[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Admit it, this robot was pretty cute.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 2
File: BB-8.png (774 KB, 1408x784) Image search: [Google]
BB-8.png
774 KB, 1408x784
Admit it, this robot was pretty cute.
>>
A FUCKING SOCCER BALL
>>
Grow up paedo
>>
>>63785382
I want to fuck BB-8 right in the robocunny
>>
>>63785382
>Everyone online hails BB-8 as "the first female robot in a starwars movie"
>Implying robots have genders unless specifically programmed with them
>Everyone in episode VII calls BB-8 a he

Taking bets on how long it'll be before normies call BB-8 trans.
>>
i couldn't believe what i was seeing when everyone kept misgendering her.. sickening, really really expected better from disney
>>
>>63785382
So, to people who watched the movie. What does BB-8 do? As in, what is its function as a droid?
>>
>>63785382
Buy our toys!!!
>>
thumbs up lighter was pretty epic I gotta admit
>>
>>63785641

A literal R2D2 clone.
>>
How come everyone recognized BB8 as THE BB unit everyone was looking for?
>>
>>63785822
My guess is that when Kylo Ren was reading Poe's mind about where he hid the map, he knew what the droid looked like. And people around knew this because Kylo Ren had put a price on that droid.
>>
>>63785641
Companion droid, I'd say. We learn early on that BB-8 is actually custom built, like Chopper from Rebels.

It's not an astromech like R2, and while it can fit in the back of an X-Wing, the slot clearly wasn't designed for it.
>>
>>63785822
Poe said BB was White and Orange, "one of a kind" or something like that
>>
>>63785641
>what is its function as a droid?
to sell merchandise to overweight manchildren
>>
>>63785934
>We learn early on that BB-8 is actually custom built, like Chopper from Rebels.

He isn't custom build, he's a BB unit, Poe says that BB-8 has a custom paint job though.
>>
>>63786002
>>63785967
>>63785941
>>63785934
>>63785822
And what the fuck is a BB unit? I know SW droids usually aren't particularly practical (Gunk Droid comes to mind) but FFS, BB-8 doesn't even have appendages.
>>
One of the nicest little touches was how it looked down at the floor while going down the stairs. Say what you will about the rest of the movie, but little touches like that are fantastic.
>>
>>63786056
Maybe the ball thing gives him more mobility and stuff. Easier to go over bumpy terrain. That would fit in with his little grappling hook things. He can't have appendages because they'd mess with his ability to roll. He's meant for mobility in tough areas. He still has little fold out things like the electric zapper thing and the lighter, so he's kind of a very mobile multitool that can also be a little friend.
>>
>>63786002
Nigger are you stupid?

CUSTOM BUILT.

AS IN, SOMEONE WENT OUT OF THEIR WAY TO ASSEMBLE IT HOW THEY WANTED AND PICKED THE FEATURES. AS IN IT'S NOT A STOCK BB UNIT.

They flat out tell you he's custom built, and there's no other like it.

>>63786056
I have no idea what it's real purpose is. However it has little grapple hooks that it uses various times throughout the movie.
>>
>Dat thumbs-up with Finn

p cute desu senpai
>>
>>63786154
Yeah, but I bet he must have some trouble getting up stairs. Sure he can go down them, but going up may be a different story.
>>
>>63786231
That's why he has grappling hooks. He shoots them to the top of the stairs or to the sides and pulls himself up.

Or someone just picks him up, as we've seen various times.
>>
>>63786231
He's big enough to roll up it. Being a droid that can apparently go pretty fucking fast, it shouldn't be as much of a problem powering up steps as it is going against momentum and gravity going down.

It's like the difference between running up stairs at full speed and down stairs. You go too fast and your neck is broken
>>
Is it possible to fuck this robot?
>>
>>63786056
Well, he can apparently cling to certain surfaces so I think he's meant as an astromech. He's small and the stock model is disposable and cheap but since this one is custom it's more of a companion for Po, or whatever his name is.
>>
>>63786415
>>63785441
This shit already? goddammit /tv/
>>
>>63786511
He isn't an astromech, dude. Astromechs needs to be able to do repairs on ships while they are flying.

BB-8 can grapple a surface, but he can't move around on one while grappled. He also doesn't have a rocket on him to fly around a ship he's repairing in space.
>>
>>63785498
What the fuck are you even talking about
>>
>>63785822
Why don't people watch movies anymore?
They literally spelled out for you that BB 8 is one of a kind
>>
>>63786574
nah, nah, bruh, the surface of the droid is magnetic.
>>
>>63786854
No it's not. If it was, it wouldn't have had to grapple itself to the walls of the falcon during the flight scene to keep from getting tossed around the interior.
>>
>>63786906
the walls of the falcon had those foam polymer gym matts on them to prevent fleshy humans from getting fucked up during turbulance. He couldn't stick to those so he grappled to the walls.
>>
>>63787180
Nigger the floor is still metal. He was on the floor when the falcon took off and before it started doing maneuvers.

BB-8 isn't an astromech. If anything he's a personal companion droid, maybe a recon droid, but that's it.

Why are you trying so hard to convince yourself that BB-8 is just an R2-D2 ripoff?
>>
Did htey use a midget inside this droid or was it CGI/robotic?
>>
>>63785441

R34 of BB8 now please
>>
>>63787305
BECAUSE I LIKE ARGUING WITH STRANGERS ON THE INTERNET!
but yeah, he was probably a scout droid. I don't know, I just want to be able to draw parallels to the new trilogy being the Aeneid to the original trilogy's Illiad.
>>
>>63787480
>midget
Are you serious? They used a hamster, you silly goose.
>>
>>63787305

http://www.starwars.com/databank/bb-8

>A skittish but loyal astromech, BB-8 accompanied Poe Dameron on many missions for the Resistance, helping keep his X-wing in working order. When Poe’s mission to Jakku ended with his capture by the First Order, BB-8 fled into the desert with a vital clue to the location of Jedi Master Luke Skywalker.
>>
>>63785382
Agreed. Reminded me of Wall-E.
>>
IT WAS ADORABLE OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD
>>
>>63785441
>>63787518
>>
>>63786190

No it was a flip off
>>
>>63785441
stick your dick in a watermelon
>>
>LITTLE WHITE KEK BALL
>>
>>63787764

lewd
>>
>>63787764

oh my
>>
>>63787764
oh god dammit.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.