[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw our heroes who we grew up with never live happy lives
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 10
File: Return_of_the_Jedi_Final_Scene.jpg (111 KB, 1214x538) Image search: [Google]
Return_of_the_Jedi_Final_Scene.jpg
111 KB, 1214x538
>tfw our heroes who we grew up with never live happy lives as is depicted in ROTJ
>Han and Leia divorce because they had an autistic kid who wants to be a mass murderer and eventually kills his own father
>Luke fucks up being a Jedi, somehow unleashes evil onto the universe again and runs away like a pussy
>R2-D2 gets depressed and decides to not work anymore
>Lando gets shot 20 times by a galactic cop

FUCK YOU JJ FOR RAPING MY CHILDHOOD! THEY'VE ALREADY BEEN THROUGH ENOUGH SHIT WHY DID YOU HAVE TO MAKE THEM ALL MISERABLE!
>>
>>63770950
your childhood is over.

it's supposed to make you feel like you've been betrayed, goy.

its for the little kids to get hype over and buy toys.

Now go watch Star Trek Beyond directed by Justin lin

Love, Hollywood

PS: Fuck you.
>>
>>63770950

>that last one

are you fucking kidding me?
>>
>>63771088
Watch the movie
>>
>>63771127

I'm waiting until saturday so I don't get shot
>>
>>63771158
Won't you be more likely to get shot at a time when there's mass attendance?
>>
>>63770950

Yeah, it sucks. I wish they didn't involve the original cast in this shit.
>>
Happiness is always brief ......misery always waits ahead.
>>
>>63770950
>>Lando gets shot 20 times by a galactic cop
Landindu?
>>
What the fuck happened to the prophecy? I thought that Vader would bring balance to the force, which meant (according to Lucas) that all sith would be destroyed. But now there are more sith? So the prophecy was just bullshit?
>>
>>63770950
It's fanfiction tier shit, and I will treat it like so.

I suggest you do the same.
>>
>>63773561
They aren't Sith.
>>
>>63773025
unfortunately they're going to kill an old cast member every movie, to milk our emotional investment in them for all its worth.
>>
>>63773772
I'm guessing Leia for VII and Luke for IX. And maybe they'll find room to kill of chewie and R2 as well.
>>
i'm so sick of seeing nameless enemy cannon fodder being incompetent useless meat shields in movies despite looking cool and highly disciplined

stormtrooper armor remains useless.

why did han like chewies crossbow so much because of how powerful it was when a pea-shooter can kill a fully armored stormtrooper in one shot.

other things i didn't care for either but who cares. it was alright.
>>
>>63773561
balance doesnt mean one side doesnt exist anymore.

Balance literally means balance. As in 1 jedi 1 sith... or whatever numbers are equal. Vader brought balance to the force because there was a million jedis and not really any siths. The jedi misinterpreted the prophecy as something that would favor them.
>>
>>63773893

That's not what Lucas said.
>>
File: 1414179146013.gif (1 MB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
1414179146013.gif
1 MB, 800x533
>>63773496
>>
>white cast is replaced by hispanic and black guys

>white man everyone loves who represents masculinity, independence, cleverness, strength, and love of freedom is killed off

The message is clear.
>>
Episode VII was pretty much Transformers the Movie for adults.

>Han loses his son to the dark side, loses his wife and his ship and is murdered by his own son, conscious just long enough to know that any hope and faith he had for his son was completely misplaced and he's beyond redemption.

