[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is without any irony or fabrication, one of the most souless
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 5
This is without any irony or fabrication, one of the most souless and irritating movies ive ever seen.

A microcosm of everything wrong with modern film making.

Episode 1 was more fun than this, even if ironically.

people behind me feel asleep, 4 different people that was able to see.
no one cheered, everyone checked their phones and watches, no one was having actual fun.

That trailer of Zootopia with the sloths got reactions out of them in 30 seconds than this nearly 3 hour movie did.

I didnt even have any expectations and im dissapointed.

ask me anything.
>>
The theater I was in clapped twice. Once for the falcon showing up, then again at the end.
>>
>>63769832
And yeah, the Zootopia sloth trailer got loads of laughs.
>>
If anything that is a sad indictment of general movie goers then film itself.
>>
>>63769795

Just saw it. Basically...I honestly thought I was watching a shot for shot remake of A New Hope.

So uninspired. I hoenstly expected more from JJ Abrams
>>
>>63769927
Op here, thats half the reason im pissed off.

its a new hope....but done as shitty as possible.
>>
Also i cant be the only one who though John Williams was half assing it.

along with most of the original cast. Ford was hard to watch.

Storm Troopers were bad ass for once.
>>
>>63770083

Agreed. And like you said. Absolutely no one in our theater clapped or cheered, and we had people in costumes. It was like the room was sucked of energy and replaced with the dull lifeless crap on the screen.

I blame a lot of it on Harrison Ford too. He fucking SUCKED in this movie. It was almost as bad as his performance in Crystal Skull.

The good parts? Boyega has talent. I'd also say Kylo Ren's actor was pretty good too. But everything else was just ham-fisted shit.
>>
>>63769919
It's a sad indictment of the state of people in society in general - unenthused, detached, jaded, etc
>>
>>63770210
>It was almost as bad as his performance in Crystal Skull.
Hell, i can watch Crystal Skull 100 times before this again.

>Boyega has talent.
Meh, i was getting scared negro/Chris tucker vibes.

> I'd also say Kylo Ren's actor was pretty good too.
Yeah when he kept on his fucking helmet.
his face is just not scary.
>>
>>63769795
do you think we are seeing actual enjoyment out of people or is it just star wars hype. keeping your own feelings aside i'm seeing a lot of positive reactions. i can't tell if they are just caught up in the moment or not though
>>
>>63770160
>John Williams' underwhelming score
That has been a big talking point on this board, you're not alone there.
>>
File: 1446631354290.png (67 KB, 616x596) Image search: [Google]
1446631354290.png
67 KB, 616x596
>>63769795
Star Wars is approached with the same reverence today as sunday morning church was in the 1950's. The former is now just about as entertaining as the latter.
>>
>>63770274
You think maby its because films dont have real emotion anymore? that everything is cynical?

The old films, i can squeeze tears out at times. they're glorious.

this though?
god damn, i was checking my watch every 5 minutes. I was feeling actual physical discomfort watching this movie.
>>
>>63770313

Not OP, but they have to be. Those reviews are just nostalgia goggles. I guarantee within the next week or two you will have people viewing this objectively for what it is-- a crappy remake of A New Hope, with nothing new or inspiring.
>>
>>63770313
oh i think its a mix of hype....and trying to fool themselves into justifying 10 wasted bucks.

also no one wants to be wrong.

remember, it took a while for people to admit Jurassic world, avatar, and Phantom menace to suck.

give it about a month and i bet those RT and meta scores are gonna sink.

>>63770364
At least church has proper lighting and last only 1 hour tops and you can appreciate the art of public speaking and read a decent book!
Or save your soul.

I think my soul killed itself during this movie.
>>
Movies are no longer about what stories they tell, but about the stories they promise to eventually tell. We can thank Marvel for that.
>>
>>63770408
all reviews ive seen have been robotic and generic as fuck.

or retarded.
>>
>>63770480
you know what i miss?

George Lucas actually telling a story.

his unchallenged methods of story telling werent good...
but damn it they FELT like movies some man wanted to tell and wanted to show.
it had SOMETHING in them, even if it was just CGI money and green screens and podracing memes.
>>
And did JJ Abrams really insert MCU style quips into STAR WARS!?

fuck off Abrams you fucking hack!
>>
>>63770368
I think it's just that society has been overloaded with too much information/misinformation and too many things with which to concern itself. This takes away its peoples' attention span and leaves them detached. The overabundance of information leaves them cynical - is this true/correct? Can I trust him/her/it? They are without trust of what is immediately apparent. Without knowing what is true/reliable and having much distraction, naturally they are detached, jaded, and cynical. It has often been said that art reflects the society in which it was made, so if a film feels a certain way, the general mindset of the society in which it was made is probably the same.
>>
>>63770723
Disney owns marvel and lucasfilm.
You figure it out, sparky
>>
>>63770585
It's called heart, anon. George has his heart in his films, Abrams doesn't.
>>
>>63770795
So according to this film, the society is stupid, soul less, has ntohing of real value to offer, relies on nostalgia for entertainment and brownie points and-

oh my dear sweet jesus christ you're 100% correct.....
>>
>>63769795
To be fair that Zootopia trailer was damn good
>>
File: 1345758611627.gif (1 MB, 200x118) Image search: [Google]
1345758611627.gif
1 MB, 200x118
>han solo returns in episode 8 as a force ghost

its pottery
>>
>>63770971
that fucking sloth laughing, man. god damn the audience was shitting their selves.
>>
>>63769795
I had fun and it lived up to all of my expectations.
>>
>>63769927
>I hoenstly expected more from JJ Abrams

...why?
>>
Jesus Christ, did you go to the same theater as I did? pacific winnetka theater?

