[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was anybody else disappointed by Captain Phasma? >really
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
Was anybody else disappointed by Captain Phasma?

>really didn't want a Boba Fett clone that stood around and didn't do anything.
>Proceeded to stand around and not do anything.

I don't think she ever even fired her gun, literally held at gunpoint and thrown in the trash.
She better break out of that trash chute and show me why the fuck she deserves to be captain.
>>
>>63784777

How did you know anything about this character before the movie to begin with?
>>
Wasn't it Phasma who was chasing Rey and Finn around with a tie fighter on Jakku?
>>
>>63784824
Because the Disney advertising machine was hyping every aspect and character, as well as plugging that GAME OF THRONES GWENDOLINE CHRISTIE IS IN OUR MOVIE. Then her character turned out to be shit and irrelevant.

Remember how they kept talking up Monica Belluci being in that new Bond film? "The oldest Bond girl ever!"

They'll spout any shit to keep in the news.
>>
>>63784824
She's in every trailer if I'm not mistaken
>>
>>63784922
You sure it was the "Disney Advertising Machine" that did that? Seems to me like it was more the reachy SJWs infesting most online news media and their wishful thinking.
>>
>>63784777
>Was anybody else disappointed by Captain Phasma?

supremely. i actually like gwendoline as an actress and i was hoping to see what she could do in a villains role.
>>
>>63785577
The SJWs are a consumer base you can pander to like any other.

And this character is one of the most painfully blatant examples. Hoped for a fight in the control room at least.
>>
>>63785577
>You sure it was the "Disney Advertising Machine" that did that?
See >>63784959
>>
>>63784777
Who gives a shit? She has nice armor, I'll grant you, but she's just a lowly storm trooper captain. She's not a high ranker and wouldn't be in the story at all if not for being Finn's commanding officer.
>>
>>63784777
I bought Phasma toys now I want a refund
>>
>>63785709
I expected them to at least have to fight her when they're plan was to kidnap her.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.