[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Name one moment in TFA with as much emotional intensity in t
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3
File: maxresdefault.jpg (46 KB, 1280x544) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
46 KB, 1280x544
Name one moment in TFA with as much emotional intensity in this scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RFYoZ7H67A

Character motivation and the "humanity" that JJ so eloquently described as the defining trait of star wars was nowhere to be seen.
>>
>That music
>>
>comparing the last film in a trilogy to the first
wew
>>
File: 1431919214898.jpg (10 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1431919214898.jpg
10 KB, 200x200
>>63784575
The duel between Kylo Ren and Finn had a ton of weight, admittedly not as much as the final fight that 3 movies had been leading up to.

Much better than Kylo vs Rey.
>>
>Scene that had two prior movies of built up emotion
>WHY ISN'T THE FIRST MOVIE AS GOOD REEEEE

Stop being fucking retarded for just one second and you'll find your answer.

This movie was about establishing characters and starting storylines. Which it did in a somewhat crammed fashion.
>>
>>63784624
>Much better than Kylo vs Rey.
What? If anything it was the opposite.
>>
>>63784575
Reminds me of the scene in TDKR. I wonder if Hardy and Nolan did this on purpose.

Sheeit, a fucking realistic batman movie was more pottery to the original trilogy than TFA was. JJ cocknose Abramns you hack.
>>
>>63784606
You could say the same about the moment Luke disables his computer and uses the force in ANH.

Or when Han swoops in unexpetedly to provide back up.
>>
>>63784940
http://youtu.be/Wk-kNvr2Bgs
>>
>Luke never getting the upper hand despite all his training until he lets the hate flow through him
>Oh look Vader is even conflicted like Kylo

>Rey kicks the shit out of everyone because she used a staff once
>KYLO WAS CONFLICTED OF COURSE HE'S NOT FIGHTING WELL
>>
>>63785071
Yeah I hated this in TFA. In the original trilogy the whole point about becoming the ultimate good jedi was actually to abstain from violence.

Look at obi wan when he allows vader to strike him down.

And in this final duel between luke and vader. Once luke has subdued vader with his anger and hate he has a moment of reflection after he chops off vaders hand and notices his own metal hand. This then motivates him to throw his sabre aside and take the higher path.
>>
>>63784711

I think Kylo vs Fin felt really brutal and desperate. Those motherfuckers were out to just kill. It wasn't about the Force. It wasn't about some ideal. It was kill or be killed. There was no banter, no threats, or anything. They just went at it.

And Fin just straight up got fucked.

Rey's fight was more about her avenging Han, Fin, and ultimately coming into her own with the force.

Those finishing moves, though. They really communicated the idea that light-sabers are fucking powerful.
>>
>>63785071
Exactly!

Besides that little ben was wounded already,and with incomplete training
>>
>>63784575
why didnt luke just attack sheeve after he had vader on the ground

why did sheeve fucking explode
>>
>>63785322
Because he realised fighting was not the answer and he was at risk of becoming just like his father.
>>
>>63784575
Damn the soundtrack during Luke and Vader fight was strong, fueled with the thematics of the fight and the tragedy of the Skywalker story.

TFA really lacks this kind of narrative soundtrack.
>>
>>63785322

i just thought sheev's lightning powers fucked up something in that big pit and caused it to explode

i dont think sheev actually blew up
>>
>>63785071
>>Rey kicks the shit out of everyone because she used a staff once

I think that staff scene was supposed to show us that this is *not* the first time she used it, or the first time she's been in a fight.

And she still was pretty much no match for Kylo the first time she met him. He just force held her and knocked her out. The second time they squared off, he had already taken a bowcaster (shown to be a very powerful weapon) to the torso, and a lightsaber or two injuries to his shoulder.

Just like Poe's scene where he flies a TIE Fighter was supposed to show us that he's a really good pilot.

Within minutes of learning to wield a Lightsaber, Luke could block blaster bolts from a remote droid with his eyes closed. Before he ever met Yoda, he used the force to pull his Lightsaber to himself (who taught him that?) and then slice off the arm of a Wampa/cut a hole in an AT-AT.
>>
>>63784575

Name one moment in ANH with as much emotional intensity in that scene.

Oh wait its the first part of a trilogy.
>>
>>63785071
>Darth Vader: Strongest Force user ever with decades of training
>Kylo Ren: Literal amateur
>>
>>63785518
Luke disabling his aiming computer and using the force. Top memorable shit.
>>
>>63785556
>trained by luke
>trained by snoke

Rey
>trained by ???
>>
>>63785596
Luke
Memory wipe
>>
>>63784575
Han's death got me all worked up desu senpai
>>
>>63785596
mabe he just doesn't have any talent.
That's why he goes apeshit in the first place. Everyone expects him to be awesome, but he is mediocre at best. The Dark Side promises him to become stronger.
>>
>>63784575
unfair, m8. that fight had been building up since ANH.
>>
>>63785071
I think people underestimate rey back story, anakin had his mother, luke had his uncle, rey had no one. He was left to survive in a desert planet when she was a child.
>>
File: 1385657432414.jpg (102 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1385657432414.jpg
102 KB, 1024x768
>why isn't this fight between people who barely know eachother as emotional as a climactic duel between father and son
>>
>>63785764
>That's why he goes apeshit in the first place. Everyone expects him to be awesome, but he is mediocre at best. The Dark Side promises him to become stronger.

Seems that way. Dude is messed up, and seems to be TRYING to go full darkside as a means of getting rid of all of this conflict, balance, and rules, and just fuck shit up so he grow stronger in the force.
>>
>>63785587
Nice moment but not even on the same league
>>
>>63786079
Yeah but compared to TFA. Huge
>>
>>63785071
Isn't Ray a "seasoned" fighter, she's been living on Jakku for a while or whatever, and is a scavenger. She's probably fought a lot.

Then there's Kylo, a young dude who's trying to succumb to the dark side, is an angry untrained lad who has more anger problems than sword training, no one guiding him.

I haven't even seen the movie and I can still see how Rey would beat him.
>>
>>63786563
Finn is introduced to Rey by seeing her fight with a bunch of other scavengers. It's not like she has absolutely no experience fighting. She already fights with a staff, so she'd know a thing or two about combat.

Kylo certainly has more experience but he's not a controlled fighter. He's ragged and brutal, with an obvious lack of control. Obviously he's going to fuck up at least once.
>>
>>63785322
>>63785505
>why did sheeve fucking explode

I thought The Force and all his power was being released.
>>
>>63786994
No, he's just made of bombs.
>>
>>63785518

Luke looking at the twin suns of Tattooine
Luke returning to find his parents burned to a crisp
"If you strike me down I will come back more powerful than ever before"
>>
>>63784575
the last fight was pretty much as good as any OT fight

stop meme'ing/hating just for the sake of doing so
>>
>>63785071
Rey is a chick whose been alone as a scavenger on a desolate planet for however many years, surviving.

Kylo is an high ill tempered with Vader wannabe with yes man all around him, no training whatsoever fighting people who are below him.

I haven't even see the movie but I can already understand why Rey would get the upper hand.

You fucks are so autistic.
>>
>>63784575
>Name one moment in TFA with as much emotional intensity in this scene.

Nobody expected it to be better than the OT and it did not have to be. This film still redeemed Star Wars.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.