[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
George Lucas apology thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 9
File: Film-director-George-Luca-008.jpg (27 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
Film-director-George-Luca-008.jpg
27 KB, 460x276
Thread Theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYsKDaQIX54

We can change, please come home
>>
File: glucas.jpg (10 KB, 275x230) Image search: [Google]
glucas.jpg
10 KB, 275x230
BABY COME BACK, ANY KIND OF FOOL COULD SEE
THERE WAS SOMETHING IN EVERYTHING ABOUT YOU
BABY COME BACK, YOU CAN BLAME IT ALL ON ME
I WAS WRONG, AND I JUST CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT YOU
>>
>>63772763

I'm sorry George.

Make Star Wars great again, plz
>>
>>63772763
Sorry for it all, the memes, the poetry... You were just trying to be a good friend
>>
the prequels had more charm than TFA despite being shit films
>>
>>63772624

What you're gonna do with your 4 billions Georges ?

You trade power for money, hope your doesn't regret it.
>>
>>63772954

Even if we can call them shit films, the worst prequel is more entertaining than the average scifi action flick.

I bet the people who went to see Jupiter Ascending would have preferred to watch a screening of Attack of the Clones.
>>
George is still shit. JJ is shit too.
>>
File: 1413262972786.png (753 KB, 629x754) Image search: [Google]
1413262972786.png
753 KB, 629x754
>>63772763
Star Wars VII ended up exactly how I thought it would: Mediocre. Yeah, it wasn't bad like Episode I or II, but those films brought us more than a decade of comfy shitposting that brought us all together.

I miss you, George...
>>
>>63772763
>that completely ham fisted nazi symbolism

>TIE fighters have turrets on the back when the plot requires it only

>girl who literally collects scrap for 1/2 rations of bread knows how to fly space ships

>girl also beats the sith apprentice mere moments after acquiring a light saber

>FUCKING MEGA DEATH STAR SATURDAY MORNING CARTOON FAGGOTRY

>the plan to stop the mega death star is LITERALLY "12 X wings do a trench run"
Seriously fucking trash it

sound was top notch though
>>
>>63773788
I feel like 2 decades of EU is why I'm just not interested in seeing VII, it's all stories I know already that are being recycled.

More interested in Rogue One but that probably won't be good either.
>>
I miss you...
>>
>>63772763
The Phantom Menace is a masterpiece compared to this new shit.
>>
>>63773714
This. At least a shit film leaves us with something to talk about.
>>
At least George had subtle poetry.

>It's another death star?
>This is the death star, this is starkiller!

Made me want to puke. Come back Jorge.
>>
You know, the prequels were silly most of the time- but they were different!

A whole new cast, new ships, new planets, new factions. There was a whole new universe to explore!

We didn't get any of that with TFA. It was literally
>Hey, the Millennium Falcon! Remember that?
>Oh look, X-Wings! Remember the X-wings?!
>And TIE Fighters! Look it's the TIE fighters from before! Remember those?
>>
>>63774470
this and
>>63773788
this
>>
>>63773897
>I feel like 2 decades of EU is why I'm just not interested in seeing VII, it's all stories I know already that are being recycled.

This sums up exactly how I feel about the sequel trilogy. Sure, its' gonna be different from the EU but you know Disney is going to cherry pick the best parts from it. Like Kylo Ren basically being Jacen Solo
>>
>>63773865
The trench was for like 10 seconds. It was just there to be like "hey guys remember this?!!" So fucking stupid.

Fuck Starkiller base entirely. That whole thing ruined the whole movie on its own.
>>
File: 1368562657639.jpg (25 KB, 370x334) Image search: [Google]
1368562657639.jpg
25 KB, 370x334
>this thread
not comfy
>>
>>63774470
actually these TIE fighters have rear turrets

oh wait thats only when its convenient for the plot
>>
>>63774470

I was a lot happier knowing Gungans and pod-racing didn't exist.

Like a lot happier
>>
>>63774763

there was nothing wrong with podracing. the sequence just ran on a little too long.

where the prequels failed in execution, they at least introduced new things as far as lore goes. And the only thing wrong with the gungans was Jar Jar as a character
>>
File: bravo lucas.jpg (792 KB, 1920x824) Image search: [Google]
bravo lucas.jpg
792 KB, 1920x824
>>63772763
no, fuck off
>>
File: godamn.jpg (115 KB, 435x435) Image search: [Google]
godamn.jpg
115 KB, 435x435
>you'll never see Lucas's episode 7 dripping with CGI and corridor exposition scenes
>Disney won't even bring up the galactic politics
I sound sarcastic, but im legitimately sad.
>>
>>63774851
a new republic was the perfect opportunity for more galactic politics
instead we get "yeah there's a republic and everything but this is an empire vs rebellion thing still"
>>
>>63773714
Nah, I was thinking of Flash Gordon more
>>
>>63775103
/thread
>>
Fucking /tv/ man, people just came back from The Force Awakens and suddenly the prequels are awesome and George Lucas is talented.
I don't like this new meme.
>>
nobody is saying any of that, redditor
>>
>>63775273
Prequels aren't good but to deny he's talented is just stupid. His ideas get a bit grandiose and he needs someone to help focus them but he's a talented guy.
>>
>>63774539

At least Jacen had character and motivation
>>
>>63775273
>how do comparisons work???
>>
File: greedo shot first.jpg (381 KB, 1920x824) Image search: [Google]
greedo shot first.jpg
381 KB, 1920x824
yes, we need more lucas
>>
Young Lucas > JJ
Old Lucas == JJ
>>
File: 1445487701197.png (417 KB, 676x678) Image search: [Google]
1445487701197.png
417 KB, 676x678
>>63775558