Honestly makes me wish they'd left the original cast alone. All the upbeat Star Wars stuff afterwards felt completely hollow to me.
>>
>rewatching ot after I watched 7
>I noticed I stopped feeling happy or cheering on my favorite characters
>realize not only did 7 ruin Han but it ruined the entire ot for me knowing it's just another small part of all their miserable lives
>thinking about suicide now
>>
>>63770950
>Lando
What?
>>
>>63770950

Welcome to the real world, faggot.
>>
>>63770950
I watched the movie and I didn't hear or see shit about the last one.
>>
File: 1438390367388.jpg (24 KB, 324x291) Image search: [Google]
1438390367388.jpg
24 KB, 324x291
>>63770950

>>
>>63774600
Is anyone else rewatching the ot with the mindset that none of it really mattered and they would've all been happier under the empire?
Like I can't enjoy 4-6 anymore it all feels like prequels to 7
>>
>>63770950
Is that worse than what they got in the EU?
>>
>>63774544
Don't worry about it, goy.
>>
>>63773858

What I think is fucking retarded is that the entire time Han and Chewie have been together which is several decades Han never once used his crossbow or noticed how powerful it was, according to this movie.
>>
>tfw they're making a prequel film about a man whose life turned out miserable and ended in the most heartbreaking manner possible.

What's the point? Who wants to be Han Solo now?
>>
>>63774676
Yeah, but think about how much money Disney are making - they must be raking it in!
>>
>>63774762
I hope thy get a black guy to play him because he's good for the role
>>
You guys are fucking autistic, this movie was incredible.
>>
Han solo wouldve been better off staying frozen in carbonite
>>
>Blow up the death star (twice)
>Defeat the empire
>Bring peace to the galaxy
Fast forward 20 years
>Empire just changed its name to the first order
>Still building astronomical superweapons
>Still in charge
>Rebels still under ground with some shitty capital that explodes without anyone caring
>Still gotta fly suicide missions to blow up some retarded empire shit

Life's tough m8.
>>
>>63770950
Really though, how did they kill off lando after Jedi
>>
Did anyone else think Chewie had gone full Wookiee rage mode and blown himself up because fuck living without his best friend?

I think I'd actually have preferred it. Poor guy.
>>
>>63774887
underrated post
>>
File: 1368945265211.jpg (59 KB, 500x380) Image search: [Google]
1368945265211.jpg
59 KB, 500x380
>>63770950
>expecting anything different from a director that says he purposely cast a black as one of the main characters because he's "sick of fucking white people"
>>
>>63774887
seriously. All he did afterwards was raise a psychopath who eventually murders him
>>
>>63774877
incredibly awful you autist
>>
>>63774887
If I were given a choice between staying in carbonite or given the knowledge that my son would kill me, but I'd get to bang Carrie Fisher in her prime, I'd still do it.
>>
Is there a good cam release available yet so I can watch it as much as I need to analyze everything in it?
>>
>>63774905
It's. Like they said how do we make movies after they saved the universe
Then everyone understood ohh that's why he made prequels and not sequels
Well we can't do that so how about they didn't really save the universe
And everything is reset back to how it was with a new hope
But isn't that bullshit
Yeah you're right ok how about it takes place after the main characters lived a good life in peace and this is 500 years later and shit started up again
Ok I can see that but now we lost nostalgia we should just not make anymore
Fuck you I want money let's go with the no one really won idea it was all just another little battle
>>
>>63774963
Didn't Han say in ANH that Chewie was basically his bodyguard who could tear arms out of sockets?
>>
>>63775075
>Then everyone understood ohh that's why he made prequels and not sequels
Mother fucker knew rotj was the end of the story there was nothing after why did I never piece that together

I always wondered why he made prequels and not sequels
>>
>>63775075
This is why I have no interest in more star wars movies. They are not being made because anyone has a good story to tell anymore, its just a commercial for toys
>>
>>63775175

Lucas said fucking ages ago he had plans for 7 8 and 9
>>
>>63770950
Reminder that 1-6 are the only ones that matter and everything else is like Bond novels after Fleming died.
>>
File: 1412564830535.png (88 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1412564830535.png
88 KB, 225x225
>>63775225
>1-3 matter
Anon...
>>
>>63775188
It was always a commercial for toys. Lucas took a massive salary cut in ANH in exchange for merchandising rights.

