[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
who here never watched a star war movie ? is it really that good ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 2000px-Star_Wars_Logo.svg.png (109 KB, 2000x1207) Image search: [Google]
2000px-Star_Wars_Logo.svg.png
109 KB, 2000x1207
who here never watched a star war movie ? is it really that good ?
>>
the original trilogy is just okay, just like Episode VII
it's just a series of mildly interactive space flicks
>>
I didn't watch the OT until a few months ago. A New Hope and Empire Strikes Back are great, Return Of The Jedi is very average or even kind of shitty. You'll wonder what the big deal about Star Wars is.
>>
No, it's not that good.
Watch the OT if you want to see some pretty good movies. Watch everything else if you want to catch the hype-train.
>>
>>63790025
maybe because alot of people watched these movies during their childhood. things always seem better in memory than in reality
>>
>>63789932
Last night was my first Star War. I'd say, save your money or wait until tickets are cheap to go see it because it was so friggin crowded. Or pirate it. Srsly. It's not like they're gonna hurt for money
>>
>>63790070
>>63790025
>>63790001
ok thanks guys, i'll go wath the original trilogy
>>
The first one started dull but then became a pitch perfect adventure schlock movie(almost as good as Raiders).

The second one was even better because it introduced Yoda, who might be the most "colorful" character in cinematic history, without being obnoxious. Plus it had a dramatic confrontation that made the series into a family feud.

Really it's mixture of simple but very effective storytelling with the an iconic cast of characters: Vader is one of the most intimidating villains in movie history, Han is one of the coolest, and Yoda is just a mean grean quote machine.
>>
>>63789932

watch the orginal trillogy when you are 9-10 and it will blow your mind

I don't think they will have the same impact at 18-20
>>
>>63790183
is the newest star wars good ? is it an action sci fi?
>>
>>63789932
This week I watched for the first time 4 of the Star Wars movies including TFA. Just because of the social pressure and hysteria, I was 90% sure I wouldn't like it, but I watched it because I had to fit in, know what it's all about, so I can participate in discussions. They're not good at all, not even Oscar tier. They're exactly what you'd expect in 2010s from a scifi flick who barely gets some technical Oscar nominations.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.