>mfw Lucas has a Han Shot First shirt
>>
Sleep softly sweet prince.
We did not desarve you.
>>
JJ being shit does not mean that Lucas is not shit..
>>
Even though the prequels are shit they felt a little more like an actual star wars movie than TFA

I feel like jj put a little too much of his personal stamp on the film
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSywtiAirKE

NEW THREAD THEME
>>
>>63775752
george's shit> jj's shit.
is that simple.
>>
>>63775754
seriously this
>>
File: sadSpeilberg.jpg (74 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
sadSpeilberg.jpg
74 KB, 720x480
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-l5FyA3pgo

;_;

vale georgie

rip

+ 42 | - 10 upvotes - 32 comments - save - share - hide
>>
>>63772763
>muh midichlorians

the man is literally a retarded manchild with the brain of a 7-year-old.
his "storytelling" is basically just a weak filter that randomly mixes images and words he has seen somewhere else.
take cockpit scenes from shitty WWII movies and mix those with muppets etc.
take random scientific words you heard in 5th grade ("mitochondria is the powerhouse of the hell") and randomly scramble them ("midichlorians are source of the force, they are in your cells").

this guy is not a sentient adult, but something else - and the mere fact that some sociopathic jew just highlighted his own complete sense of emotion by failing to emulate childlike emotional crap like the original trilogy is not a reason to apologize to him.

he is still a 7-year-old in the body of a slightly overweight 60-something-ewok.
>>
>>63775775
George's shit is prequels.
And calling prequels better than Episode VII is retarded. Episode VII's issue is that its literally nothing - the movie. Its bland and forgetable but its not shit.

Prequels on the other hand.
>>
>>63775849
>insulting poor George's storytelling

JJ basically gave you a glorified remake and added barely anything new, I wish he came up with something at least as discussion worthy as midichlorians
>>
>>63775905
Prequels+EU is god tier though
>>
Please forgive
>>63775849
George for he knows not what he says
>>
>>63775921
>having tons of shit ideas and destroying your own legacy and creating trilogy that is completely and utterly terrible
>not coming up with anything new and makin forgettable mediocre movie
I think i know which is worse
>>
>>63774552
>hey guys remember this
this is killing movies. everything is a fucking callback to better films.
>>
>>63775586
old Lucas is still more original than jj.
>>
>>63776052
Original =/= Better
Its time to stop posting, George.
>>
>>63775905
>Prequels on the other hand.

are deeply flawed yet surprisingly decent sci fi flicks that still to this day have more creativity and imagination than most sci fi garbage released before and after them
>>
>>63772763
I love you George
>>
>>63775905
I rather have a shitty B movie than a forgettable A movie.

the prequels aded value even if it wasn't as good as we'df like. TFA adds nothing new and retreads old ground.

they seriously needed to have gone with Lucas's ideas.
>>
literally everyone of you was shitting on the prequels last week and now you're not because JJ's movie is shit

Remember that.
>>
>>63776077
even if it doesn't equal better it has to actually add value. tfa doesn't add value. its filler and forgettable filler at that.
>>
>>63776173
we still are shitting on te prequels.

TFA is worse by being so bland.
>>
>>63776173
It's almost like things were said in anger that we later regretted

Like every person on the planet
>>
>>63776173
Are you reading the thread? It's saying the prequels were shit but they were still installments to flesh out the series not fanwank
>>
Have not seen the movie yet. I am looking more forward to anime episodes tomorrow. When it was announced I had apathy, and I still don't care, even as a huge /pol/ack I didn't care about the muh SJW controversies either, I just never gave a shit about the movie and will probably leave the theater still not giving a shit about star wars anymore. Oh well hopefully the other Disney productions are better.
>>
it was a strange movie almost like fan fiction. exactly the same feeling i got when watching the new star treks, but i guess that's what audiences want nowadays

wish they got someone other than JJ
>>
>>63775849
And you are the bitter faggot whining about a manchild movie involving walking bear carpets and a giant slug that rapes women.
Only diff is george has 4 bill. And you are a faggot
>>
>>63776373
I agree I tried to describe to my friend that it felt like a very high budget YouTube fan film but you're right with all these movies lately doing the same nostalgia stuff it has that feel
>>
>>63775849
http://www.starwarsringtheory.com/

Lucas is smarter than you and the prequels went over your head, pleb.
>>
the prequels are still bad sorry /tv/ :^(
>>
>>63776376
>you are the bitter faggot whining about a manchild movie involving walking bear carpets and a giant slug that rapes women.

>attempts to attack me for pointing out how dumb even the original trilogy was by pointing out how dumb the original trilogy was

son, i don't think you should be throwing around insult like that when your logic fails that fucking hard. go back to lurking and work on your game.
>>
>>63776437
>rehashing shots is art

symmetry is lowest tier aesthetics.
kill yourself.
>>
>>63776495
no one sad otherwise

I'M SORRY LUCAS

PLEASE COME BACK
>>
i dont get this new meme
>>
>>63776173
youre literally incorrect. theres been a prequel praise resurgence going on the past year before 7 came out
>>
>>63777040
>new meme
>new

people have been saying "COME BACK GEORGE/MISS ME YET" for fucking months.
>>
Eh, I'll take mediocre rehashes over Jar Jar filled shitheaps any day.
>>
>>63777161
I'm the opposite. George's Star Wars have heart, Abrams' have a cash bonus in time for Hanukah
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.