[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are we all being duped again like Phantom Menace? Even those
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: swpmpicture.jpg (495 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
swpmpicture.jpg
495 KB, 1000x1500
Are we all being duped again like Phantom Menace? Even those of us contratians on /tv/ are admitting TFA is good. But we might be brainwashed by the hype just like TPM.
>>
>>63787806
>Even those of us contratians on /tv/ are admitting TFA is good
lmao
>>
File: adv-star-mal-darth-vader.jpg (245 KB, 640x1200) Image search: [Google]
adv-star-mal-darth-vader.jpg
245 KB, 640x1200
>>63787806
>Phantom Menace
>Good

Pic one. Also, even the comic parody from my country was a lot better than that shit.
>>
File: 1345079961159.gif (2 MB, 222x172) Image search: [Google]
1345079961159.gif
2 MB, 222x172
>>63787806
>us contratians on /tv/
>>
>>63787806
I'm curious about this too.. All the "reviews" similar crazy similar to TPM
>great addition to Star Wars universe
>no it wont win awards but it's a lot of fun
>awesome movie, but here's a whole list of things I felt were wrong

So, is it actually good or will we look back in a year when Rogue One comes out and be like "whoa, Rogue One makes EP7 look like shit"?
>>
>>63787806
Phantom Menace isn't that bad to begin with
>>
>>63787877
Also, I didn't like TFA too much, good moments and shit, but overall, it was really weak.
>>
Nobody was 'brainwashed' by hype, the hopes and dreams of Star Wars fans were crushed right there in the theatre.

They left knowing Episode I was awful.
>>
>>63787945
>"whoa, Rogue One makes EP7 look like shit"?
>>>
> Anonymous 12/18/15(Fri)14:30:07 No.63787949 ▶
>>>63787806 (OP)
>Phantom Menace isn't that bad to begin with
who is directing rogue one?
>>
TFA is good.

I would argue better that the originals too because those movies are vastly overrated.

All it took for it to be better than the prequels is 1.) have a character with more personality than a brick and speak in a different register at least twice in the movie

2.) have an actual set with actual props, not just 100% green screen.

This movie was better than the prequels even if you only had the opening scene.
>>
>>63787984
Hello reddit!
>>
>>63787984
>I would argue better that the originals too because those movies are vastly overrated.
I find it at the same level as "A new hope", but there is no way TFA was better than "empire strikes back" or "return of the jedi".
>>
>>63787806
>we all
There are those of us that saw this trainwreck coming, then they are those who got baited by the hype machine.
How does it feel to have taken disney's bait?
>>
>>63787949
The movie is unwatchable. In that respect, it's worse than even VII. However, this new Star Wars lacks any sort of soul and just feels like another space action movie.
>>
>>63788108
except for the emperor confrontation and the jabba's palace and the speeder chase scenes, RotJ is mostly shit.

I kinda wish i didn't because it makes me feel like a pleb and i realise i might just be caught up in my own hype, but right now i feel like TFA might be my favourite star wars movie.
>>
>>63788380
>but right now i feel like TFA might be my favourite star wars movie.
it's fun, you can't deny that, but in story terms it's boring like hell.
>>
>>
>>63788580
The "I left everything else out" edit
>>
TPM was good, though.

TFA, not so much.
>>
>>63788413
I can deny that, and i will. I really enjoyed it.
>>
>>63787961

That's bullshit. A lot of fans at the time enjoyed it and many critics gave it fairly positive reviews. It was only later that they became much more critical of it as the hype weared off, but even when the movie first came out, many people who didn't think it was so great didn't go so far as to vilify it the way memesters like to do.

The way retards trying to get internet points and clicks go about things is trying to make Phantom Menace look like the worst movie ever made, when it's still a pretty above average sci-fi film when you compare to so many forgettable movies that just tried to rip off the Star Wars formula.

I'd watch TPM a thousand times before I'd rewatch the Matrix sequels or even many of the Star Trek movies after Wrath of Khan and I can't think of very many sci-fi films that display such a genuine passion for the genre. Not to say that I can't find any enjoyment those other films, but TPM has a lot of heart and while it has a lot of flaws, what it does get right it really does get right and adds many new layers to the Star Wars galaxy that even if Lucas didn't get completely right or have enough time to do the way he planned, other writers were able to make something out of it that was gold.
>>
>>63788687
Yeah, not really.
>>
>>63788580
Wow that is pretty damning. I wonder why everyone is letting JJA and disney get away with this
>>
>>63789412

cause "at least it's not the prequels" and "muh Star Wars feel"
>>
The Phantom Menace is better than TFA.
>>
>>63787806
>Even those of us contratians on /tv/ are admitting TFA is good
hello disney
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.