[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You contrarians can't enjoy anything
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1
File: glib.jpg (57 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
glib.jpg
57 KB, 800x600
>b-b-but there are plot holes everywhere! it doesn't make sense!

Well guess what you moron, it's a fucking Star Wars movie. There's been plot holes and badly written characters since Episode IV.

>b-b-but it's a glib facsimile of ANH

No, the story is intentionally similar, but it works well because it brings new things to the table: a humanisation of Stormtroopers and the Sith/Empire/First Order, finally a concrete idea of what the bad guys do and why it's so bad, a better villain than Darth Vader, and a better pacing.

It's not perfect, there's no clearly-defined goal for the rest of the trilogy, the music is lacking, and there's way too many "well that's convenient" moments and cheesy one-liners, but once again it's a 2015 blockbuster, even Fury Road had some of those and that didn't make it a bad movie.

Just accept that it's a pretty solid movie.
>>
Its a solid movie and overall better than anything I expected from this tired franchise and JJ

Its a rehash of the original but so are other sequels
>>
>>63776765
it's good movie won't make 1.5 billion dollars anon
Admit Disney is the king of mediocre, remakes and sequels
>>
But I did enjoy it. It's pretty much an epitome of a 7/10 action flick, it's pretty good
>>
Yeah, the movie is shit.
You're the kind of retard who would have defended phantom menace too.
This movie is even worse than the prequels, blows in every aspect.
So either you are in denial or you are a marketer.
Why don't you go back to reddit where you have an echo chamber of people who think just like you, because social media peer pressure tells you to.
protip:
we post anonymously here because it voids the effects of social media wankery, if you want to circlejerk with other sheep about how great this movie was (when it actually blows chunks) go back to plebbit.
Or tell your employer that you are just alienating people who are neutral towards your product, because agressive peer-shaming marketing just gets blowback from 4chan
>>
>>63776840
>"the movie is shit"
>gives no reasons
muh everything popular is bad always
>>
>>63776765
>No, the story is intentionally similar
like exactly the same

>but it works well
not really

>because it brings new things to the table
it didn't bring anything

>a humanisation of Stormtroopers
already done in the OT, not mention in the empire it made sense, in the first order is literally retarded that FN after being brainwashed since birth to be a killing obeying machine suddenly changes after being told to do what he was raised to do

>and the Sith/Empire/First Order,
already done in the OT, we know that there are people in the empire that question how the empire rules and its actions

>finally a concrete idea of what the bad guys do and why it's so bad
LOL did you even watch the flick?
nothing was explained

>a better villain than Darth Vader
kylo is literally CRAWLING IN MY SKIN!: THE CHARACTER

>and a better pacing.
literally FUCK YOU, the pacing was possibly the worst of thing aabout TFA
>>
>>63776765
Shill harder.
The movie was terrible, Ren is another angsty teenager, apparently Anakin wasn't bad enough.
Rey is a literal Mary Sue, waiting to get blacked.
The chimp is completely retarded and doesn't fit in.

There's literally 0 character development throughout the entire movie, Rey is especially bad.
>>
What's with all the shilling threads right now?

Is it Australia?
>>
>>63776765
Yes the story is intentionally similar because this movie is a money grab. Nobody cares about what people think. The name itself is enough to make people go watch it so they just rework an old movie.
>>
>>63776840
go fucking die with your shitty opinions, cuntface.
>>
>>63776765
good post
although ANH doesn't have a clearly defined goal either, it ends with rebels winning and vader floating in space
at least we got the set up for Kylo and Rey's training and Hux and Snoke coming up with something new
>>
Just tell me straight guys. Is the pastebin right?
Does Han get suckershanked by his ugly son?
>>
The people that think Kylo Ren is a shit character are the type of faggots that jerk off to Darth Maul and General Greivious because they look cool.

>but muh big bad menacing villain who has no clear motive other than being evil

It's been done to death. A cool design doesn't make a character, actual characterisation does. The whole point of Ren is he's basically /pol/ incarnate - an edgy kid who idolises someone great and powerful because they don't possess any of those qualities themselves.
>>
>le contrarian meme
>pls like this overrated movie that I like
>>
>>63776765
I honestly thought that episode 1 is the best out of the prequels.

OT > I > 7 > 3 > 2
>>
>>63777319
>he's good because he's different guys

Just because he's a different kind of shit doesn't make him less shitty.
>>
>>63777149
>although ANH doesn't have a clearly defined goal either
Yeah, but that was justified then. Lucas made Star Wars not knowing if it would work, therefore it had to work as a self-contained movie. But with TFA, everyone knew there would be two other movies to set up, so why they didn't is a bit of a mystery.
>>
>>63777319
>The whole point of Ren is he's basically /pol/ incarnate - an edgy kid who idolises someone great and powerful because they don't possess any of those qualities themselves.
I've read that exact post 50 times already in the last few hours.
Make it more painfully obvious that you are from reddit, you kike-shill.
>>
>>63776765
>No, the story is intentionally similar, but it works well because it brings new things to the table: a humanisation of Stormtroopers and the Sith/Empire/First Order, finally a concrete idea of what the bad guys do and why it's so bad, a better villain than Darth Vader, and a better pacing.
this desu senpai, couldn't agree more.

>It's not perfect, there's no clearly-defined goal for the rest of the trilogy, the music is lacking, and there's way too many "well that's convenient" moments and cheesy one-liners, but once again it's a 2015 blockbuster, even Fury Road had some of those and that didn't make it a bad movie.
Also the X-wing fight on Starkiller wasn't that exciting. There was no real sense of danger from Starkiller base somehow.
>>
>>63777595
That's because JJ made the mistake of making Death Star 3 a comfy Christmas planet.
The death star worked because it was a grey soulless space station that was specifically designed to blow shit up. It was a cold cruel eye of the Empire.
>>
>>63777061
kekekekek
so mad
>>
my official rankings, from a fan since the 80s

5>4>7>6>hugefuckingpowergap>1>tinygap>3>2

7 was fun in the same way 4 was fun. i only wish they didn't make that one character at the bar entirely cgi, looked way out of place
>>
>>63777595
I honestly can't remember a thing about the x-wing fight, but then again I've never really liked dogfights
I did love the Kylo vs. Rey and Finn battle, honestly my favorite duel out of all the movies
it was so fucking brutal
>>
>>63777061
you are literally retarded
>>
>>63776765
>Better villain that Darth Vader,

Easy there, senpai. You're getting caught in a moment. While there are a great many things that the OT did wrong, Vader was easily the best thing about them.
>>
>>63777595
>even Fury Road had some of those and that didn't make it a bad movie.

no, being complete shit made it a bad movie.
>>
>>63777668
It's more about the lack of an emotional connection with what SKbase destroys. It fucked up the senate and the whole system it was in but we don't really care because we don't know what that means or how it's even a bad thing (aside from the people being killed). There's no one on the main cast who has family or friends there.
>>
Can't believe i'm saying this but there are people unironically shilling this piece of shit....
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.