[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why do people think the stormtroopers aren't clones? I thought
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: Stormtrooper_Corps.png (3 MB, 1555x816) Image search: [Google]
Stormtrooper_Corps.png
3 MB, 1555x816
why do people think the stormtroopers aren't clones? I thought the movies made it pretty clear that they're all clones of jango fett
>>
Clones are still there, but as they died they were phased out for regular schmucks.
>>
>>63783523
The 2 retards on the left dont know how to put their left boot on
>>
>>63783523
even ignoring the old EU (which explains it) and the new EU (which also explains it) you can find your answer

it is never implied, stated, or hinted in any of the 7 movies that they are all still clones

in a new hope Luke mentions the imperial academy and in the rest of the OT there are the imperial officers, who are obviously promoted stormtroopers

the problem lies in with YOU because some reason you thought they were all clones
>>
>>63783669
and, of course, if they were clones,
they are still not white
>>
>>63784083
Imagine all the samefag banter they must have. Everyone has the same sense of humour and mindset, everyone laughs at the same jokes. It must be fucking awesome to be a clone, minus the cun.
>>
>>63783669
You don't get promoted from infantry to an officer in any military.
>>
>>63784184
Watch The Clone Wars series. Full of clone banter.
>>
>>63784184
or they began to develop their own individual personality quirks and idiosyncrasies immediately, as having the same basic genetic material doesn't mean they'll have identical experiences and interpretations of those experiences.
>>
>>63784196
theyre coming from the same place (the academy)

and Luke didn't want to be an officer, he wanted to go to the academy to be a pilot
>>
>>63784184
Probably like a half of their personalities would differ based on the experiences they had.
It's not the same (even with the same training and rank) to end up being a space cop on Coruscant than to fight in a hellhole like Felucia.
>>
>>63784244
I only ever watched a few episodes of that, here and there. Never went out of my way to watch it, but enjoyed the few episodes I did.

>>63784253
Or, fuck you.
>>
>>63784184
oh look its the 4chan battalion
>>
>>63783523
>why do people think the tormtroopers aren't clones?
I guess the stormtrooper in the middle there was malnourished,eh?
>>
>>63783523
Because clones all vary in height eh? Like seriously even the picture you posted disproves the "stormtroopers are clones" thing.

The clones were phased out and replaced with people who sign up, its the reason clone troopers are so badass where as stormtroopers can't hit a barn door.
>>
>>63784196
>what is field promotion
>>
>>63784196
this happens to NCO's literally every war
>>
>>63784196
Well you can if the need is there and you're already a high ranking NCO but in the SW universe I don't think stormtroopers even have ranks.
>>
>>63783523
>different height
>clones
Also clones die quickly of old age. They age thrice as fast. Most of them are kill by the time of ep 4
>>
>>63784196
Star Wars takes place in the outer rim regions. Do you think empire hauls replacement academy-educated officers from the other side of the galaxy every time officer is KIA?

I think there is a good chance that just like IRL most of the lower rank officers are field promoted.
>>
>>63784452
Of course they do.
At least in the Legends canon.
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Imperial_Army/Legends#Structure
>>
>>63784574
>sector army
>military formation tasked with protecting dozens, if not hundreds of planets
>has smaller size than armies irl that were tasked with protecting single cities
>>
>>63784636
I think that's just Stormtroopers, i.e. the ermergency special intervention counterinsurgency troops (yeah, I know they are still shit).
Regular garrison troops aren't included
Those guys: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Imperial_Army_trooper
>>
why is the guy in the middle smaller than the other, then?
>>
>>63785105

Are you saying that he is a little short for a stormtrooper?
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.