JUST like that,
>>
>>63769795
Why the fuck are you surprised?

It's a Disney movie, a company that has been putting up soulless blockbusters for over a decade now, and JJ, a man who made a career out of making soulless blockbusters.

It will make money, that's what is was designed to do. And every future Star Wars movie will be just as soulless.
>>
>>63770858
Lucas earned his green screen money and extra pounds through dedication to Star Wars; Abrams made a career out of creating taxidermies of old franchises. Back when filmmaking was still an art, this would have been considered plagiarism. Now, it's just business.
>>
>>63770210

>I blame a lot of it on Harrison Ford too. He fucking SUCKED in this movie. It was almost as bad as his performance in Crystal Skull.

I felt he carried the movie and his death removed any interest I had in 8 or 9. The new characters weren't interesting. Ren and Finn have less than 0 chemistry.

Not that there was much movie to carry. Being a more boring and PC/SJW friendly New Hope already made the movie kind of boring
>>
>>63771500
So you're basically saying that Abrams is a talentless hack?
>>
>>63771247
none?

>>63771456
Nope, middle of Alabama, with simple folk, red necks, and plebs.

Not a damn cheer.
>>
>>63771583
yup
>>
>>63771616
Jesus Christ. It seems like just EVERYONE is having really shitty opinions of the movie.

I really think disney dropped the ball on this one. Cause fuck, even normies are sick of it.
>>
>>63771655
People laughed loudly multiple times
People cried audibly from every corner of the theater
Some were still crying in the parking lot
At least 4 times I heard >awwww
Heard multiple >no no, don't Han
Cheers and claps for R2, Han, Luke, Falcon, start of movie, credits, planet explosion

Wtf kind of faggot theater did you guys goto?
>>
>>63771840
its because its a fucking cynical movie made a hack director who is also an idiot fanboy.

and worse of all...IT FUCKING BORING!!!

god damn, as SHIT as it is, the worst part is its BORING.
>>
>>63771840
Literally everyone loves it except faggots on /tv/.

Fucking nerds need to get off 4chan now and then
>>
File: 1374176997440.gif (1 MB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
1374176997440.gif
1 MB, 300x225
This is a bait thread by clap posters.
>>
>>63771876
apparently ones not stuffed with noisy retards, like yours.
>>
>>63771616
>Not a damn cheer.
I'm jelly
>>
>>63769795

Ask you anything? What town do you live in? Because I don't ever want to visit there. It sounds terrible and soulless.

My theater cheered, laughed, clapped, gasped. A woman stood up during the credits and shouted "THANK YOU, JJ ABRAMS!" to the sky. Cringey and silly, yes, but I understood where she was coming from. I was terrified he was going to fuck everything up, but he didn't and it was a relief.
>>
>>63772046
>he goes to opening shows of major films for a silent viewing experience

Go die, idiot.
>>
>>63771616

This explains a lot - did they have a Klan rally to get to where they could vent their anger about a black dude and a woman being the stars of the show?
>>
>>63771908

This. /tv/ doesn't see that they're the common denominator in the "people who don't like the movie" equation.

Soulless /pol/ sewage overflow who wanna make Sheev may mays and complain about "niggers and jews" and don't know how to actually enjoy something.
>>
>>63772367
>This explains a lot - did they have a Klan rally to get to where they could vent their anger about a black dude and a woman being the stars of the show?
it was around anniston, half the audience was black.

also fuck off, that was lame as shit.
>>
>>63770480
underrated post. have an upvote
>>
File: image.jpg (44 KB, 630x332) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44 KB, 630x332
>>63770210
Why'd you hate Han Solo, anon?
>>
>>63769832
>claps for title showing up
>claps for han and chewy
>claps for lightsaber
>claps for R2D2
>claps for ending

Fuck this gay earth
>>
>>63770160

I can't remember a single memorable track.

If there was one thing I thought I could rely on it was John Williams delivering a killer score, and somehow I don't remember any new themes.
>>
>>63774075
I really liked Rey's theme, it sounds a lot different from the usual Star Wars fare.
>>
>>63771876
>movie based on nostalgia from original trilogy
>emotional responses from said nostalgia
How does that make the movie somehow good?
>>
>Good stuff:
Boyega far exceeded my expectations, probably the best new character
Ford actually had significant screen time
Ship battles were well done

>Meh stuff:
John Williams' score was lackluster (every fucking track in ANH is incredibly memorable, I can't remember single distinctive theme from TFA)
C3PO is just sort of... There, like they realized "I guess we HAVE to add him."
Another Death Star... Really?
Poe didn't get enough screen time

>Shit stuff:
Rey was such a fucking Mary Sue it was laughable. She has ZERO training yet can block and invade minds, use a Jedi Mind Trick, use a Force Pull and fight competently with a lightsaber... All while being built like a fucking noodke. Couldn't they have asked her to lift weights so she at least had some definition?
The entire plot was just a point-for-point recreation of ANH
The ending lightsaber fight was just so cringeworthy to watch
>>
thats what happens when you see a movie made for children
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.