[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have never seen any of the prequels so I'm just going
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (704 KB, 2281x1219) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
704 KB, 2281x1219
I have never seen any of the prequels so I'm just going from 4-7 here, sorry for my lack of Star Wars knowledge but...
Did anyone else think this one kinda sucked? Not much happened and the few things that did happen were just references to episode 4
>>
5>4>3>6>7>2>1
>>
I think it did a good job of setting up the next film. It was a rehash but it introduced new characters. It was interesting. I'm still thinking about it. I'm not sure if I like what JJ did with the force. Rey got really powerful in a pretty short amount of time.
>>
>>63777194
I agree with it doing a good job setting up the next film.

Man but that rogue stormtrooper really ruined it for me. I didn't know these guys were supposed to think for themselves, didn't feel right watching one take off his helmet
>>
File: 1446311355331.jpg (65 KB, 500x592) Image search: [Google]
1446311355331.jpg
65 KB, 500x592
It sucked, it pretty much made the 4-6 entirely pointless. It should have been called Star Wars: the forced reboot. Ugh, an it has 95 percent rating on rotten tomatoes. Fucking money and politics man.
>>
>>63777273
No way this was 95%
Didn't deserve that at all
>>
>>63777243
Even disregarding similar cases in the EU, its mentioned several times during the film that it's a very rare or even unprecedented occurrence.
>>
my normalfag mother who doesnt care about anything said she thought its weird that the space ships/troopers look the same in the trailer considering that so much time went by

now you can argue this shit to death but the fact that even "normies" are picking up on shit like this is telling
>>
>>63777150

It was literally disney regurgitated jew jew abrams SJW garbage, so you're not wrong friend
>>
>most popular character dies
>nothing happened
>>
>>63777150
>Not much happened
Sounds like you didn't watch the original trilogy either.
>>
Biggest problem with the movie for me is that it doesn't really make a lot of sense.

Where the fuck are the fleets, you only see 1 capital ship and even that doesn't do much. Yay, we have a secret base and total one squadron of x-wing to protect it. Clearly it wasn't a large base, but they didn't even bother to evacuate. Also that starkiller base, i mean you suck whole sun into it. Really, so you are telling me, that you compress suns mass inside the planet. Ok, that makes sense... Was the starkiller base in the same system as the resistance base, republic planet and the merc bar planet or not? Because it doesn't really make sense either way. Sucking up the sun if you cant move the planet, seems like you get only two shots (one shot divided to multiple beams). Why would waste power of that super weapon on a clearly small target, just send your fucking one capital ship there to bombard it to the ground. Clearly those rebels or resistance or what the fuck, have sold most of their ships to support their crack habit or something. Also did anyone other notice how fucking clumsy stormtroopers were. Clearly the armor that they had made for the film, wasn't very easy to move with. There just are tons of issues and inconsistencies through out the film.
>>
>>63779306
I went into the theater tonight thinking "at least this has to make more sense than Into Darkness."

Of course that fucking jinxed it and that good old sense of hollow confusion crept in somewhere around Hux's little Hitler impression followed by the barely established superweapon planet obliterating a heavily populated solar system in clear view of the main characters.

After that point things started happening with less and less buildup or purpose and it pretty much lost me.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.