[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You're gonna call him whiny, and "beta", the list
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 5
File: Kylo_Ren_Without_Mask.jpg (3 MB, 1962x3229) Image search: [Google]
Kylo_Ren_Without_Mask.jpg
3 MB, 1962x3229
You're gonna call him whiny, and "beta", the list goes on

But admit it, he is better than darth vader and you know it
>>
He's a more "interesting" character, but he's not "better"

Anyways, thanks for making another Star Wars thread, we needed that
>>
>>63789686
1 second after seeing his face (in addiont to his anger-management problem scenes) I instantly knew why he turned to the dark side. Punchable face aside - it's VERY easy to see why he would've problems with Luke and his Jedi Training. And then there is his father-complex and shit.
I can see why people dislike him - but as a character he's better than most star wars villians.
>>
>>63789686
That photo looks like he's got a giant black flower cock
>>
Maybe when they explain his motivations in the next movie
>>
>>63789686

but that's the point, he's a Vader insane fan, a darth nerd, he looks just like he is
>>
He has more dimension and character to him that virutally every prequel character created so I like him.
>>
>>63789686
dude can act, also he has very distinctive features. that alone makes him more a more interesting carachter than:
Count dooku
Sheev
Darth Vader
Darth Maul
and any other sith or dark jedi from the retarded non canon EU
>>
File: 1443721205416.jpg (138 KB, 500x459) Image search: [Google]
1443721205416.jpg
138 KB, 500x459
He's really fucking ugly and looks like an inbred rat-faced jew.

They really need to stop giving leading roles to members of the tribe. They're just very ugly.
>>
>>63789855
>Christian self-hate
Sad tbf
>>
He feels like a real person and not another le super badass evil guy doing evil shit because he's evil.
>>
Did they have to make him so cringey?

He's a work in progress, but his motives are that he's a dork who listened to a lot of linkin park and thinks it's cool to be edgy. I imagine him like a 13 year old who has been on /b/ for a month and then thinks he's some dark evil misfit who spouts memes in public and gets slapped in the face by his dad for being a moron.
>>
He's an ugly Jew.

At least Vader had the decency to keep his mask on.
>>
>>63789762

actually the most autistic thing I've ever read on this site
>>
>yet another Star Wars thread
>>
Kyle Loren is a whiny, bitchy beta faggot, who gets his ass beat by stronk wymn and her negro lover, so of course he's great because he represents all the white Star Wars fans.
>>
JEWISH """MALE"""
>>
>>63790022
your projecting
>>
>>63790022
>because he represents all the white Star Wars fans.
But he's not white, he's jewish.

You can tell because you feel little sick when you look at him
>>
>>63789686
He's better than Anakin was in those goddamn prequels. But that's not saying much.

Better than Darth Vader? Is a fair comparison even possible? People are gonna suck Vader's dick because MUH CULTURAL ICON. But honestly Ren acts like a little bitch on more than one occasion, Vader does not.
>>
>>63789686
>Lets me his arms look beefier with more clothing

Fucking lanklets when will they learn.
>>
He's definitely interesting
He has the potential to be a great character if the next movies don't fuck him,
>>
>>63789855
His family was Baptist m8.
>>
CRAWWWLLLING IN MY SKIIIIIINNNNNN
>>
>Vader was an alpha as fuck no-nonsense villain that set a standard for archetypal bad guys, felt like if he came out of the baby boomer generation
>Kylo is just a crawiling in my skin tween with millennia insecurity
>>
>>63789686
I liked him. He is actually really interesting and much like his grandfather. Also, it leaves room for character development, even though he'll obviously become a Jedi later on.
>>
DADDY WONT PAY ATTENTION TO ME

GONNA KILL A BUNCH OF PEOPLE AND HAVE TEMPER TANTRUMS AND KILL LUKE BECAUSE MUH GRAMPA DIDNT WANT TO ANYMORE
>>
>>63790148
>Ren acts like a little bitch on more than one occasion, Vader does not.
kek watch the prequels again sucker
also NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO is canon
>>
>>63790403
>leaves room for character development
Yes, but like you said, his path is going to be very predictable. Which is kinda lame.
>>
>>63790405
hello reddit
>>
gay as jon snow
>>
Darth edgelord, Darth fedora, and Darth assassins creed are literally the only acceptable meme names for him
>>
File: 1450057852792.gif (2 MB, 286x210) Image search: [Google]
1450057852792.gif
2 MB, 286x210
I'm fuckin sick of this "more complex = better villain" thing going on cause it fuckin doesn't. Vader was a total badass who was force choking british nazis and quipping like a mofo. And he was fucking intimidating, someone to be feared, A FEAR INDUCING VILLAIN. Ren just feels like a little bitch with daddy issues (like if someone from /b/ was given force powers and a lightsaber.). Sure he's more complex but he doesn't FEEL like the real villain. Hux and Snoke look like the people to be feared. They are the cool villains. But nope, apparently sjws need their villains to have the same fucking mental issues they do to be liked.
>>
>>63789686
He's literally /tv/, /v/, /a/, /r9k/, and /b/ personified, which is why you faggots resonate with him so well.
>>
Honestly I feel like he was Anakin done right. He was clearly frightened and deluded yet clearly off hinge and capable of doing despicable shit. I think by the time Rian Johnson gets his hands on him he'll be a good character.
>>
Guyblow ren definitely gives off a scary vibe with that mask voice.
>>
>>63790742
Too bad without it he's a twink /b/tard
>>
NO, NO MORE VADER. NO MORE KIDS WITH PARENTAL ISSUES IN FUCKING RESPIRATOR SUITS.

