wars, if not worse.

Polanski's adaptation is the only one that ever needed to be made. Welles's is decent too. But this? Fucking please.
>>
File: image.jpg (246 KB, 735x1023) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
246 KB, 735x1023
Fassbender was probably suited to be Macbeth.

I'm collecting a lot of the rarer Shakespearean productions on discs actually. Henry VIII, Jane Lapotaire as Cleopatra, Chimes at Midnight, etc. I might pick this one up.
>>
>>63801334
the merchant of venice with pacino is pretty excellent imo
>>
>>63801491
>"hurrr muh"
wow memespeak, really incisive criticism. Truly spoken like someone who has not seen the film.
>lead actor is a literal capeshit star
ok who would you rather see play Macbeth?
>director is currently making a movie based on a yearly video game franchise
has nothing to do with this picture
>visuals and action that pander to zack snyder/ridley scott plebs
emulating ridley scott is not a bad thing. Blade Runner is a notoriously incredible looking film, as is Alien, and even Prometheus despite it being complete shit

Your criticisms amount to a lot of sound and fury, signifying nothing (hehe see what I did there, so clever! --sry couldn't resist)
>>
Reminder that Prospero's Books is the best Shakespeare film adaptation
>>
>>63801519
What's with Welles surprised expression in every image of him on that poster?
>>
post your favourite Shakespeare adaptation

this is mine
>>
Macbeth is so fucking boring and done to death already. Seriously, out of all of Shakespeare's' plays, why not choose a different one
>>
File: image.jpg (77 KB, 1000x694) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77 KB, 1000x694
>>63801950
He's reacting to the flash bulbs.

http://youtu.be/RUkqD00RgGw
>>
>>63801491
This. Polanski's version is vastly superior and OP should feel bad for liking GOT MemeBeth.
>>
>>63801519
Looking for Richard by Al Pacino is pretty decent.
>>
saw it and loved it. raw af
>>
>>63801126
can i download this yet
>>
>>63801126
This movie was boring. Absolute shit. The source material doesn't make it good.
>>63801173
How fucking pleb can you be
>>63801211
Also a dumb opinion. Watch Brannagh's Hamlet or anything by Olivier
>>
>>63801491
>Polanski's adaptation is the only one that ever needed to be made.
This. I'd love to see someone take on one of the huge number of Shakespeare plays that don't have a truly satisfying adaptation, but, no, we get Macbeth with ebin fight scenes.
>>
>>63802030
>liking pottyflicks
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.