[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Women deemed not fit to fight >Women portrayed as objects
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5
File: cp_FWB_Mulan_20120926.jpg (92 KB, 950x340) Image search: [Google]
cp_FWB_Mulan_20120926.jpg
92 KB, 950x340
>Women deemed not fit to fight
>Women portrayed as objects of lust
>Women aren't listened to
>Women should all look good for their man overlord
>Mulan not taken seriously even when she saves the life of her commanding officer

The real villain of this flick was the patriarchy, right?
>>
>>63778063

No because ultimately Mulan sacrifices her femininity in order to save her father/the patriarchy
>>
Shan Yu doesn't even bat an eye at the revelation that the soldier responsible for the destruction of his horde was a chick. And he goes out of his way to return lost property.

Shan Yu for President, 500BCE.
>>
>>63778063
What a redpilled movie.
Except for the ending.
>>
File: mulan shan yu.png (200 KB, 733x441) Image search: [Google]
mulan shan yu.png
200 KB, 733x441
>mfw that part when all the huns show up at the top of the mountain yelling for blood
>>
chinese fag here

The folklore was about FILIAL PIETY, one of the things us chinese are really anal about. Mulan being a girl adds a lot more to her struggles. If Mulan was male, she would have been drafted instead of her father. This "drafting males only" still widely exist today.

Now obviously women are physically weaker, that is a fact. Especially in the past where fighting was mainly on physical strength and endurance with melee weapons.

But the fact that she was willing to go through so much and break the rules for her father makes her a heroine and makes the story much more interesting.

I really, really really hate it when people try to insert certain agendas into stories like this. Please dont pollute eastern culture with SJW liberalism.
>>
if i had a magical dragon and a lucky cricket i'll kick way more ass than mulan

also does it look like mulan's squad fluctuate in number in between scene?
>>
>>63778743
Well Shan Yu was from a society where women were pretty high standing- women learned how to fire a bow and arrow from horseback like the men, and in steppe culture that was all you really needed.
>>
File: 3d that feel when_1.jpg (60 KB, 740x685) Image search: [Google]
3d that feel when_1.jpg
60 KB, 740x685
>>63779068

Absolutely unrelated to this thread but could you give me a recommendation for a good wuxia series to watch?

Legend of the Condor Heroes 2008 was amazing, I tried watching Sword Stained with Royal Blood and I hated the protagonist too much to continue, and now I'm trying to find a new one in between clearing through my movie list
>>
File: jaqHR.jpg (178 KB, 1115x713) Image search: [Google]
jaqHR.jpg
178 KB, 1115x713
>>63780065
isnt your picture from swordsman 2013? (笑傲江湖)

I dont watch tv dramas often but I'm reading the books now, its not bad

i would recommend the 1992 movie adaptation starring Jet Li and Brigette Lin, but try to get the subbed version because the dub just sounds atrocious
>>
File: smug pepe.jpg (26 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
smug pepe.jpg
26 KB, 499x499
>>63779068
>Please dont pollute eastern culture with SJW liberalism

Too late faggots, were shipping them your way now so we don't have to suffer their shit anymore. Kill them if you want to or whatever, we don't really care.
>>
>>63780817
>isnt your picture from swordsman 2013?

I have no idea, it was just a pic I saved

>Swordsman 1992 movie adaption

Mite b kewl to contrast it with Swordsman 2013 though. Thanks, I'll check it out
>>
>>63779068
>I really, really really hate it when people try to insert certain agendas into stories like this. Please dont pollute eastern culture with SJW liberalism.

We're culturally enriching who, why do you complain?
I'm going to impregnate some Asian gals next.
>>
>>63780954
i didnt watch the 2013 version yet..I initally thought of that but my friend says they butchered certain characters really hard

I cant say it here without spoilering you, but yea do check them out
>>
>>63780817
>>63780065
I remember watching this at 6 in the evening, Malaysia time. Good old days.
>>
>>63778063
Nope. The real villains were the filthy turko-mongols or whatever the barbarians she destroyed were.

Mulan is an ancient tale. It teaches us to appreciate women and their capabilities. This is very important in an era where men overlooked such things.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.