[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Last 5 Movies You Saw?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
What was the last 5 movies you saw and how do you rate them? Star Wars movies don't count.
>>
>>63799281
I'll start.

>Jodorowsky's Dune- 10/10
>Mean Girls- 7/10
>Fantasia 2000- 7/10
>Raising Arizona- 8/10
>Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2- 7/10
>>
File: 1449966954903.jpg (67 KB, 498x793) Image search: [Google]
1449966954903.jpg
67 KB, 498x793
>crimson peak - 6/10
>i saw the devil - 8/10
>tusk - downs syndrome/10
>i stand alone - 7/10
>man bites dog - 9/10

All one after the other, off my face on LSD, pretty good day senpai
>>
>>63799374
>Jodorowsky's Dune- 10/10
Eh? It was great, and definitely interesting, and Jodorowsky is a fun as fuck person to listen to, but I wouldn't give it a perfect 10
>>
>>63799620
How the fuck can you properly rate a movie that you saw while on LSD?
>>
>>63799281
Rango - 8/10, very good for a kid's movie. Looked amazing

Coherence - 7.5/10 Got around a 0 budget with a really clever use of a solid premise, not sold on the ending

No Country for Old men - 9/10 Tense af, great performances all round

Enron: The smartest guys in the room - 6/10 OK movie, interesting topic but kind of felt like a very rote way of presenting it

Shaolin Soccer - 7/10 Apparently I saw the inferior American cut which chops out 30 minutes, so that probably explains why the movie felt so light on character development.
>>
>>63799688
I'm a big fan of Dune and since it's the closest we'll ever get to seeing it, I really enjoyed it.

I had also seen Death of Superman Lives not too long ago and it was pretty shit in comparison. But I have a hard time rating documentaries.
>>
let me check out my letterboxd first because I don't remember
>>
>>63799793
I had to do that too anon.
>>
Place Beyond the Pines - 7.5/10
Basic Instinct - 7/10
Body Double - 8/10
Remember the Night - 6/10
The Long Goodbye (rewatch) - 8/10
>>
>>63799620
>man bites dog

fucking traumatized me. couldn't possible handle that on acid
>>
>>63799721
Discussing it with your fellow drug takers, with some drug induced fake-insight into things
>>
>>63799793
here we go

The Lobster - 6/10
Nymph - 6/10
Pan - 6/10
The Martian - 6.5/10
Ant Man - 6.5/10

holy shit
>>
>>63799765
>Rango- 8/10
Fuck yeah, that movie rocks. Gore Verbinski is an underrated director. His stuff is like Michael Bay, but clever.
>>
ferris buellers day off - 8/10
the terminator - 10/10
dark knight rises - 7/10
the interview - 3/10
red dawn remake - 1/10
>>
>>63799848
Man bites dog was definitely the best of the films we watched, but the most likely to traumatize you on acid were I saw the devil and I stand alone
>>
>>63799873
I should see some of his other stuff, Rango was a movie that knew what it was and just perfectly pulled off what it needed to.
>>
>>63799374
>hunger games just as good as mean girls

what the fug
>>
Kansas City Confidential 7.2
Burden Of Dreams 7.6
Ticket To Heaven 7.5
The Clash: New Year's Day '77 6.6
Winner Take All 6.5
>>
>>63799859
is the lobster worth watching? it sounded interesting
>>
Ran-8/10
Yojimbo-9/10
Kagemusha-10/10
Alexander-7/10
Stand by Me-8/10
>>
File: 09.png (95 KB, 391x391) Image search: [Google]
09.png
95 KB, 391x391
First Blood - 8/10, pretty solid all around, Stallone was great.
Victoria - 4/10, pretty funny one take gimmick but the movie has not much to offer. If anything, it shows us that movies sometimes need several cuts to become interesting and show risky things (the scenes with the police were shit, for instance). I would probably have liked it more if the characters and story weren't so awful.
Le Roman de Renard - 8/10, great early animation film, it's pretty impressive that they managed to do something that good animation-wise in 1930. Would have given 9/10 if it weren't for the last 10 minutes that failed to get my attention, but the rest was lovely, one of my favorite animated movies.
The Lost Weekend - 7/10, it was good but I didn't care for the story. Everything else was great though, from the acting to the direction.
There Will Be Blood - 7/10, beautifully shot and nice performance from Classic Dano.
>>
>>63800102
based on threads here, people liked it, I thought it was a little... I don't know, limited
there didn't feel like there was much to it, kind of artistically gimmicky, "let's make a society with awkward stuck-up middle class white people because it's so funny and weird"
I liked Dogtooth better
>>
>>63800224
Forgot to add something about Victoria. One take gimmick can be done well in closed spaces, or other specific cases. Hitchcock made Rope in 1948, and it worked well (yes, they had to do it in several takes because of technological restrictions, but I'm pretty sure he would have done it in one take if it was possible). The story was good and the long takes were a nice addition, but the story stands on its own.
In Victoria, it felt useless and the story was dull.
>>
>>63799997
Mean Girls was pretty great but the ending was a bit sappy. And I thought the last couple Hunger Games films had great pacing and tense action scenes.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.