[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just saw this and it was one of the few movies that made me cry
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (21 KB, 297x446) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21 KB, 297x446
Just saw this and it was one of the few movies that made me cry inconsolably

why did the aliens feel the need to grant him his wish? Did they want to learn somthing? Also with all that advanced tech could they not created a synthetic monica that could have been programmed to be his ideal mother? Would have provided him with never ending happiness, and what was his ultimate fate after she fell asleep?
>>
Reminder that this could have been Kubrick's masterpiece.
>>
He's not human, don't act like he is and you will be fine. He's not even alive pham.
>>
>>63797421
Because ayy lmao
>>
>>63797462

reminder that it's Spielberg's masterpiece and one of the best films of the 21st century

reminder that Kubrick (correctly I might add) always knew that Spielberg was the better director to make A.I.

reminder that Kubrick was retarded enough to think that the movie would have been best had they actually made a robot child to be in the movie

reminder that Kubrick didn't even understand the genius of the conceit and that the movie would have been far, far less good had he actually made it
>>
>>63797421
there are not aliens you dickwad
>>
>>63797421

>Also with all that advanced tech could they not created a synthetic monica that could have been programmed to be his ideal mother?

doesn't really sound like you understood what the movie was about mate
>>
>>63797421
>Aliens
They are actually the hyper evolved version of artificial intelligence.
That is why they can literally watch his memory like a movie.
Somehow I doubt biological life will ever involve to be able to play .avi files.
>>
>>63797569
Then what were they?

Advanced synthetics? I considered it but then why would they give a fuck about earth, it's history(witch they'd already know plenty of), and not be in the stars

I also agree with the guy saying that Kubrick wouldn't have been able to make it as good because Spielberg is GOAT muh feels core
>>
>>63797676
>involve
Just fuck my shit up. I keep misstyping. Time for bed. I seriously wrote Time there, then corrected it to Type and then back to Time. Fuck
>>
>>63797602
The mother wouldn't have been real but then again neither was he and I don't think he'd have cared because his feels were real

My favorite scene would have had to been the escape from the flesh fair
>>
>>63797567
reminder that Spielberg is a pedo who only made this movie because he wanted to fiddle some kiddies.
>>
>>63797676
>Somehow I doubt biological life will ever involve to be able to play .avi files.
That's a disappointment
>>
>>63797466
He went out of his way to pursue a desire that he wasn't programed to have, that's what made him human
>>
They specifically said they could only give him one day.

I think it was very poetic that it took super advanced robots from the future to finally learn absolute kindness. If it had been humans from the future they would have just dissected him and put for showcase charging 300 space credits to see him.
>>
>>63797549
they're fucking robots. are you joking, or really that stupid?
>>
>>63797676
The weird thing is that they were watching it from the movie camera, not from the eyes of David
>>
>>63797947
They're cloning might have been flawed but a synth? You think david would have been smart enough to tell the difference

Did theese advanced robots really feel compassion? Was David the first?
>>
>>63798088
It's not that weird.
They're just AI that can appreciate cinematography.
No artistic expression in the found-footage POV shots.
>>
>>63797676
>Somehow I doubt biological life will ever involve to be able to play .avi files.

I feel sorry for your lack of imagination and anticipation.
>>
>>63798382
Well, screw you too, buddy.
Go download your shitty .avi files into your brain, while I'll evolve the ability to play vhs tapes like a real man.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.