[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Tarsem Singh will direct a Book of the New Sun movie adaptation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: severian.jpg (430 KB, 800x1158) Image search: [Google]
severian.jpg
430 KB, 800x1158
>Tarsem Singh will direct a Book of the New Sun movie adaptation

What would be your reaction?
>>
>>63781336
Tarsem Singh kind of sucks, so ambivalence?
>>
Tarsem's sense of visual flair seems to have died with Ishioka desu.
>>
>>63781336
It's either Jodorowski or no adaptation at all
>>
>Adapting this

But then all the language tricks would be lost. You would just see the framed moon landing photo instead of Severian's reaction to it. You would just be able to tell the citadel is a starship.
>>
>>63782713
The ambiguity of the narrative would be lost. No questions about what severian is leaving out and why.
>>
The only thing I want done with this series is an actually nice edition to be printed. The ones put out by Orb suck. I take great care of my books but the pages are all mottled brown and the cover is delaminating. I want hard cover, sewn binding, and acid free paper.
>>
This doesn't work in a visual medium. All the series has going for it is Severian not understanding his environment. Everything else is just a subpar retelling of the hero's journey with scattered thinly veiled Christian imagery everywhere, and we already had The Matrix.
>>
>guys her name is dorcas
>get it
>cause she came back from the dead
>like dorcas
>in the bible
>guys its a reference
yes gene we get it
this movie will suck ass
>>
>>63781336
>Tarsem Singh
Designated adaption.
>>
>>63783049
More like
>guys her name is dorcas
>get it
>It's practically "dork" haha
>bro this movie sucks ass let's go watch star wars
>>
Been meaning to read the series for awhile now. What am I in for?
>>
>>63783235
Baby's first unreliable narrator. Literary fiction reader's first science fiction novel.
>>
>>63783235
Weirdness. Severian is also a little bit autistic
>>
>>63783148
>b-b-but dudebros won't like it so that means it's good
hahahaha oh god you're so pathetic it's adorable
>>
>>63783235
Severian fucked his grandma
>>
>>63783363
There isn't much weird about it. It's all typical sci fi fantasy stuff by now. "Wow, space ships, aliens, and robots, this is all uncharted territory here in 2015."
>>
>>63783442
Sounds like you never read it
>>
I only read the first book and it was a waste of time
>>
File: spurderian.png (37 KB, 853x625) Image search: [Google]
spurderian.png
37 KB, 853x625
>ywn bang thecla and dorcas
>>
>>63783365
It'd be terrible anyway but the references wouldn't be the problem.
>>
>>63781451
Why were Immortals and Mirror Mirror so terrible then?
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.