[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>EU Leia goes Jedi Knight on everyone's asses >Disney
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 6
>EU Leia goes Jedi Knight on everyone's asses
>Disney Leia didn't even learn a few force tricks despite having the same potential as her twin brother
>>
File: 1381993350821.png (45 KB, 183x200) Image search: [Google]
1381993350821.png
45 KB, 183x200
>>63778519
Christ I was so ready for them to give a 60 year old woman a lightsaber and have her do complex gymnastic somersaults
>>
>EU Leia stays prime Carrie Fisher forever, so she can remain physically fit and sexy as hell
>real life Carrie Fisher becomes a bloated frankenstein monster of plastic surgery with the voice of a woman who's been smoking for forty years straight, thus her character has to be old and bloated

Or did you want to see an elderly woman fighting her son with a pink lightsaber?
>>
She probably didn't feel like force tricks were that useful for honest politics and statecraft.
>>
>>63778519
wtf is this EU you nerds keep mentioning?
>>
I'd appreciated it if they'd made it like she just used force pull on a cup of coffee or something, some small jedi trick, and have her say "I know a few tricks.." or something, just to hint at that she knew a thing or two

but to be honest haven't i even seen the film
>>
>>63778630
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars_Legends
>>
>>63778593
Christ like they just couldnt have gotten another actor
>>
>>63778519
I just wish she was exactly as she was in TFA except she could fly. Haggered 60 year old Leia floating around the war room
>>
>>63778607
Yeah, it's not like pulling a Troi and sensing if one of your politician is going to go full Sheev would be helpful to a leader like Leia, right?
>>
>>63778630
it's something Universe
>>
>>63778691

This has made my night that much better, thanks
>>
DAILY REMINDER THAT LEIA IS SNOKE

SNOrt coKE
>>
>>63778709

I think Episode III made it very clear that no amount of foresight, influenced by the force or not, is enough to pierce Sheev's OP mind blocking technique. Even after seeing he's transformed into a hideous monster man with an evil sounding voice, they still listen to him and agree to his retarded delegations that are obviously leading to him building a totalitarian dictatorship.
>>
>>63778709
I think she was force sensitive enough to figure out basic shit like that. She could tell when Han died.
>>
The force is hard to learn without a master, and nobody wanted to teach her
>>
>>63778781
To be fair about that last bit, no force users were present for that speech.

Which isn't to say that it wasn't full retarded for all but two people to cheer like mad to that.
>>
File: realdsrt.jpg (66 KB, 586x900) Image search: [Google]
realdsrt.jpg
66 KB, 586x900
>>63778519
The new universe is shit, it's just like JJ's Star Trek

They should rip off The Matrix for the next one. Looperbro, you're our only hope.
>>
Why did she speak as though she had dentures? Every line sounded like a fixadent commercial
>>
>>63778664
I wish they had, listening to Carrie's gravely 60 cigarettes a day voice was horrible.
>>
File: 112754-26240-count-dooku.jpg (14 KB, 400x485) Image search: [Google]
112754-26240-count-dooku.jpg
14 KB, 400x485
>>63778593
>>
>hating on based Carrie

Fuck you! You're all just a bunch of Chris Hargensens!
>>
>>63778861
>They should rip off The Matrix for the next one

Isn't that what they did with Kylo stopping laser bolts in midair?
>>
>>63778941
Jesus that was jarring. I didn't realise it had gotten so bad
>>
>>63778772
>'We did cocaine on the set of Empire, in the ice planet [the second film of the original trilogy]. I didn't even like coke that much, it was just a case of getting on whatever train I needed to take to get high.'
>coke nails

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2210262/Carrie-Fishers-drug-addiction-captured-Return-Jedi-overgrown-coke-nail--notorious-quick-sniff-fix.html#ixzz3ufk4s9it
>>
>>63779136
it was expected after hearing her character on Family Guy
>>
>>63779086
Vader stopped laser bolts in empire
>>
>>63779086
Yeah but I mean story-wise. Make the next one a mind-bendy trippy thriller like The Matrix and people will worship it as the best movie of all time.