>>63775207
Don't believe his lies. He'd have pulled 7-9 straight out of his ass just like he did with the prequels.
>>
>>63770950
>that last one

Pure fucking poetry
>>
>>63775347
>It was always a commercial for toys
partially, yes. But someone had a story to tell. This new trilogy made the toys first and then wrote a story to sell them. Cart before the horse
>>
i like how 1-3 make yoda in 4,5 look like a loser with sour grapes.
>>
>>63775207
It would have been original not empire vs rebels
It would have probably been new republic vs scum gangsters and realizing they need a Jedi force to take down drug dealers and arm dealers around the universe
We would've got a Jedi xmen movie an he would've created new factions no more dark vs light but all grey and force can be used as fuel
Or midichlorian injections into civilians
Shit this series could've went places
Han could've been hokage
>>
>>63775428
nuts mean 5 and 6
>>
>>63775428
He was a loser. Yoda lost every lightsaber fight he was in. He watched as all the Jedi he every trained were butchered, then he hid in a swap for 25 years and died of old age or some bullshit. Why did he and his clothes disappear in Return of the Jedi?
>>
>>63775518
Jedi mind trick he was naked
He just made people think he was wearing clothes and that his ass was wiped
>>
>>63774544
>Rey is a country bumpkin.
>Finn is an incompetent white knight and a coward.

>Poe is a flawless hero and a pure gem who is recognized and treated as the hero of the movie by all its in-universe characters.
>>
Is it just me or was kylo ren suppose to be a radicalized terrorist his mask and hijab looked Muslim as well
Other people noticed he looked like a terrorist right?
>>
>>63773893
>a healthy body is 50% cancer
>>
>>63775296
go home, reddit.
>>
>>63776217
You like the prequels, but Im reddit? Whatever
>>
>>63776250
>biggest meme opionion in history
>not reddit

you're lucky I'm not calling you 9gag
>>
>>63775062
No you fucking retarded nigger, go and see it.
>>
>>63775768
Poe is not white.
>>
>>63776296
Nice try but I'm pretty sure that black guy gets some shares of the ticket revenue
I'm not paying his welfare child support or supporting his drug habit
>>
File: 1369216945516.jpg (130 KB, 616x616) Image search: [Google]
1369216945516.jpg
130 KB, 616x616
>>63770950

> tfw the rebels of the OT died for nothing, everything's back to square 1 including a new sith lord.

fuck this shit.
>>
>>63773561
It didn't say it would last forever
>>
>>63776390
Reminder that this will happen after every new trilogy so Disney can keep making Star Wars movies for decades.
>>
>>63776390
Thats what they deserve for being fucking terrorists
>>
>>63776702
How many more Death stars will there be? Id say they will go for at least 2 more and top out at 5
>>
>>63775075
It was kind of weird, I expected the Order to be this little group that gained weight in the first movie, rose to prominence in the second, and was ultimately defeated in the third.
>>
>>63774600

Anon, the Abrams trilogy is not canon.
Only SW films made by Lucas is canon.

This new trilogy is just fanfiction.
(A very bad one, too)
>>
>>63775207
Originally it was supposed to be 9 films with a new hope being the first
>>
File: ol rust.gif (84 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
ol rust.gif
84 KB, 480x270
>>63776390
>>
>>63776776
goofy is the key to all this
>>
File: keep-calm-and-poe-dameron.png (387 KB, 600x700) Image search: [Google]
keep-calm-and-poe-dameron.png
387 KB, 600x700
>>
>>63774569
>for adults
>>
>>63776742
At some point they'll have to make everyone expand to another galaxy so the newest Death Star knock-off can blow it all up.
>>
>>63776323
If you disregard spanish as non-white, then by association neither are italians, greeks nor french. And then you slippery slope to "only germans/aryans/nordics" are white, and that's just plain retarded.
Unless you're talking bout the jewish factor. Then I can only greentext you with:
>jews
>race, and not a sect
>>
>Next movie will be about luke showing he was busy making blueprints to build a lifestar
>>
>>63777223
>next movie has poe involved in poetry
>>
>>63776755
unfortunately it is official canon now...
>>
>>63777118
>And then you slippery slope to "only germans/aryans/nordics" are white, and that's just plain retarded.
Maybe to an "olive-skinned" wog.
>>
>>63770950
Fucking WHAT?
>>
anyone hate the new black guy in this movie?

