[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I think people are truly UNDERRATING this. I can see some of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6
I think people are truly UNDERRATING this. I can see some of the rehash comments but the characters man, the characters...This movie is a fucking labor of love. I think it easily dethrones Return for me and I can see it being right at the top or interchangeable with the two at the top.

It feels OT, whether it borrows from previous films or not, guys it FEELS OT. It felt so great to be back and feel like I'm watching an old star wars again.

I cannot begin to say how much I loved the new characters and how much they gave me the feelings I once had for Luke, Han..and the like.

Kylo is an amazing character.
>>
>>63786328
>Kylo is an amazing character.
>edy edge-lord sith "I hat muh family" crawlin in my skin is amazing.

Ok buddy
>>
>>63786328
Back to reddit shill.
>>
It's not that I don't agree with you, but give it a couple of months and see if you still feel that way. I would know, I thought Into Darkness was great but then after letting it sit for a while and rewatching..,
>>
File: Return_of_the_Jedi_Final_Scene.jpg (111 KB, 1214x538) Image search: [Google]
Return_of_the_Jedi_Final_Scene.jpg
111 KB, 1214x538
>>63786328

You claim this "feels OT" but do you really give a shit about the original trilogy when this whole movie shits on pic related? If you like the OT at least a little bit then you should want a version of the story where the original characters don't have horrible lives afterwards.
>>
>>63786701
But that's how life is, anon. Happy endings don't last.
>>
File: zoinks.jpg (144 KB, 1682x867) Image search: [Google]
zoinks.jpg
144 KB, 1682x867
Remember to report directly to Hiroyuki
>>
>>63786728

> But that's how life is, anon. Happy endings don't last.

Bullshit. The ending to world war two was a happy ending. The fascists were decisively defeated in real life and we have had seventy years of peace.

They just don't want to have a happy ending to the characters in the original trilogy. Its one thing for there to still be an imperial remnant. And for there to be a new death star. And for our new heros to break up. But for Han Solo to also be killed by his own son is just too fucked up this didn't need to happen after ROTJ
>>
>>63786885
>FDR dies before the war is over
>Churchill becomes a nobody
>Cold War begins literally as soon as WW2 ends

not a happy ending, certainly not for the main characters
>>
>>63786935

The so called "cold war" wasn't really a war the two sides never fought. There hasn't been another total war for over seventy years. Also good things came out of the cold war including the space race : sending the first people into the space and the moon. Things are much better. Humanity has had a happy ending. Thats real. Also at least FDR wasn't killed by his own son who defected to the Nazis
>>
>giant set of advertisements
>cynically hits off every nostalgia thing it can
>awful main actress which means she was probably cast for diversity purposes
>beat by beat copy of Star Wars
>"labour of love"
>>
File: 1450236542036.jpg (661 KB, 958x775) Image search: [Google]
1450236542036.jpg
661 KB, 958x775
>>63787175
>Humanity has had a happy ending
>>
>>63786701
Don't even pretend like Return has a good ending.
>>
File: tumblr_n26jgmNQBY1qkrgz5o2_250.gif (2 MB, 245x353) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n26jgmNQBY1qkrgz5o2_250.gif
2 MB, 245x353
yfw you realize that unlike A New Hope, this movie was set up to be the first of a trilogy, that its going to suck on its own, and that the next two movies are going to be better.
>>
>>63786328
You're a big shill
>>
>>63786483
>I thought Into Darkness was great but then after letting it sit for a while and rewatching..,
THIS
I fucking loved ID when I saw it in IMAX, but I wstched it again when it came out on blu ray, and I realized that it's the most derivative piece of shit i've ever seen.
>>
>>63786328
>I can see some of the rehash comments but the characters man, the characters...This movie is a fucking labor of love.

Uhh....
>shitting on Han Solo and turning him into a washed up goofy grandpa character, who can't even fix his own ship.
>Chewie gets shot and taken out of the fight in the first gunfight he's in, completely nerfing the character.
>Leia just says "fuck it" to the force and royalty
>Luke just says, "fuck it" and runs off like a coward
>One of your main characters is a hypocritical stormtrooper who spends the entire movie terrified of literally everything. Claims killing is morally wrong and slaughters his old peers whenever its convenient for him

Yeah, real labor of love.
>>
>I think people are truly UNDERRATING this
>>
>>63788554
Also Han gets murdered by his insanely evil son for really no reason
>>
>>63788726
>for really no reason
There is a reason: cheap shock value.
>>
Why did they cast so many lanky, awkward idiots as First Order officers? And the guy playing Kylo Ren? With that huge nose it was no wonder he was hiding behind that mask.
At that point I wouldn't have been surprised if Michael Cera showed up.

Remember the original movies? They used British theatre actors in their 40s to 60s for the Imperial fleet officers. That was fucking glorious, they had charisma, they knew how to carry themselves, how to play a role.
Those guys now? Fucking amateurs.
>>
>>63788967
This. The First Order generals seemed like impotent teenage boys.
>>
>>63788967

Seconded.
>>
>>63786328
>guys it FEELS OT
I didn't know JJ directed OT cause it feels like every other JJ Abrams movie
>>
>>63789689
>it feels like every other JJ Abrams movie
Well, that's not -entirely- true.

I only counted 2 lense flairs in the whole movie. And aside from the interior First Order ship scenes (which were obnoxiously lit and colored. Everything has to be dark and ominous and have red vibrant red accents because these guys are eeeeeeeeeeeevil), the movie didn't really have his ultra over saturated color pallet.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.