>tfw they inevitably just make more dumbed-down shit for the int'l markets again
>>
>>63778925
Because she does have dentures.
>>
She used it to sense when Han had died which is still pretty powerful considering he was in another star system
>>
>>63778519
she's a woman
>>
>>63778713
Extended
>>
>>63779418

Celebrities don't have dentures, they have dental implants.
>>
>>63778953
85 years old and still acted better and was moving around more than Leia
>>
but she sensed when Han died though
>>
>>63778630
European Union.
>>
>>63778593
>complex gymnastic somersaults
this never happened in the OT though.
The art of the somersault died with the Jedi, along with high ground theory, midichlorian science and AAAUUURRGGHGHAHGH
>>
>>63778630
Elemental Usurper
>>
Nuking EU was beyond retarded. They had a gem on their hands and they traded it for some glass beads.

They didn't even have to write a full script, just streamline the EU material and make it into a movie. Fucking retards.
>>
>>63780377
But then they had to pay residuals. This way, the get it the EU for free
>>
>>63778519
if leia is related to luke then she should have the midichlorians to be a jedi.
>>
>>63780388
>pay residuals
Wait wut? You mean they'd have to pay the authors and whatnot?

Still could potentially save a lot of money, I'd say. But we'll see.
>>
>>63778519

The character was utter shit.

It didnt even fit Leia's original personality.

In my oppinion instead of a cold calculating hag , general Leia should have been just like Carrie Fisher is in real life.

She should have been a powerful character but also provider of warmth and twisted sense of humor.

Like an old perverted grandma who doesnt give a fuck about anything more than what we got (which was by the way nothing).
>>
At best she will pull of some minor tricks the next movies, maybe a lightsaber for show.
Doubt we will see her do anything major though
>>
>>63780377

They're re-skinning the EU to sell it to you again.

What's so retarded about that?

The people that buy it are retarded
>>
>>63780427
Probably, it's work for hire, but its something that's continuously being argued whenever they make a movie based on a comic. Eventually some judge is gonna set a precedent of the original creator of a character being owed a cut from profits, and Disney would lose their shit.

This way, the get to do movies with NotJacen, NotJaina and BlackKyle without having to deal with any possible problems
>>
>>63780161
Vader did do a backflip and landed on his feet when Luke kicked him down the stairs
>>
>>63778519
I thought in the EU Leia only recently became a full-fledged knight.
>>
>>63780740
iirc, she spent years refusing it, there was even an arc about her accepting Vader as her father
>>
>>63778519
Who even wants to see these old pieces of shit anymore? Star Wars should have been taken in a new dirction not turned into a glib facsimile.
>>
>>63780884
>glib facsimile
Just let it go dude. Memes only work when you have a bunch of anons coming at them from different angles and actively keeping them funny. Mindlessly repeating shit just makes you look like an asshole.
>>
>>63781027
Found the fanboy
>>
>>63781103
Found the moron. You don't even get why that shit was posted in the first place.
>>
>>63778519
Rey, did I talk about Leia to you? She's my sister, we took them apart because your grandfather went crazy. She's a master of creating memories from nowhere and needed duct tape to use metal bikinis. She begged me to teach her all the shit I know but I wasn't in the mood. She's a good friend.
>>
>>63780161
Luke did somersault in Empire though.
>>
I was disappointed how muted Carrie Fisher was but who wouldn't be after fighting an exhausting 30 year rebellion after your planet gets blown up?
>>
>>63781295
and losing her son, husband, and brother

>tfw all the OT heroes had miserable lives afterwards
>>
>>63778593
>force user = lightsaber user
No senpai
>>
>>63780377
They lost some gems, but got rid of a lot of crap as well
>>
>>63780552
>Probably, it's work for hire, but its something that's continuously being argued whenever they make a movie based on a comic. Eventually some judge is gonna set a precedent of the original creator of a character being owed a cut from profits, and Disney would lose their shit.

Is this also why they didn't use Coruscant?
>>
>>63780486

This. I'm glad I get to see this movie for free (re-admission tickets from when the theater fucked up). I refuse to give Disney any money for this shit.

If they want my money, they can sell me real Legends shit, not knock offs of it.
>>
>>63781806
Wasn't that in the New Hope book adaptation? Or an early draft of the film?
>>
>>63781899

Coruscant was introduced in Heir to the Empire.