PLEASE COME UP WITH A VILLAIN THAT IS ACTUALLY THREATENING.
>>
CUT MY DAD INTO PIECES! THIS IS MY LAST RESORT!!!
>>
>>63790840
The Knights of Wannabe Patricians?
(/tv/)
>>
The guy took his mask off way too early. The first time should've been when he faced Han Solo near the end. Removing it just to prove a point on Rey was completely retarded, unneeded and instead ruined what Vader had going for him in the original trilogy.
>>
LET THE BODIES HIT THE FLOOR
>>
>>63790552
Ren wasnt meant to be another Vader. I dont know why you comparing the 2. Ren thought he was the shit because he was force sensitive in times when Jedi was a myth, but in reality he was an emotionally unstable young guy that didn't even get enough training to build a damn proper lightsaber. Not only that, but he clearly received soo little training from an actual master that he is not a very skilled duelist either.

I'm guessing that this was their way of setting up his development as a Sith, I bet next movie they will show him a lot more mature getting more training from the Sith Lord. Just like Rey will get training from Luke.
>>
Worse than Vader.
Better than prequel Vader.
He could have just kept the mask on. Until the Han thing.
>>
>>63789813
Pretty obvious isn't it? He's a whiny angsty brat (which runs in his family) and clearly became more interested in the dark side and his grandfather's legacy while being trained by Luke.

Hopefully they explain who this Snoke guy is and how he turned Kylo Ren evil though. But it's pretty clear he sees him as a sort of father figure and is more interested in pleasing him than Han or Luke.
>>
>>63791104

I hope Snoke isn't a giant. And I also hope he doesn't even exist in human form. Like he's some computer dude or something.
That's fine.
They really should have rethought that "character"
>>
>>63789686
Why is there a street light in the background

The problem with kylo is he felt like someone playing a sith, he comes off as someone that shops at hot topic. I guess they're playing the long game, where he turns into a badass from some kid. Drivers acting was pretty solid and he sold it well.
>>
> Vader (with Jones' GOAT voice): I find your lack of faith disturbing.
> Kylo: PUT ME OUT OF MY! PUT ME OUT OF MY FUCK-ING MI-SER-RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!

Know the difference. it could save your life.
>>
File: download.jpg (10 KB, 252x200) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
10 KB, 252x200
He was more a character, but less effective as a villain

He was a little too unhinged to be effective.

Vader was always a very serious and legitimate threat which created alot of tension when he would interact with the heroes.
>>
>>63791043

>I dont know why you comparing the 2

Because that's what the film makers are TRYING to do.
>>
>>63791308

It's a shot made for a magazine, they're generally pretty loose with those. Do I need to remind you of Genisys?
>>
Kylo ren + nu metal lyrics should be the next top meme desu
>>
>>63791043
>contrasting not comparing
my statements were they are different and vader is a better villain

>emotionally unstable
>that's exactly what I said
I don't give a fuck about the villains feels, I want a fucking VILLAIN. Some evil motherfucker who is gonna kick ass, not whine

>setting up developement
it'd be cool if it was the story about a sith developing as the protag not as the antag, i'm saying the villain should already be fleshed out

(these are my opinions not facts about how to write a villain character)
>>
>>63791299
Pretty sure he's not supposed to be a giant. That was kind of a fake out with the hologram. I was relieved to, I thought the sudden introduction of giant human-esque creatures would be ridiculous. But I was still disappointed in his appearance. Just a generic sort of "weird looking" alien. Nothing iconic or interesting. Also the CGI stood out like a sore thumb
>>
>>63791867
>relieved he wasn't a giant
wut, in the whole galaxy all the species are human sized?
I wanna see a giant ass sith crushing jedi like ants
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.