lando was cool

mace was cool

this new guy is just ugly, objectively, and can not act.

what the fuck, jj?
>>
>in the EU Han has adventures for years after ROTJ and he's massively important to every plot
>in the canon Han goes back to smuggling and then dies

Han btfo
>>
>>63775075
I've always thought people understood that the Empire (the giant galaxy-wide empire) would not simply fall apart because it's leader and it's biggest battlestation were destroyed.

they didn't save the universe in ROTJ, they didn't even win the war, they simply won a great battle.

but it doesn't take much imagination to figure out that whoever had the highest rank still alive would take over and try to keep going.

Also about this whole "omg they were so happy, why'd you ruin the happiness"

>>63775018
>>63774887
>>63774762
>>63774676

all you guys, seriously shut up. it's life. you have happy moments, you eventually die. It doesn't automatically make their lives terrible tragedies not worth living.

also
>>63774676
of course they're all prequels to 7, that's sort of why it's called 7.... and spoiler: all 7 lead up to 8 and all 8 lead up to 9....

it doesn't mean what happened in 1 doesn't matter, or 4, or 6. It just means the story kept going and the universe didn't suddenly turn off at the end of 6.
>>
>>63779325

are you joking, have you even seen the movie? black guy was the best part of the movie
>>
>>63779325
Are you a time traveler from last week? /tv/ stopped listening to /pol/cucks, actually watched the film and thinks Finn is based now.
>>
Wasnt the EU just as fucked up for the main characters as it is now?
>>
>>63770950

If the OP heroes became such total failures, why are we supposed to believe that the new set has any hope of future success? Even if we get a happy ending in Ep9, we can be fairly certain that they'll all fuck it up again.

So what's the point of any of this?
>>
>>63779584

Well fuck everyone has to die, and him dying smuggling is pretty realistic for the character.
>>
>>63779868
The Prequels were an allegory for the Napoleonic Wars, the OT for WWI, and this trilogy for WWII. War is always inevitable. and it never changes
>>
>>63779868

$$$$$$$$$$$$

not but seriously good luck to the future writers. They have mess on their hands if they want to truly create something original.

It's pretty obvious kylo ren is going to become good again though.
>>
"The galaxy was saved, a party was thrown, they all lived happily ever after, and everything was permanently good" is a stupid ending.

"The Emperor was defeated, The Empire was destabilized, the Republic was restored, they all went back to their regular lives having made the world a significantly better place, and people were still war mongering ass holes" is a better ending.
>>
The only thing I'm pissed about s Luke's fate. He's the hero I grew up with, and to see him reduced to an old man living alone in an Island is pathetic.

He should be forming some kind of underground army to fight against Snoke and the Knights of Ren. Instead he's alone mourning his dead wife and padawans.
>>
>>63770950

reminds me of Legend of Korra's treatment of the ATLA cast.
>>
>>63777382
Don't let Disney win, Anon.
From our point of view, the new trilogy is evil.
>>
>>63779743
>Not joining the new hivemind makes you a /pol/cuck

Sure smells like pieces of silver in here.
>>
>>63780784
agree. Don't spend money for the new Star Wars movies. There are probably many great EU books or games

(the awkward moment is you realize that even the new expansion of Star Wars Old Republic has a better story then the new movie...)
>>
>>63770950
Well it is called Star Wars, not Star Happy Fun Times.
>>
>>63781508
that was a cheap way to create drama
>>
>>63780624
He did pretty much exactly what both Obi-Wan and Yoda did.
Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.