Lucas originally wanted to show the Imperial Capital in RotJ and I think it was supposed to be a city planet, but it wasn't called Coruscant
>>
>>63781985
>Coruscant, which was originally to be called Alderaan, was to appear in Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope, but the budget wouldn't allow for it, so much of the planned action was moved to the Death Star and Alderaan became the name of Leia Organa's home planet. The concept of seeing the Empire's home world, renamed Had Abbadon, came up again in Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi, and the concept of the entire planet being a city came up for the first time. However, it was realized that such a city on screen would be impossible given the technical limitations at the time, and so the idea was abandoned.
Maybe this is a clusterfuck lawsuit in the making?
>>
>>63782159

It wasn't really a problem for George to include the EU Coruscant devised by Zahn and the others in his prequels. Heck, if you look at the design of Coruscant in the prequels, you can actually see elements of how it appears in the EU (like the pyramid structures). And in Palpatine's office, the relief on his wall is depicting the Great Hyperspace War against Naga Sadow
>>
>>63779644

you can compare he was a vampire with multiclass in a bunch of another OP classes

he got bored with existence and its the only reason he is gone
>>
>>63778519
Did EU Leia turn herself into a corpse with tons of cocaine?
>>
File: Cadelukedeathsticks_b.jpg (67 KB, 588x460) Image search: [Google]
Cadelukedeathsticks_b.jpg
67 KB, 588x460
>>63784565

No, but her great great great nephew did
>>
>>63778519
This just gets worse and worse. I won't even bother watching this on Netflix. It's a shame they won't do an animated series set after the original trilogy.
>>
>>63781483
the thing about that is they could always just NOT make movies about the bad parts of the EU.

I actually give this movie a 4/5 on its own merits (not considering it was a total copy of IV and not considering it isn't EU like I wanted it to be), but if Abrams had actually been required to put Zahn's vision on screen, it would have been an unbelievable, shitwrecking masterpiece of a trilogy.

Unfortunately I think hollywood just couldn't stomach the idea of reskinning the main characters, so instead they're killing them off and reskinning the setting.
>>
>>63785140

i would have liked animated adaptations of the EU desu.

a CN cartoon following the Young Jedi Knights junior novels would have been fun.
>>
>>63786665

*YA novels
>>
>>63786665
>a CN cartoon following the Young Jedi Knights junior novels would have been fun.
Those books were my shit in primary school man
>>
>>63779644
85? Wow dude aged well. I know 60s that look worse.
>>
>you will never see Jedi Leia in future Star Wars movies

;_;
>>
File: Azula (3).jpg (58 KB, 786x600) Image search: [Google]
Azula (3).jpg
58 KB, 786x600
>>63786714

>you'll never watch an animated version of the Solo twins and friends adventures with Tenel Ka Djo voiced by Grey Delisle
>No "Jacen has a new bad joke every episode" gag
>No subtle hints at Jacen's dark future
>No Zekk/Jaina romantic tensions

Kylo Ren sucks. At least before Jacen was breaking bitches' will he was splittin' everyone's sides.
>>
>>63778519
This also bothered me but I'm sure it's because of the actor and not the character Leia. I feel like Leia would've went full Anakin badass Jedi but
>Carrie Fisher
This movie should've been made 10 years ago but I don't even think George wanted 7? Not sure.
>>
>>63781331
Just like real life.
>>
>>63781295
It was probably on purpose that she didn't have many lines or screen time. She aged like shit due to the amount of drugs in her fucking system.

She looks like a sculpture someone made from play-doh, only for it to get stepped on and put back together half-assed.
>>
>>63778806
Too bad she didn't have Rey's ability to learn advanced force techniques with little to no training.
>>
>>63787676
>implying she isn't a descendent of the chosen one
>implying she didn't have her memory wiped
>implying she didn't train under Luke
Luke's face when he saw her said it all
>>
>>63787760
she was abandoned when she was like 5

wats a 5 year old kid going to learn?
>>
I'm actually glad they're getting rid of most of the EU shit after VI.
>everyone is jedi
>everyone gets married and has mary sue jedi children
>except for obligatory evil one who dies, so sad ;_;

At least now we only have to deal with one annoyingly powerful character rather than, what, 5 or 6 of them or whatever.
>>
>>63787591

Christopher Lee had a stunt double do his characters' lightsaber scenes.
>>
>>63778599
Maybe don't cast Carrie Fisher then? The right casting and a little makeup can give us badass warrior milf leia from the EU
>>
>you'll never do coke with carrie fisher in her prime
>>
>>63788668
why live desu
Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.