[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was so appealing about this movie to cinema goers? How
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: avatar.jpg (221 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
221 KB, 800x1200
What was so appealing about this movie to cinema goers?

How did it make so much money?
>>
It was right at the height of the 3D craze so everyone had to see it in 3d, which means the tickets were more then regular tickets. It litterally is the biggest meme movie there is.
>>
Special effects. I saw it in IMAX 3d but have not seen the movie since it was in theaters.
>>
>>63801184
Will the sequels make as much? I would have thought they hype would have really died down. I understand that it rode (pretty much reignited) the 3D craze but how many of those people loved it so much they thought I need to see more stories that take place on Pandora? That Jake Sully is such an awesome character.
>>
It was really pretty
>>
Muh 3D and they re-released it
>>
>>63801378

I wouldn't be shocked if they just end up doing 1 sequel and be done with it because there's no way it will be like the 1st one.

I don't even like Star Wars but I hope it beats Avatar just because the fact that such a forgettable film is the highest grossing is not right.
>>
>>63801378
>Will the sequels make as much?
I would be extremely surprised, but you can never count Cameron out
>>
3D
/thread
>>
>>63801092
Eye candy
Escapism
>>
>>63801092
>How did it make so much money?

Because it was the first movie to use modern 3D technology effectively and pretty much kicked off Hollywood's current fetish of making everything 3D even though the film may have only like 3 shots worth having 3D for.
>>
Caused it was re-released. Without it being released it wouldn't get the numbers it got
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.